William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 152,640 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Some sorta of mix of the two would be interesting.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

well issue 3 did certain start ramping up the story a bit... just got my copies today! seems like the story started progressing a much more rapid rate than in previous issues, especially toward the end of the issue :)

Perfect-Organism

Read Alien 3 part 3.  Yes, that is a sentence I just wrote.  I'm finding the use of colors to be way too bright.  As if every scene were brightly lit.  Hardly anything is in shadow.  It takes me out of any feeling of threat or danger..

razeak

razeak

A little slow so far. Lazy weapon art in issue 3. A 64 year old Uzi design in the real world in a book set 150+ years from now? Is the UPP that broke?

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 16, 2019, 12:29:32 AM
Read Alien 3 part 3.  Yes, that is a sentence I just wrote.  I'm finding the use of colors to be way too bright.  As if every scene were brightly lit.  Hardly anything is in shadow.  It takes me out of any feeling of threat or danger..

Quote from: razeak on Jan 17, 2019, 05:07:01 AM
A little slow so far. Lazy weapon art in issue 3. A 64 year old Uzi design in the real world in a book set 150+ years from now? Is the UPP that broke?

Pretty sure Dark Horse Editorial just decided to put this book out as fast as possible. The whole thing is just sloppy. 

Very weird decision, considering the fan base that William Gibson has.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Also, the hole laboratory set up is bit lacking, shouldn't it be more high tech and futuristic? it looks like they are cultivating alien eggs in a plain office environment. and the UPP looks like it consists of like 3 persons. The same people in charge is also the ones doing the alien cloning?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Im liking how the pace is. Makes so much sense and nothings too rush, but i do agree with a few of the niggles people have

Kane's other son

Quote from: bobby brown on Jan 17, 2019, 10:38:31 AM
Also, the hole laboratory set up is bit lacking, shouldn't it be more high tech and futuristic? it looks like they are cultivating alien eggs in a plain office environment. and the UPP looks like it consists of like 3 persons. The same people in charge is also the ones doing the alien cloning?

It's pretty obvious that there was no concept or design work done for this adaptation. It's a one-man show and a pretty low budget affair.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Is it wrong that I'm holding off on reading issue 3 until issue 4 comes out?

razeak

razeak

I'm enjoying it so far. The art is solid overall, but it does appear a bit rushed. It's easy to imagine the artist going "Crap. I need a gun in this scene." Googles gun, uses Uzi as reference.

Now, if it was some sort of colonist, or farmer, it wouldn't bug me at all. Firearms are used for many years in the real world. One of my complaints in the original Aliens adaptation was the lack of pulse rifles and recognizable gear from Aliens. Of course it was because I liked Aliens, but my mind seepms to recall an interview or explanation or something from someone attached that it had been 10 years and of course everything had advanced so we had new weapons. Military gear can stay relevant for many decades. It didn't help the weapons looked pretty generic in that series. I really dug the vehicles overall though.

Its just the UPP appears to be a big rival. I would think they would have been using something designed within a few decades of when the story happens at least.

I skimmed through Prometheus: Life and Death last night and I thought it looked a bit rushed too. There are some noticeable low detail panels where the perspective is only 6-7 feet. Nothing terrible, but noticeable.

The Old One

The Old One

Don't-rush-artists.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Hicks was using a 150 year old shotgun  :)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

And Gorman used some old H&K pistol if i remember correctly.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 17, 2019, 04:57:38 PM

VP70 isn't it? Same pistol Leon uses in Resident Evil 2.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 17, 2019, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 17, 2019, 04:57:38 PM

VP70 isn't it? Same pistol Leon uses in Resident Evil 2.

Yep, that's the one.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_VP70

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed