Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated] (Read 34,152 times)

xeno-kaname

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 07, 2013, 07:25:34 PM
No high res texture patch? LOL. Thanks.

Yeah, no. They need to fix everything else before textures, which in my opinion is the least of the problems. I care about gameplay not looks., although it can be annoying when they take their time loading. Glad for the score board fix, but they need to fix up that Lurker pounce glitch.

Aceburster

I could go for an Alien wearing a torn up Nostromo space suit, one with kill marks scratched into its dome, a "Jeri" model with all sorts of wires hanging out, one wearing a boater hat, one wearing a teeshirt with a human baby bursting through, one with the smart ass nose art sprayed onto its dome, a zombie version with the hole in the back of its head from Hicks shotgun... all sorts of goofy stuff but a dog collar?

Its not even clever.

szkoki

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:52 PM
I see no Alien AI improvements.

because its perfect as it gets

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:28:22 PM
These cosplayers helped them at conventions and promo events. I guess it's a way to say thanks. There's a bunch of this stuff in the game (marine heads modelled after fans, UKCM logo, etc...).

...this is the furriest shit i've ever seen.

RagingDragon

My buddy Shmiggins calls them Hot Topic Aliens. :laugh:

Lie

A Dog Collar for the alien... Their just trolling us at this point.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Mar 07, 2013, 09:22:00 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 07, 2013, 07:25:34 PM
No high res texture patch? LOL. Thanks.

Yeah, no. They need to fix everything else before textures, which in my opinion is the least of the problems. I care about gameplay not looks., although it can be annoying when they take their time loading. Glad for the score board fix, but they need to fix up that Lurker pounce glitch.

I agree but I was hoping that would be included. This thing needs at least another round or 2 of support. I think if Gearbox wants to save face, they have to.

Any new, juicy rumors on the SEGA vs. Gearbox front?

Aceburster

I dunno about Sega vs Gearbox but 25 Timegate employees got layed off a couple days ago so the wheel of fate has started turning.

Ya know that makes me wonder if Timegate did the patch and now Gearbox has to finish it which is why its not rolling out on all platforms at once lol :p

ScardyFox

...annoying.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 07, 2013, 10:48:06 PM
I dunno about Sega vs Gearbox but 25 Timegate employees got layed off a couple days ago so the wheel of fate has started turning.

Ya know that makes me wonder if Timegate did the patch and now Gearbox has to finish it which is why its not rolling out on all platforms at once lol :p

Yeah, I read about that. It's a shame. Some people deserve to lose jobs and some don't. They are a small studio that was in over their head (aka worked on ACM on the cheap). Good outsourcing, Gearbox. You lousy f**ks.

ScardyFox

I feel bad for TimeGate to be honest in this regard. They're a small studio of course they're going to take the contract and try and make some money. What studio wouldn't if they felt they could do it? Shitty time to lose your job, in particular when really it should be GB personal getting the ax. This was their ship to captain.

Slaine

It's nice of them to let customers become game testers and charge us full price for a BETA test version of the game.

Screw Gearbox.

Aceburster

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 07, 2013, 10:56:30 PM
Yeah, I read about that. It's a shame. Some people deserve to lose jobs and some don't. They are a small studio that was in over their head (aka worked on ACM on the cheap). Good outsourcing, Gearbox. You lousy f**ks.

Itll catch up to Sega and GBX in time but yea the low man on the totem pole gets it first. This patch is technically the second one right? Nobody seems to recall ever getting that day 1 patch from what ive read, I sure dont remember it but whatever its patch 2...

This is 40k right out the door to fix stuff nobody complained about, if theres a MP exploit yea sure kill it, fix scoreboard lag cool, reid and bella derpin out, cool. But isnt this crazy cost of patching the excuse always given for why they DONT do it at all? It seems like they are just fine splitting the patches up and getting hit with charges.

I mean its their money and if they wanna waste it then fine by me but I dont think thats the goal here. Just like the "friends of gearbox" SHiFT code thing its market research.

Xbox had the biggest sales numbers right? They put out a crappy little patch, everyone signs into Live because a patch is a heck of a lot more enticing than a stupid SHiFT code and they see how big their audience actually is. Been a month and the GBX execs need to start making descisions. Hopefully ones that lead to the unemployment office.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Slaine on Mar 07, 2013, 11:12:00 PM
It's nice of them to let customers become game testers and charge us full price for a BETA test version of the game.
Welcome to modern videogame development, unfortunately. :)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Mar 07, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:16 PM
Great, a loosely fitting dog collar.
For the Alien right? The file has been on the disc since release date.

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg

Why would....

seriosuly

What were they one when someone decided this would be a good idea??(hopes this is a joke)

These cosplayers helped them at conventions and promo events. I guess it's a way to say thanks. There's a bunch of this stuff in the game (marine heads modelled after fans, UKCM logo, etc...).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed