New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Author
New The Predator Still in Empire Magazine (Read 34,370 times)

bobcunk

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 24, 2018, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 24, 2018, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 23, 2018, 10:05:20 PM
I hope not. I really hope not, and i'm not really seeing it myself, but hey, one never knows.

I've seen a few good Predator female designs, but then they get to the chest and it's like they can't help themselves.

I keep saying look at viking women or American Indian wardrobe. That's where you can see an influence that makes sense and from that you could design a female predator that isn't a glorified sex object with a monsters head on it. I mean, Predators have big heads to begin with yet somehow some of these artists still give them boobs that rival the size of their heads. It especially doesn't make sense if you're trying to design a warrior or a hunter kind of a character. They'd have that shit taped or strapped down.

Maybe they rewrote the script so Captured and Upgrade are actually married and this whole thing is a Predator divorce settlement.

I think captured wanted to keep the car, but upgrade disagreed gently  :laugh:

:laugh:

Hopefully they'll realize it's only fair to cut everything down the middle.
do male preds have nipples?  If not then the females probebly don't have bigger breasts, and of topic but the one in predator to had ears under his dreads.

OpenMaw

I've never seen ears on any of the classic suits.

PredBabe

To answer the question, no, there are no apparent nipples on predators. That being said, I don't think they would be as apparent as human's because of their skin. Kind of like elephant nipples, which are really only noticeable on the females.

Of course if you're not a fan of the whole breastfeeding idea, there was another really good and plausible theory, made by a fan from another forum, of them feeding their young similar to birds.

So make of it what you will.

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 03:13:38 AM
To answer the question, no, there are no apparent nipples on predators. That being said, I don't think they would be as apparent as human's because of their skin. Kind of like elephant nipples, which are really only noticeable on the females.

Of course if you're not a fan of the whole breastfeeding idea, there was another really good and plausible theory, made by a fan from another forum, of them feeding their young similar to birds.

That's actually a really interesting idea, and one that's not totally far-fetched - especially if they don't breastfeed and their infancy is similar to humans.  I kind of like it, despite it being somewhat gross  :laugh: 

Samhain13

Predators aren't mammals. Why would they have nipples?

For me I wouldn't want many differences between males and females. And it shouldn't even be mentioned in movie, doesn't seem relevant, any of the predators so far could be either male or female, anyone can see it as they want it.

Maybe just not the ones in AVP, since they are on a manhood ritual.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 29, 2018, 03:20:25 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 03:13:38 AM

That's actually a really interesting idea, and one that's not totally far-fetched - especially if they don't breastfeed and their infancy is similar to humans.  I kind of like it, despite it being somewhat gross  :laugh: 

Yeah just a lil' bit!  :laugh:

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 03:27:38 AM

They seem like a good blend of both reptile and mammal, as they possess many primate characteristics, if you ask me. Walking upright, clasping hands (with 5 digits) and their weird alien hair. It's not that implausible.

Wysps

Wysps

For me I wouldn't want many differences between males and females. And it shouldn't even be mentioned in movie, doesn't seem relevant, any of the predators so far could be either male or female, anyone can see it as they want it.

Maybe just not the ones in AVP, since they are on a manhood ritual.

So, I'm kind of on the fence of how I want the female Predators to be portrayed, but honestly the whole mammal argument should be tossed.  This is an alien species from another planet.  If nipples do exist outside of earth, who's to say that there aren't their version of 'reptile' nipples?  Or 'fish' nipples?  Or 'crab' nipples?  If it's an alien planet, then it's possible - especially since the Predators are already semi-humanoid to begin with.  Opposable thumbs and all.

Samhain13

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 29, 2018, 03:34:31 AM
They seem like a good blend of both reptile and mammal, as they possess many primate characteristics, if you ask me. Walking upright, clasping hands (with 5 digits) and their weird alien hair. It's not that implausible.

There were some pre-historic creatures that looked quite like a missing link between mammals and reptiles, it's believable, the characteristics are there as you pointed. But since they evolved on a different planet, I wouldn't want to see that many similarities with Earth's species.

Still I always imagined predators as having went through a similar evolucionary background as humans had.

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 29, 2018, 03:49:26 AM
If nipples do exist outside of earth, who's to say that there aren't reptile nipples?  Or fish nipples?  Or crab nipples? 

Don't know, I never considered in this franchise any nipples outside of Earth. Maybe there are none out there at all... dammit I just reminded that the alien newborn had nipples.

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

There were some pre-historic creatures that looked quite like a missing link between mammals and reptiles, it's believable, the characteristics are there as you pointed. But since they evolved on a different planet, I wouldn't want to see that many similarities with Earth's species.

Still I always imagined predators as having went through a similar evolucionary background as humans had.

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 29, 2018, 03:49:26 AM
If nipples do exist outside of earth, who's to say that there aren't reptile nipples?  Or fish nipples?  Or crab nipples? 

Don't know, I never considered in this franchise any nipples outside of Earth. Maybe there are none out there at all... dammit I just reminded that the alien newborn had nipples.

Consider them well, Samhain.

I do like that picture that you posted.  I've thought about their evolutionary process in the past and have had a hard time imagining what their "Lucy" could have been.  I'm liking the little dude that's scraping his knuckles on the floor.  Not sure about samurai guy though :-X

PredBabe

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

Meh I don't see anything wrong with simple comparing and speculating on how it all would work. Had we actually found life on another planet, we would compare and contrast it to life here on Earth. It's only natural. I guess think of it like how the xenomorphs were portrayed in Aliens. Their behavior is easily comparable to that of ants/bees/wasps. Of course either (movie) species still has their alien features/characteristics that we can't completely explain- at least not without full in depth research/samples etc. But of course we don't have any of that!

But I like that pic too, pretty interesting interpretation of how their evolution could be, the two on the end are most amusing.  :D

Huggs

I could easily see some form of co-evolution of the different species across the stars. Perhaps some grand evolutionary experiment.

What if the engineers seeded all planets capable of sustaining life with the exact same DNA. Given pure randomness and chance, the superior species would evolve and take over dominion. On some planets, the insect life either evolved faster or differently from earth and became the xenomorphs, which then took over. The predators would be more akin to some form of reptile or dinosaur-like creature that evolved to walk upright and subsequently dominated their planet. And of course, humanity conquered ours.

Or heck, maybe the reason we're alone in the universe is because all of those other dead planets are where the xenomorphs and species like them took over and destroyed everything. Maybe from a Ridley perspective, we're floating in a galaxy full of failed experiments. Surrounded by the remains of failed species/civilizations and their now barren worlds.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 30, 2018, 12:46:17 AM

I could easily see some form of co-evolution of the different species across the stars. Perhaps some grand evolutionary experiment.

What if the engineers seeded all planets capable of sustaining life with the exact same DNA. Given pure randomness and chance, the superior species would evolve and take over dominion. On some planets, the insect life either evolved faster or differently from earth and became the xenomorphs, which then took over. The predators would be more akin to some form of reptile or dinosaur-like creature that evolved to walk upright and subsequently dominated their planet. And of course, humanity conquered ours.

Or heck, maybe the reason we're alone in the universe is because all of those other dead planets are where the xenomorphs and species like them took over and destroyed everything. Maybe from a Ridley perspective, we're floating in a galaxy full of failed experiments. Surrounded by the remains of failed species/civilizations and their now barren worlds.

"It's all dead space."

Huggs

Predators aren't mammals. Why would they have nipples? ...they are on a manhood ritual.

Hence the nipples. There are only so many other things left to twist once you take nipples out of the equation. Ironically, group cohesiveness is also reduced under these conditions.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 30, 2018, 12:55:31 AM
Predators aren't mammals. Why would they have nipples? ...they are on a manhood ritual.

Hence the nipples. There are only so many other things left to twist once you take nipples out of the equation. Ironically, group cohesiveness is also reduced under these conditions.

Great. Now they'll have a Predator in the next novel called "T'idee T'wistr" or "T.T." for short.

Just to readdress the idea of a female Predator and how one might approach the design, I had this image on my HD. I forget wher eI found it, but it was one of the many Google hunts I went on.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 30, 2018, 08:48:39 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 30, 2018, 12:55:31 AM

Great. Now they'll have a Predator in the next novel called "T'idee T'wistr" or "T.T." for short.

Just to readdress the idea of a female Predator and how one might approach the design, I had this image on my HD. I forget wher eI found it, but it was one of the many Google hunts I went on.

Wow i think it's really good in terms of design. But my main gripe with it is that it isn't menacing enough. The tinier frame makes it less ominous, i mean it's like facing up with a man or a woman, physically the man is more intimidating because of his bigger frame obviously, aside from a few exceptions of course. It's the same here, it's a cool design but not ominous enough. I'd face that any day compared to any other preds we knew in the movies  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed