Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 279,425 times)

Ultramorph

We can only hope.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 15, 2014, 08:58:17 PM
Their launch titles of Aliens was all pretty good and Prometheus gives them more world(s) to explore.  I think they'll be fine because there is more than the limited sandbox they had to play in during the initial series.

All hail Ridley.

RakaiThwei

The1PerfectOrganism

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 15, 2014, 08:56:50 PM
I just hope the next news we get isn't that the creative team has changed, or that the studio has told them to go in a different direction. 16 issues is a long time for things to go wrong. Dark Horse has such a bad track record with these long series. I'm very much looking foreward to them, and I do have a lot of hope based on what we've seen so far, but there's the chance we get the next DotS or Colonial Marines, too. I'm just increasingly worried that the promising thins we've heard are just Dark Horse blowing rainbows up our butts like they did back in '09-'10 before TWW. At least the first Titan book was good.
To be fair, those long series happened a loooong time ago. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, Dark Horse is no stranger to quality episodic fiction.

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 16, 2014, 01:54:26 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 16, 2014, 01:30:02 AM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 09:10:33 PM
All hail Ridley.

He is not my God.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/325/1/b/prometheus_engineer_smiling_gif_by_milky0candy-d5lonet.gif
This is scarier than anything that was actually in Prometheus. I'm not even being facetious here.

Jesus christ.

Ultramorph

QuoteTo be fair, those long series happened a loooong time ago. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, Dark Horse is no stranger to quality episodic fiction.

That is very true, and a good point. On the other hand, their current epic, 12 issue Terminator series has been pretty poor so far. I'm optimistic, but I can't help but have some level of dread.

happypred

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 07:20:05 PM
Quote from: happypred on Feb 15, 2014, 03:43:58 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 14, 2014, 09:36:56 PMHow to misrepresent the Alien and humans in a couple of easy sentences...

LOL no

LOL yes

See I can be redundant without making a point as well.
His meaningless post deserved a meaningless reply, don't take it personal  :D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It had more truth than your post to which he replied.

SM

SM

Best not feed the idiot, it would seem.

Ultramorph

I just asked Christopher Sebela on Tumblr if he could spoil anything about AvP and his response was this:

"Well, there's gonna be Predators. And there's gonna be Aliens. And at some point they will versus the bejesus out of each other. "

They really want to keep this under wraps.

RakaiThwei

The trick is asking questions which they can answer. Obviously they won't be giving any key points away.. When I asked if there were going to be Super Predators in this comic storyline, he had said no there weren't going to be any Super Predators but he had followed it up with a humorous retort! You're asking the unanswerable questions.

Ultramorph

Good point. You can try, I'm sure he's still procrastinating by answering them, haha.

RakaiThwei

So you're CollegeHistoryBuff, eh? Noticed you came around my blog a few times.

I've considered asking Sebela on somethings, but with these questions.. they're hit and miss. I have considered on asking if the Engineers also created the Predators (which if they did... I won't be pleased about that). I think that's an answer I don't want to know at the time being.. But at the same time I also want to know. Hmmm..

SM

SM

They've signed NDAs.  They aren't going to give away shit.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2014, 12:29:23 AM
So you're CollegeHistoryBuff, eh? Noticed you came around my blog a few times.

I've considered asking Sebela on somethings, but with these questions.. they're hit and miss. I have considered on asking if the Engineers also created the Predators (which if they did... I won't be pleased about that). I think that's an answer I don't want to know at the time being.. But at the same time I also want to know. Hmmm..

If they did it would explain why Predators look so human and yet at the same time look like failed abortions.
It's clear the Engineers aren't big on anything that isn't either an animal or a weapon.
So either they created the Predators and saw them as another failure and likely a ship on LV223 was meant to make a stop at Pred-Planet or The Predators evolved on their own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed