What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 586,228 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Not that it makes me unhappy, but my Covid-19 test results were negative so now I need to figure out what's really wrong with me.  Physically, that is.

I suspect it's a gall stone because the symptoms fit and I've had issues with them before.

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2020, 08:29:14 PM
Not that it makes me unhappy, but my Covid-19 test results were negative so now I need to figure out what's really wrong with me.  Physically, that is.

I suspect it's a gall stone because the symptoms fit and I've had issues with them before.

Sending good vibes your way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

More tests incoming?  :(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Not much point in more tests.

I already knew I had gall stones and was warned years ago they could cause another attack at any time unless I have my gall bladder removed entirely.  Even if I went that route, I'm unable to have the modern laparoscopic surgery because there's a hernia mesh in the way so they'd have to slice me open like a baked potato to get at it.  I'm not sure I want to go through that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ugh.

Glad you're covid19 free though brother.

AliceApocalypse

Heat wave with humidity - please no hurricanes I need air conditioning this summer  :o

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

QuoteNOAA's Climate Prediction Center is forecasting a likely range of 13 to 19 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/busy-atlantic-hurricane-season-predicted-for-2020

AliceApocalypse

My house turns into an oven after a hurricane, dries the air out and leaves me without power for a few weeks.  Maybe I could rent an RV and just park it by the house, to sleep in AC and watch some TV  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This one can go in both. I've had a couple of weeks of trouble trying to get our back-up internet working again, and had been on-and-off trying to sort it between jobs. The device I thought was handling all the DHCP and bits and bobs didn't seem to be working. So I decided to configure a new router, but it still wouldn't work. I'd been trying to figure out what was going wrong and figured out the new device was handing out the wrong Gateway. f**k if I could find where to change the Gateway settings being handed out though. So I figured, f**k it, I'll go factory reset the old one and just rebuild it.

So I went over, held in the reset button, it boots back up with all its settings in tact and now working fine...first thing I did was restart that f**king device!  >:( I'm happy its sorted now but...f**king hell. That'd been causing me some right aggro.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Few things are as frustrating as tech that don't work.

In that regard, rebooted the computer yesterday... and then the damn thing started a six hour long update. >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Now I'm being sent to another contract for 2 f**king weeks because they can't keep on top of their own damn tickets. I think I'm at that tipping point.

j0nesy

j0nesy

now that is frustrating, you deserve some pizza or something

BlazinBlueReview

Ordered alien anthology off of eBay. Received it and banged up due to Post Office not taking good care of it. The discs are all fine. But that case was a bit dinged up. They gave me a partial refund (half my money back). Could have refunded it fully but would have had to send it back.

So now ordered a Blu case that'll hold 6 discs. But now have to come up with a case cover for it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 14, 2020, 07:00:40 PM
My house turns into an oven after a hurricane, dries the air out and leaves me without power for a few weeks.  Maybe I could rent an RV and just park it by the house, to sleep in AC and watch some TV  ;D

Here in the savage southlands, air-con is something only very modern public buildings/businesses have anyway. Until 1990 we were building like it was still 1890.

AliceApocalypse

How are the summers there, [cancerblack]?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed