William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,868 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I know i'm bit late with my opinion here (as usual 'sigh') but i just must say that i love that comic. It realy has grown on me. I  had known about Gibson's drafts before but this comic really made me believe that this story could potentially worked as Aliens sequel. I really dig artwork and often revisit one or another issue. I like characters and i think all of them have their moment to shine. Hicks and Bishop were believable and interesting protagonists to follow. I love that concept of confrontation of two political blocks (funny enough 'cause i would be rather in UPP camp if such thing happened  :D).

I don't know that story just played right bits for me.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I got a question for y'all. the William Gibson Alien 3 comic digital issues are on sale for 99 cents currently on comixology and I was debating on getting those but I usually hold off buying single issues in favor of the TPB be it physical or digital and I was curious if you guys knew if the TPB would have some kind of extra content that would be make it worth waiting for over the issues. Thanks!

SM

SM

I'm tossing up what to do with Alien 3 as well.  I missed issues 3 and 4, so might wait and get the digital trade version.  Looking at prices for digital trades of Dust to Dust and Defiance, it seems much cheaper.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2019, 06:16:34 AM
I'm tossing up what to do with Alien 3 as well.  I missed issues 3 and 4, so might wait and get the digital trade version.  Looking at prices for digital trades of Dust to Dust and Defiance, it seems much cheaper.
EBay has physical copies of issues 3 & 4 for reasonable prices.

SM

SM

Pricey when the shipping is included though.

I bought Resistance all digitally, and was pretty happy reading it that way.

Till I got a couple of issues signed by Tristan.  :laugh:

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2019, 08:45:40 AM
Pricey when the shipping is included though.

I bought Resistance all digitally, and was pretty happy reading it that way.

Till I got a couple of issues signed by Tristan.  :laugh:
Depends where you're based. I'm in UK and have seen them for about £3 including postage.

SM

SM

That's not bad. 

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

So the TPB doesn't look like it includes anything special beyond the 5 issues from what they've released so far right?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I believe it has a foreword by William Gibson. Not sure what else.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

IIRC it's supposed to have some earlier concept sketches too.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The hardcover of this is being released tomorrow... SRP. USD $19.99

Prez

Prez

Picked up my Hardcover Trade today. It's beautiful. Some nice extra prelim character study illustrations and covers at the back of the book.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Prez on Jul 25, 2019, 10:44:10 AM
Picked up my Hardcover Trade today. It's beautiful. Some nice extra prelim character study illustrations and covers at the back of the book.

Any chance of some pics.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Got the hardcover as well, quality is really great. really nice format.

Perfect-Organism

Is the book broken up into chapters or does it play out like a movie from beginning to end without breaks?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed