The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 142,579 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Bugger... Another play-as-a-human-running-around-with-guns approach.

Might be atmospherically good, though.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Have it be like the original Alien movie with no real way to fight back against the xeno.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'd prefer it to be varied. with 2 long campaign modes from Alien and human perspectives. Have lots of characters be playable. Some segments are unarmed and you just have to use your wits and whatever the character can find, other times you would have a solid trusty pulse rifle... but you too would be on the run. Make it very survival horror based... no run and gun shooter, plz :P

Alien campaign should be mostly stealth based.. but still fast and lethal ;)

Aliens: Colonial marines just lost a good opportunity to make us play as the alien that popped out of Newt's dad.  :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

YES to all of the above statements. Now, that would be a game that would be fun to play, but I'm not sure who I would give it to, to develop the game.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'm surprised at the amount of Alien games that dont feature the harpoon from Alien. :laugh:

..you just have 1 shot :P And you gotta use it right.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

If it's survival-horror, I doubt we'll be seeing an Alien campaign, unfortunately. Which disappoints me, because I get games for escapism and that means wanting to feel empowered, not hunted.

They might remember that splashing corrosives around a spaceship's hull would be a bad idea, though.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Fond memories of the AVP2 campaigns

Dat atmosphere in the first sections of the marine story.... Finding the skinned corpses... the sense of dread and the amount of time till we see a single alien.  :p

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 09:47:14 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 13, 2013, 09:40:38 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 13, 2013, 07:53:06 AM
EGM - 9/10

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-aliens-colonial-marines/

Sorry someone already posted it
The review page comment section got closed. I guess they noticed lots of backlash. The site should be shut down and discounted from metacritic for good.

OMG, this person might as well have shown a video of a f**kton of cash being handed to EGM for this review, f**king insane. I used to love EGM so much, and I was so happy when they came back after being shut down...now, I can't even bother to care. Gamespot did the same with that whole Kane and Lynch debacle, all credibility f**king lost forever in my eyes.

I guess Microsoft didn't pay them that one day, because they gave Halo 4 only a 7/10. Yet CM gets a 9/10. Just wow.

VonPelz

VonPelz

Angry Joe's review is quite disheartening, although he does manage to find a few good things about the game. Final score 4/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8#ws

Ironically he had posted a "top 10 reasons why A:CM will kick ass" video a couple of weeks before release.

Dusk

Dusk

What?! Only 3...THREE Aliens focused missions?

ScardyFox

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

i enjoyed that review - probs more exciting than the game hes reviewing.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Heh! That's been the first video of his for a while where the little comedy sketch at the start made me laugh. :)

Waiting for Yahtzee's review for the giggles...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 14, 2013, 02:17:43 PM
Waiting for Yahtzee's review for the giggles...
I hope he does one, soon  8)

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 14, 2013, 03:32:47 AM
Fond memories of the AVP2 campaigns

Dat atmosphere in the first sections of the marine story.... Finding the skinned corpses... the sense of dread and the amount of time till we see a single alien.  :p

Yeah, totally agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed