The Predator Rating

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 21, 2018, 09:17:47 AM

Author
The Predator Rating (Read 23,204 times)

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 23, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
R rating.  Nice! 
Will it limit its box office or improve it?

Limit it, but R rated films are budgeted with that in mind.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 24, 2018, 01:20:11 AM
Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 23, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
R rating.  Nice! 
Will it limit its box office or improve it?

Limit it, but R rated films are budgeted with that in mind.

Right. Plus, for the franchise's integrity, it kind of has to take the hit in that regard  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

Tell that to Deadpool.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 24, 2018, 01:05:54 PM
Tell that to Deadpool.
Completely different genres. 
Like way off
Like nowhere near
Like not even in the same ballpark

Marvel vs Predator.  Lol lol lol

von

von

Agree that Predator shouldn't be compared to Deadpool and Logan but Fox is definitely now more confident in putting out R-Rated films. Sadly, now that Disney will have the final say on Predator, ....

The Old One

The Old One

The point is R-Rated films on a low budget can make bank.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 24, 2018, 01:05:54 PM
Tell that to Deadpool.

Deadpool is the highest-grossing R rated movie in history, and it didn't make it to $800 million worldwide. It's a massive success, especially considering its budget, but again, it's the highest-grossing one. For a big budget PG-13 comic book movie in the veins of the MCU, DP's worldwide gross would be a big hit, but nothing absolutely groundbreaking. Logan, which I imagine is a movie The Predator is closer to in terms of budget, is another massive hit as an R rated movie and it grossed $619 million. So yeah, the R rating does limit the film's gross, but they are budgeted accordingly to that.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 24, 2018, 04:38:54 PM
The point is R-Rated films on a low budget can make bank.
Only in the same way as lower rated films: mass appeal. Predator doesn't have it and never has.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Of course it's possible The Predator might do extremely well, but the truth is predator is not as popular as any superhero movie. Deadpool and Logan showed us that the R rating doesn't have to be an obstacle for massive success but they bear no certainty for other R rated movies. The thing that makes me optimistic is that The Meg is doing well and if I'm not mistaken, it also has an R rating? 

426Buddy

426Buddy

No, meg is pg13

Danversity

Danversity

Oh I wish The Meg was a rated R movie...

I'm sure that The Predator will do well. Marketing's been great, release date is no less than perfect with absolute zero competition, even if it's not as popular it is a recognizable brand, people are excited, runtime is ideal, and no one makes a fun movie like Shane Black. Action packed, terror, scary creatures, clever humor, it surely will draw people to see it. All that's missing is good reviews and we're done. No reason for this to fail.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Damn, mistaken on Meg.

I really hope our optimism is justified. As said, the conditions are all there, all that's left is for the movie to be good and well received.

Wysps

Wysps

And to use the power of individual marketing. We fans need to do our part too, right?

Vermillion

Vermillion

The Meg has done over 350$ million worldwide!! Wow

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 26, 2018, 01:02:40 AM
The Meg has done over 350$ million worldwide!! Wow

Gonna need around 400mil to break even, if I remember correctly. And it's really starting to level out. I don't see it going any higher than 400.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed