Aliens RPG Officially Cancelled

Started by Darkness, Jun 27, 2009, 08:30:47 PM

Author
Aliens RPG Officially Cancelled (Read 11,344 times)

Darkness

Darkness

This isn’t really surprising given the fact we’ve seen hardly anything about the Aliens RPG other than some leaked concept arts. Though today, the rumours have been confirmed by Obsidian and Sega. Aliens Crucible has been cancelled. The news can be found on Giant Bomb and Kotaku. Here’s Sega’s statement:

“At this point, SEGA has no plans to move forward with the Aliens RPG. The Aliens franchise offers us so much content to choose from that we feel it important to take a step back and carefully consider the type of game we want to release. We plan to continue working with the Aliens franchise and ask fans to be patient and stay tuned for more information about what SEGA has coming out for the Aliens series of games, starting with the upcoming Alien vs. Predator game. We are very excited about and focused on Alien vs. Predator, which promises gamers a fantastic single player game and an equally compelling multiplayer experience. We are confident that it provides all the excitement and fun that the Aliens and Predator fans are looking for!”

It’s a shame we never got to see how far they got with it or even why the game was cancelled. Aliens Colonial Marines is supposedly still in development. Thanks to funcroc and Mr. Domino for the news.

Awgustas

Awgustas

Oh dang...

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Well that sucks.  Yeah ACM is still my number one desire. But I would rather have had the RPG than another AvP game.     :(  

randy4321

randy4321

oo well least we still got ACM and avp3 which will be b.a

Übermensch

Damn I was looking forward to this game, an RPG would be interesting, I hope SEGA return to it at a later stage.

DivineStrike

damn that pisses me off colonial marines will be next i guess. they need to give the alien franchise over to someone who actually intends to finish an alien game, and not just start em and get everyone all hyped up and drag out devolpment forever with no news and then cancel them suddenly.

JD

JD

This game has been Cancelled for ALONG time, its only just now they are telling us. i just hope they dont cancel the other games

Purebreedalien

Damn. I was looking forward to this, but AVP3 is what I'm hoping for the most    ;D  

Commander Griker

this sucks i guess ill go back to playing fallout 3

bog113

bog113

I hope A:CM is not on the same list!!!

herbie1

herbie1

if alien colonial marines gets cancelled i will b so pissed of because it was only the other day they said it was still being made   >:(  

thewoozy

thewoozy

Aliens Colonial Marines is the only reason I bought an Xbox360. That was about a year ago...

crazygoji

crazygoji

Damn...

Dagger

Dagger

that's the same reason i bought my xbox360

Sam

Sam

Well AvP3 is too far along to can now, but we still haven't seen anything of CM so I wouldn't say it's future is entirely secure...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed