Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 279,730 times)

RakaiThwei

I'd like to think that the Predators evolved on their own. I sincerely hope they don't try to suggest the idea of Engineers creating the Predators as well. I just don't like the idea of that.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2014, 12:52:38 AM
I'd like to think that the Predators evolved on their own. I sincerely hope they don't try to suggest the idea of Engineers creating the Predators as well. I just don't like the idea of that.

I agree. I highly doubt they'll go in the direction of having the Predators be Engineer creations. More than likely we'll get some back-story indicating that they either had a war thousands of years ago, or that the Predators stole technology or xenos from the Engineers. Despite that, I do like to point out that a few lines from Predator: Homeworld from back in 1999 speculates that alien intelligence might have moved the proto-yautja off of Earth to a planet where they could evolve to their full potential. I just love how that one line of speculation from such an old comic has taken on new meaning since Prometheus came out.  :)

And yup, I have stopped by your blog a few times and liked posts!

RakaiThwei

Curiosity caved in.. and I asked him on whether or not the Engineers had a hand in creating the Predators.

QuoteTheLastRaigeki asked: I know that you have to keep a tight lip regarding the new Alien-Predator comics but this is one question which has been nagging in the back of my mind so here is one I hope you can answer. We know that the Engineers may have had some sort of involve with the Xenomorphs and even created Human Beings, but did they create the Predators as well or are the Predators a naturally evolved species which didn't need evolutionary intervention from the Engineers?

Sebela:
Well, I'm not the voice of authority in these matters, I can't even say for certain whether Engineers had anything to do with humans or Xenomorphs, so take that huge grain of salt with this. But no, I don't think the Engineers had anything to do with the Predators' genesis.

If they did, then they really suck as parents since between us, the xenos and the predators, their kids just rage out and fight all the damn time.

Source: http://thoughtpeach.tumblr.com/post/77124782624/i-know-that-you-have-to-keep-a-tight-lip-regarding-the

MrSpaceJockey

:D  Hey, they might not even address the issue in the story.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 19, 2014, 01:43:55 AM
:D  Hey, they might not even address the issue in the story.

Given the fact that he's admitted that he doesn't know, and isn't an authority.. I highly doubt we'll see that. And that is a question which I would like to remain unanswered.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2014, 12:52:38 AM
Seconding this.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I don't think Ridley'd like it either lol .

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 19, 2014, 02:28:08 AM
Seconding this.

Oh my God, did we just agree on this?!

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 19, 2014, 03:01:15 AM
I don't think Ridley'd like it either lol .

Ridley could give less a shit about the Predator species, let alone the franchise.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That's my point, he wanted Prometheus to move away from 'em. If it turned out that the Predators "came from them" the irony would be too much.

Xenomrph

Ultramorph

Well, that's one potential blunder for the series avoided! My faith is restored.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 19, 2014, 04:34:33 AM
Well, that's one potential blunder for the series avoided! My faith is restored.

It puts my mind at ease, I'll say that. And I hope it stays that way..

happypred

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 16, 2014, 07:50:07 PM
It had more truth than your post to which he replied.

LOL no

His statement boils down to "You're misrepresenting"

Without an explanation of how I'm misrepresenting, it has no substance. It's merely a claim with nothing to back it up   

Quote from: SM on Feb 16, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
Best not feed the idiot, it would seem.

Whatever the coward says

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Being that the truth lies in the fact you are misrepresenting, without a doubt.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

News from Tumblr. The Tumblr of Paul Pope (http://destroycomics.tumblr.com/) says that he's doing a cover for the new Prometheus comic. A Twitter post (https://twitter.com/ThomasRagon/status/428179084405792769/photo/1) from someone (an inker?) names Thomas Ragon has the same thing. Clicking on the first link on this French gallery site (http://galerie9art.com) takes you to the exhibit, where the image is clearly titled "Cover for Prometheus, Dark Horse" in French.

This is the cover:

I rather like it. I wonder if that's a Deacon mural or a live Deacon recessed into the wall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed