Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 07:17:13 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial (Read 50,232 times)

Predaker

The gun in that screenshot is a pulse rifle with R.I.S.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I just love how casually this guy walks in a power-loader WITHOUT SLIGHTEST FACIAL EXPRESSION!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BkqmMNQWA&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

Awful eyes without any expression, they are simply blank, plus they are lo-res.

The smoke is obviously 2D - I know it's all about smokes and mirror and making things look nice with good frame-rate and certain sacrifices have to be made, but - at least in the trailer - its flatness was very obvious...

The design of the bigger spaceship is to me very uninspired, both in its architecture, its textures and relative lack of bump-mapping...

Your thoughts?

WinterActual

Its [img] not [shot]

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 17, 2013, 03:19:52 PM
Its [img] not [shot]
You think he saw the image button?  ::)

WinterActual

I don't know, I always write down the tags manually  :laugh:

Cal427eb

I used to when I did HTML coding but I find it easier to just highlight the url and press the button.

Where did he get the idea for shot though? Lol

WinterActual

[screenshot] I guess  :laugh:

Salt The Fries

Its [img] not [shot]
I know, I was on my phone and I copied an entire post from another forum where I made it originally on my phone's internet browser then pasted it to a notepad and then pasted it here using tapatalk application. Something must have messed up in between by itself.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 17, 2013, 06:54:27 PM
Its [img] not [shot]
I know, I was on my phone and I copied an entire post from another forum where I made it originally on my phone's internet browser then pasted it to a notepad and then pasted it here using tapatalk application. Something must have messed up in between by itself.
Hmmm that's weird.

Predaker

[SHOT] works on the gearbox forums to make the pic a certain size. It can be helpful if the pic is too big and you want it to be smaller. It looks like Tonks edited your post and changed img to shot so the pics would fit better.

Salt The Fries

Anyway, I sorted it out and edited the post, still on my phone. What do you think of these flaws in the pictures?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Nothing new.. I mean those issues are in the game since the first ever gameplay trailer - low res and bland faces, 2d effects, senseless chars. We already know about those "features".

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 17, 2013, 06:59:01 PM
[SHOT] works on the gearbox forums to make the pic a certain size. It can be helpful if the pic is too big and you want it to be smaller. It looks like Tonks edited your post and changed img to shot so the pics would fit better.
bro, whenever I see your nickname, I think of Predator crossed with Brubaker, you know that movie set in prison with Robert Redford and...Yaphett Koto :-D someone ought to make a poster out of it :-D

acrediblesource

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 17, 2013, 03:10:57 PM

I just love how casually this guy walks in a power-loader WITHOUT SLIGHTEST FACIAL EXPRESSION!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BkqmMNQWA&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

Awful eyes without any expression, they are simply blank, plus they are lo-res.

The smoke is obviously 2D - I know it's all about smokes and mirror and making things look nice with good frame-rate and certain sacrifices have to be made, but - at least in the trailer - its flatness was very obvious...

The design of the bigger spaceship is to me very uninspired, both in its architecture, its textures and relative lack of bump-mapping...

Your thoughts?

We'll for the most part you are right but it's all about perspective.
The marine you see is only a stock marine (like stock villians they are generally going to have to look the same and not at all expressive only to make it seem that they are generic) If they were expressive, Jim Carey like, then you'll have a whole army of Jim Careys no?
The smoke you see is actually really good quality rendered smoke in 2d much like the other from the start of the trailer.
No complaints there.
The ship looks uninteresting mainly because it is from the era of the Sulaco and is a military ship. Its meant to look armour plated as compared to the nostromo and its cargo (these would have to look much different).
I don't see these gripes as nothing more than subjective artistic measure. They look fantastic to me. But you're baffled so maybe you can elaborate your fustrations.

Vepariga

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 14, 2013, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: Byohzrd on Jan 14, 2013, 09:16:56 PM
what is this shit?!
Spoiler
Canon.
[close]

:laugh: I said the same thing before hitting that spoiler tag

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed