Author
NECA Aliens (Read 843,107 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

NECA Fireteam Elite Aliens figures announcement:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb0w4maP29O/?utm_medium=copy_link

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's what it took for us to get a symmetrical Runner then? Fair enough. Hope they also do the Warrior and Drone.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Series 1? Nice, so more are possible. I guess this is what was taking forever to get approved. Surprised they redid the whole dog alien for this! Like the sculpt, though I'll need to see it in reviews first. Now I know why the cougar had newly sculpted legs, it was for reuse in these figures. Maybe they'll redo the drone and warrior? That would be cool, not to mention the Praetorian or Crusher would be an instant buy for me. I'd flip if they do the marines but I doubt that'll happen. But single jointed elbows? Really? Why are we going backwards with articulation? It took forever to get the double joint to Big Chap, now they're going back? And don't tell me it's for support for being on all fours. The heavy Rhino xeno had double jointed elbows. Is it cost related reasons? Too busy with their stupid TMNT line to throw some money at the Alien or Predator line?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

You're welcome?

[cancerblack]

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 02, 2022, 01:20:08 AM
You're welcome?

Appreciate you posting, but typically we thank for the news in a post if the forum comment was the first place we saw it or if we were tipped off. Wasn't the case here.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

BigBadToyStore.com has packaging images.

I've grown to love the prowler design, so I'm excited.

judge death

judge death

Ahh awesome :D
Well I know what I will be saving for now, and also cry when I realise I will need to buy even more display stands xD

Not sure if the runner version differs from the ultimate version they released earlier, will have to check reviews of it, but the prowler I will get asap. Its the warrior version of the dog alien, so it will be great to have in my collection. :D

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Probably shouldn't expect them make any FTE marines huh?

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 01, 2022, 10:54:22 PM
That's what it took for us to get a symmetrical Runner then? Fair enough. Hope they also do the Warrior and Drone.
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 01, 2022, 10:12:19 PM
NECA Fireteam Elite Aliens figures announcement:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb0w4maP29O/?utm_medium=copy_link
What do you mean by symetrical?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Their film version's an asymmetrical mess.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 02, 2022, 08:15:36 AM
Their film version's an asymmetrical mess.
I genuinely never noticed. How so?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm using this as an example, but it rings true of the Kotobukiya version as well, the film's Runner's got asymmetrical features in the detailing in the texture but not in the overall shape. In that way it is as symmetrical as the Warrior and Drone before it.

See the way even though each side of the head has slightly different details, ditto for the arms and legs, overall it's very symmetrical?

That's not true of NECA's offering.

It's much more messy looking than either the suit or rod puppet the Prime 1 statue more faithfully accurately represents. The sculptor with NECA made the bizarre choice to make each arm and leg completely different looking in both shape and detailing from one and other. But that's not all.
The head itself's dome's also slanted to one side.

You can see here it's almost sliding to the left. It's not that even round shape from the front that it is meant to be.

Consequently the right side of the head's fairly accurate with that lovely almost semicircular curve where the flesh meets the dome but... the right arm's not, especially where it meets the elbow.

With the left side, you can see not only's the detail lacking and incorrect, at the back of the dome it begins in a curve and then goes mostly in a very slight curve that's almost a straight line by comparison to the other side of the head. Then look at the left arm where it meets the elbow and you will see it is much more accurate.

The rod puppet for good measure.

The only thing NECA gets right that Prime 1 does wrong's the details on each shoulder, that you can also see done correctly on the Kotobukiya, the only representation I know of to get every detail and shape
completely correct.

khas

khas

Hello, does anyone know what date the last marine was released?

Kailem

Kailem

Unexpected, but cool announcement! I've always liked how much the Prowler was reminiscent of a Kenner figure, and now it's going to be the next closest thing!

Kinda strange for them to mark these as "series 1" though. Have they ever done actual numbered "sub-series" within their Alien and Predator lines before like this? Obviously they've got stuff like the Kenner remakes, but those have never been numbered as far as I've noticed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed