The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 108,399 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I also think the rushed nature in which the reviewers had to play it probably colored their opinions somewhat. We can stop whenever we want to, but they had to keep playing in order to finish and write up a review before today.

But when I read some reviews that mention how you develop a sort of stockholm syndrome-esque relationship with the Alien; that is responds to you differently the farther the game goes on, well, that sounds fantastic. I'm not deterred in the slightest.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 03, 2014, 03:42:15 PM
The game received 80/100 on Metacritic (PC) . Better than I suspected .

Exactly what I expected.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Remember many reviews are not listed on Metacritic because they don't use numbers to score the games. Kotaku for example gave it a very positive review.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2014, 03:58:57 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 03, 2014, 03:42:15 PM
The game received 80/100 on Metacritic (PC) . Better than I suspected .

Exactly what I expected.

You set your bar very high. I set mine low after how ACM turned out.

Corporal Hicks

I've already played it several times so I was expecting good things.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2014, 04:08:17 PM
I've already played it several times so I was expecting good things.

I forgot you played it. Lucky dog. I can't believe the response. I've seen a few 9+ scores. ACM is getting shit on. I am gonna go to Pitchfraud's Twitter and hope people are trolling him.

thecaffeinatedone

The best way to troll randy pitchfraud would be to not buy a Gearbox game at all. :p

WinterActual

WinterActual

I don't see how you could compare ACM and A:I. They share nothing in common in therms of gameplay. They are two completely different games.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
I don't see how you could compare ACM and A:I. They share nothing in common in therms of gameplay. They are two completely different games.

LOL. I can compare quality.

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Oct 03, 2014, 04:30:35 PM
The best way to troll randy pitchfraud would be to not buy a Gearbox game at all. :p

Was gonna buy Borderlands 1 and 2, but after ACM, I decided they will never see a dime from me.

I am hoping for a Borderlands 3 flop.

WinterActual

WinterActual

If thats so, A:I sucks compared to GTA V.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 04:35:44 PM
Was gonna buy Borderlands 1 and 2, but after ACM, I decided they will never see a dime from me.

Amen brother

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 04:35:44 PM

Me as well! It sucks that most gamers aren't politically active (unless some random chick says that games are sexist) and want to be all "Omg c'mon you're gonna boycott a company just because of that?11!!". Video game companies require our money to exist, after all, and if you buy shit products from them without a peep the quality will lower.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 04:43:11 PM
If thats so, A:I sucks compared to GTA V.

Your logic isn't sound. I can compare a turd of a game (ACM) to a quality game (AI). Pretty easy to differentiate a game that was made poorly or one made soundly.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeah, exactly. Thats what I am saying  ::)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 04:56:47 PM
Yeah, exactly. Thats what I am saying  ::)

::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed