Aliens: Colonial Marines Alien Tension Trailer

Started by ikarop, Aug 13, 2012, 07:10:29 AM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Alien Tension Trailer (Read 21,742 times)

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 13, 2012, 07:54:29 AM
God, Gearbox stop with the look-serious-in-front-of-Terminator-vision thing! You guys look like media students when you do that!

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing,it's absolutely unnecessary.

Quote from: Stratocaster on Aug 13, 2012, 01:20:20 PM
I am a 46 year old fanboy of the alien universe and I will probably buy this game but I think Gearbox games in general are horrible quality and I am sad they are the ones developing this game. The textures, animations and sounds in the videos look like crap IMO. But the worst part is that car salesman Randy Pitchford.

I agree.

roguepl

excitement of Randy Pitchford is starting to be really annoying.. it's like being excited about your kid under the respirator.

and WTF is with GREEN alien blood?

alanwu1233

Gotta say, this game is getting worse everytime when Gearbox releases a new trailer.

WinterActual

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Aug 13, 2012, 03:48:49 PM
Gotta say, this game is getting worse everytime when Gearbox releases a new trailer.
It's good to see that more and more people see what I am seeing since the first released trailer  ::)

The Runner

Oh same old shit......le yawn.

NEON

Am I the only person that has noticed that the acid blood looks like play dough, and in the scenes in which you see it in, it doesn't even directly hurt that player? I've been following the news on this game for a while and Randy Pitchford seems to be bigging up this game, when clearly the only thing that they have going for them is the lust that Alien fans want a game that continues from Aliens. Also I noticed that they first announced this game quite a few years ago, and it seems the graphics have stayed that way too, even pacman has more "realistic" graphics than this :P

aliens13

4:05 Flamethrower!!!!

Razz

You know these dev videos are really doing nothing for me, for starters we are barely seeing anything new apart from some off screen action, concept art and the developers telling us the same tired old shite that this is going to be the ultimate super duper authentic alien experience.

Here is a better idea...how about showing us the game rather than Theodora hats and old 2011/early 2012 pre-alpha footage and maybe than I'll believe you Gearbox.

acrediblesource

They should have just released all the videos at once. Really!!!! At least this one was 1080p.

Quote from: Razz on Aug 13, 2012, 06:19:37 PM
You know these dev videos are really doing nothing for me, for starters we are barely seeing anything new apart from some off screen action, concept art and the developers telling us the same tired old shite that this is going to be the ultimate super duper authentic alien experience.

Here is a better idea...how about showing us the game rather than Theodora hats and old 2011/early 2012 pre-alpha footage and maybe than I'll believe you Gearbox.

alanwu1233

Will they give a shit?

Razz

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Aug 13, 2012, 06:31:09 PM

Will they give a shit?
If they want people to think this won't be another AVP2010 then they should but no I don't think they will care, the more I see this game the less enthusiastic I feel about it. :-\

newbeing

I think the problem is, they filmed this stuff way to early. Seems like 7 months ago they were still figuring out the gameplay mechanics, which in terms of details are still rather vague.

szkoki

too much hype...too much hype....Prometheus was killed off because of this aswell even though it wasnt bad

Jegeren

These trailers are not very satisfying at all. For being "true" to the Aliens franchise, the red dots on the motion tracker and the pulse rifle sure is different with its iron sights and reduced ammo clip. With that said, there is still plenty of time to polish the game and make it better so we will see where it takes us.

bov930527

Apart from the obvious... "flaws" (red dots, PR sound, an annoying dev/production team)  this trailer actually made aliens look worse than in previous trailers. In this one they literally feel like robots stopping before every turn and every change of direction, as if crawling two meters and then having to think "hmm... where should I go now...". Makes them feel very predictable and not at all as dynamic and shrewd as they probably should be. Just my 0.02$

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed