Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 225,828 times)

SM

SM

What he said ^.

Huggs

Huggs

Went up the bottom and out the mouth.

As it were.

kwisatz

kwisatz

That a 'No'?

Spoiler
[close]

razeak

razeak

I think it's implied. I'm sure someone mentioned the way the tail slowly creeps between her feet at some point in this thread.

Huggs

Huggs

And the little...em..."poke"... in Covenant.

It's not so far fetched.

I believe it's also a finisher in AVP 2010

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

All the way through is indeed a finished in 2010. 

Huggs

Huggs

Yep. Trophy Kill.

YouHaveMySympahties

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 04, 2020, 09:56:56 PM
Quote from: YouHaveMySympahties on Sep 04, 2020, 12:32:36 PM
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I felt the want to reply because I honestly can't believe that there are people who think the Xenomorph didn't inflict sexual violence on Lambert. The alien totally raped Lambert. Scott has gone on record many times as saying that the film is an allegory for sexual violence and bodily invasion. The facehugger itself rapes Kane.

I don't know why people seem to want to find a disconnect between a director with a mission statement of conveying sexual violence through the film's imagery, and what is quite obviously intended to be a sexually violent death for Lambert. I mean for God's sake, let's just look at the editing. The tail slithers up between her (Brett's) legs before she suddenly convulses, and then we hear very long and drawn out shudders/shrieks, as if she is struggling to breath through considerable exertion. They're the sorts of sounds a woman makes when she's pushing a baby out of her womb.

I think the implication is pretty clear that the alien is forcing its tail up her vagina. I'm not saying Scott had the idea right from the offset. We all know that isn't true. But I think it's obvious that he saw an opportunity to add an extra dimension of sexual horror to her death scene, through the insertion of the footage of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs. And then of course, when we cut back to the scene of all the carnage, Lambert's pants have been torn off and there's blood pretty clearly running down the length of her legs.
All that's implied is that something unusual and horrific (compared to the previous victims) happened.

The body was partially or completely stripped of clothing, the blood running down the bare legs and pooling under her mangled foot could be from a head wound (head bite), instead of her nether regions.

I guess the trousers came off because the alien couldn't work out which end was the head?  ;D

Okay so in your opinion, all of the comments that Scott has made over the years, i.e., about the sexually violent implications of the alien's life cycle, about the overtly sexual imagery of the film itself, etc., all that has no substantial bearing on Scott's obviously very deliberate choice to insert an otherwise seemingly random shot of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs, right in the middle of Lambert's very agonising death scene, and just before we hear her babbling and panting through what sounds like a physically exhausting and painful act, and with the alien finally roaring - something it most certainly doesn't do when in the process of headbiting Brett or Parker. I mean just look at the amount of time it takes for Lambert to actually stop screaming. The ordeal last for about 15 seconds. The other headbites in this movie are a pretty unceremonious affair lol.

Kradan

Kradan

QuoteWas Lambert raped by the Alien?

Yes

Spoiler
That's what I choose to believe
[close]

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: YouHaveMySympahties on Sep 05, 2020, 07:10:37 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 04, 2020, 09:56:56 PM
Quote from: YouHaveMySympahties on Sep 04, 2020, 12:32:36 PM
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I felt the want to reply because I honestly can't believe that there are people who think the Xenomorph didn't inflict sexual violence on Lambert. The alien totally raped Lambert. Scott has gone on record many times as saying that the film is an allegory for sexual violence and bodily invasion. The facehugger itself rapes Kane.

I don't know why people seem to want to find a disconnect between a director with a mission statement of conveying sexual violence through the film's imagery, and what is quite obviously intended to be a sexually violent death for Lambert. I mean for God's sake, let's just look at the editing. The tail slithers up between her (Brett's) legs before she suddenly convulses, and then we hear very long and drawn out shudders/shrieks, as if she is struggling to breath through considerable exertion. They're the sorts of sounds a woman makes when she's pushing a baby out of her womb.

I think the implication is pretty clear that the alien is forcing its tail up her vagina. I'm not saying Scott had the idea right from the offset. We all know that isn't true. But I think it's obvious that he saw an opportunity to add an extra dimension of sexual horror to her death scene, through the insertion of the footage of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs. And then of course, when we cut back to the scene of all the carnage, Lambert's pants have been torn off and there's blood pretty clearly running down the length of her legs.
All that's implied is that something unusual and horrific (compared to the previous victims) happened.

The body was partially or completely stripped of clothing, the blood running down the bare legs and pooling under her mangled foot could be from a head wound (head bite), instead of her nether regions.

I guess the trousers came off because the alien couldn't work out which end was the head?  ;D

Okay so in your opinion, all of the comments that Scott has made over the years, i.e., about the sexually violent implications of the alien's life cycle, about the overtly sexual imagery of the film itself, etc., all that has no substantial bearing on Scott's obviously very deliberate choice to insert an otherwise seemingly random shot of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs, right in the middle of Lambert's very agonising death scene, and just before we hear her babbling and panting through what sounds like a physically exhausting and painful act, and with the alien finally roaring - something it most certainly doesn't do when in the process of headbiting Brett or Parker. I mean just look at the amount of time it takes for Lambert to actually stop screaming. The ordeal last for about 15 seconds. The other headbites in this movie are a pretty unceremonious affair lol.
The Alien roars? There was a fair bit of screaming coming from Parker before he died.

The Alien's tail rose up between her parted legs and drove its barbed point into her back, between the shoulder blades. Where is this vaginal intrusion implied later in the death scene? The dripping blood? The blood running down her legs may have come from a fatal head wound.

In an edited shot, Lambert narrowly missed being head bitten first (distracted by Parker, the Alien turned on him instead).

Spoiler

[close]

The unclothed body could've been the result of a simple examination by the creature and nothing more - she was the first female it encountered in its adult form. It sensed immediately that she was different, even ignoring Parker in its curiosity.

Victims missing articles of clothing is not unusual. Dallas lost his jacket and a shoe when found by Ripley in the Alien's nest.

If the creature really did enjoy the ladies, why didn't it show the same interest in Ripley after she stripped down, instead of waiting for her to put on that hot, stuffy space suit - and (also) lining her up for a head bite instead of rogering her with its erect tail?   

426Buddy

426Buddy

I always took the sexual violence of the scene as sorta subtext. Regarding what actually happens in that scene, I think Elmazalman covers it pretty well in his post above.

son_of_kane

For me, the deaths of Lambert and Parker are the most distressing in the entire series. It's left to the viewer's imagination what actually happens to Lambert which makes it all the more horrifying. I think Dan O Bannon said "this is going to be a film about inter-species rape". So maybe the Alien did rape Lambert. As to why it didn't try to rape Ripley, maybe its sexual appetite had been quelled for the time being. Maybe it didn't particularly "enjoy" violating Lambert. Who knows what the hell it was thinking?

Acid_Reign161

[Disclaimer: As this is a 45 page thread I am unsure if I have already shared this thought some time ago, so apologies if this is a reiteration.. but hear it goes]

I think the Alien needed a female host to reproduce in the absence of an egg laying queen, and thus was curious about Lambert. It had tried to eggmorph Dallas and Brett.. For arguments sake, let's assume those were 'duds' /non viable eggs. It keys in on Lambert, it senses she is different.. But not *quite* what is needed... It "enters" and "explores" her insides to find she is missing what is required (ovaries) on account of her being transgender. This is why Ripley is not immediately attacked on the shuttle. She is too important.

Evidence to back this up throughout the series: In Alien 3, the superhugger attacks Newt first, though as she has not yet hit puberty, it moves on to Ripley. It doesn't attempt to impregnate Hicks despite him being a large strong individual. In Prometheus, black goo causes mutation in organisms, but in Shaw causes growth of what we can describe as a proto-hugger, and forms the basis of David's experiments. In Alien Covenant, Shaws ovaries are removed and used to create Ovomorphs. In H R Gigers original art showing the fate of the Jocky, the image is framed by his interpretation of Nuit, the Egyptian goddess of the night. From her stomach is where we see the eggs originating.

I put it forward that a viable eggmorph can only be achieved from a female host - a queen however can lay viable eggs.

SiL

SiL

Kind of a few holes:

Why would the Alien not perform exploratory actions on Dallas and Brett?

Brett's egg seemed to be developing just fine. If it were a dud, why would it not check Dallas to not repeat the mistake?

How can it even detect human ovaries? Specifically, ones that are developed enough to ovulate -- human females are born with all the eggs they'll ever have in their life, they don't appear at puberty.

Facehuggers don't care about age or sex. Newt was closest, Ripley the next closest. The dog was male.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

If Ripley is so "important", why did the Alien almost head bite her?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed