Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,300 times)

Nightmare Asylum

'FX on Hulu' Brand Is Getting Scrapped

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/fx-on-hulu-branding-phased-out-1235126567/

If I recall correctly, this series was to be part of that 'FX on Hulu' lineup. Looks like it is just going to be Hulu now.

TC

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 15, 2021, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: DaveT937 on Nov 13, 2021, 11:14:32 PM
Scott in latest Total Film on this: "it's kind of interesting" ::)

I recall a few actors who have worked with Scott that have said, that when they come up with a new idea for their character and Ridley says it's "interesting", it means they need to drop the idea.  :laugh:

lol that sounds about right

Ridley Scott says "interesting"  :)

Now this is how a real director asserts himself:

Quote• Here's what James Cameron says to studio suits who impede his vision: "Tell your friend he's getting f**ked in the ass, and if he would stop squirming it wouldn't hurt so much."

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/40258305.html

Kradan

They don't call him "Iron Jim" for nothing

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: TC on Dec 07, 2021, 12:57:38 PM
Now this is how a real director asserts himself:

Quote• Here's what James Cameron says to studio suits who impede his vision: "Tell your friend he's getting f**ked in the ass, and if he would stop squirming it wouldn't hurt so much."

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/40258305.html

That's nothing compared to what he said to the tea lady.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 07, 2021, 03:59:07 PM
That's nothing compared to what he said to the tea lady.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

A jovial, plump tea lady trundled her trolley up to Jim during the middle of a difficult take and asked whether he would like a "coopa-tea and some sticky buns luvvie?"

Jim responded with: "*&#(@#**!!\ %&*!$?*#!!!"

Local Trouble

Do the locals form a queue when the tea lady shows up?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Of course! Queuing is as much a British institution as drinking tea and complaining about the weather.

Kradan

Does Sherlock Holmes and Elizabeth II show up often ?

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, I remember hearing that since Aliens was filmed in the UK, a considerable part of the crew was British. So every time that Cameron really wanted to shoot the movie, people were having tea and muffins all the time or something.  :laugh:

Definitely a culture shock. He doesn't seem to be very good with British people though. :-X

Spoiler
...yeah, that last part was a joke  :P
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 08, 2021, 09:57:21 PMHe doesn't seem to be very good with British people though.

That's why I can't wait for Hicks to interview him.

PsyKore

This is the real reason I would've liked to have seen both Cameron and Scott co-direct Alien 5: just to see their egos butting heads all the way. It would've been hilarious. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 09, 2021, 07:37:16 AM
This is the real reason I would've liked to have seen both Cameron and Scott co-direct Alien 5: just to see their egos butting heads all the way. It would've been hilarious. :P

I think the plan was actually for Cameron to write and Ridley to direct, but yeah - those are two very big, very different egos at play there. :D

Plus, we would have gotten that film instead of AVP, so even if it was a mess of dueling egos, it certainly would have been more interesting than the total nothing of a movie that AVP was.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 08, 2021, 10:38:00 PM
That's why I can't wait for Hicks to interview him.

Hicks has interviewed Riddles, can't see why he can't fit in Jimbo as well.

Corporal?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed