AvP Jaguar ROM

Started by tembwbam, Apr 05, 2010, 02:41:15 PM

Author
AvP Jaguar ROM (Read 6,604 times)

tembwbam

tembwbam

Maybe this isn't the right forum, but since everyone here loves all things Alien, Predator, and AvP, I figured I'd give it a shot.
Does anyone here run the old Jaguar AvP game on an emulator? If so, which, and does it work well? I've tried Virtual Jaguar, but it runs really slowly, and Project Tempest, but the text is garbled and the screen goes weird when I cloak as the predator, and I've tried Tempest 2000, but none of the enemies actually attack me (which I think is really funny).
Can anyone tell me what they use, and what settings they had to tweak to get it right? I'd really like to play this game . . . Thanks in advance!

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I wanted this game too. Sounds cool cocooning people 'n shit.

tembwbam

tembwbam

I looked all through that thread you linked, Avatar III, but there's no help for my emulator/ROM, which is why I posted this. Can anyone get this to work right?

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Played the game, it sucks.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 13, 2010, 05:58:11 PM

haha wow.

It's the best game for the frickin Jaguar.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 13, 2010, 05:58:11 PM

So does Goldeneye if you play it today.  AVP was considered one of the best games for the Jaguar back then.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

No, Goldeneye was amazing. This game just balls out sucks.

SiL

SiL

Says you, now shut up.

IRT thread

I get the same issue with Project Tempest. No idea how to fix it :(

Huol

Huol

I don't get any of those problems with PT, but it does crash a lot

SiL

SiL

If enemies not attacking is the only problem you get with Tempest 2000 I might try that.

Quote from: Huol on Apr 15, 2010, 07:01:12 AM
I don't get any of those problems with PT, but it does crash a lot
Did you do anything to get it to work, or did it always just work for you?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 15, 2010, 03:59:21 AM
No, Goldeneye was amazing. This game just balls out sucks.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Oh well. Got me there.

barzool

barzool

I have a Jaguar emulator w/AvP-plays fine. Get the emu here:   http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/jaguar/

Get the AvP rom here:   http://www.coolrom.com/roms/atarijaguar/6704/Alien_vs._Predator.php

Other roms sites have the AvP title as well

I also have the new AvP for X-box 360. If you are a fan of the Alien/Predator franchises,you MUST have this.
Also out for PC.

tembwbam

tembwbam

Hey, that one works pretty well! Thanks! One thing - as the Predator, when you cloak, the screen goes distorted. Do you use Project Tempest (I noticed on the site you linked there are 2 emulators)? Does this happen to you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed