Bullets.

Started by Xhan, Apr 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM

Author
Bullets. (Read 68,519 times)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 04, 2009, 05:12:18 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Oct 04, 2009, 04:41:35 AM
Staggering is an animation keyframe glitch that triples PR damage, and allows you to fire the railgun again during recoil phase to the exact same spot you previously fired.

I know what staggering is. :P Buts AvP2 is not the only game you can do it on.
But in AvP2 makes players to think they are "e1it3"

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Exploits should be brought down to a minimum.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 04, 2009, 06:12:04 PM
Exploits should be brought down to a minimum.

Oh yeah. Hopefully this game will not have AS many as most AvP games have.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Avoiding the exploits of AvP and AvP2 shouldn't be an issue.

It's all in using well-designed mechanics to represent the cause and effect you're aiming for. AvP2, for all its qualities, had some very poorly designed mechanics that it only made up for through concept and content.

Evil_Crawling_eye

Evil_Crawling_eye

Xhan

QuoteCQC

Close quarters combat?

QuoteThe Predator will have the ability to capture and reproduce sound, sounds used are automatically assigned by context.

Is this more a single player scripted thing? Or does this ability stretch to multiplayer to confuse Marines, maybe even Aliens.

QuoteFocus is a contextual skill that allows heightened attacks, increased stealth, and on-the-fly target assessment.

Not sure i understand, what does that mean exactly?

Sorry if these things have been answered but ive come late to catch this thread, and too many people are posting semi-irrelevant comments.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Evil_Crawling_eye on Oct 14, 2009, 03:24:37 PM
Xhan

QuoteCQC

Close quarters combat?

QuoteThe Predator will have the ability to capture and reproduce sound, sounds used are automatically assigned by context.

Is this more a single player scripted thing? Or does this ability stretch to multiplayer to confuse Marines, maybe even Aliens.

QuoteFocus is a contextual skill that allows heightened attacks, increased stealth, and on-the-fly target assessment.

Sorry if these things have been answered but ive come late to catch this thread, and too many people are posting semi-irrelevant comments.

There is a "focus" vision mode for the preds. It highlights things in the environment and allows for better/more accurate jumping among other things. (watch one of the pred demo vids in the video thread to see it in action)

In SP, Capturing the sound I believe is scripted, however, you can use that captured sound blurb at will. It would likely be nothing more than a taunt in MP.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Like Kvon said expect it to be something very simple in Multiplayer. And there is no way that sounds will have an effect on Xenos UNLESS Rebellion decides to go a bit more Pro Predator.

Evil_Crawling_eye

Evil_Crawling_eye

Cool, thanks Kvon

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 15, 2009, 11:09:31 PM
Like Kvon said expect it to be something very simple in Multiplayer. And there is no way that sounds will have an effect on Xenos UNLESS Rebellion decides to go a bit more Pro Predator.

Tell you the truth, i did expect it to be simple in multiplayer, and the sounds affecting xenos was more multiplayer orientated too, but not the coolest idea at the same time.

To be honest as i said, i expect everything to be simple in this next game, it seems its just going to be a graphics update of the previouse 2 AvP's with little or no new inovations that arent a gimmick or that the universe constantly and abundantly offers.

Colonial Marines has come the closest to any of that IMO.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

So you are looking forward to A:CM more? Same here. Good to know. ;D  But this time around I think AvP3 will be a bit better all around just because of the new technology even it means mostly better graphics and physics.

Evil_Crawling_eye

Evil_Crawling_eye

Hey if thats your thing, i hope you enjoy.

Xhan

Xhan

Xhan

QuoteCQC

Close quarters combat?

Hey ECE, long time no see.

1. Yes.

2. Unknown as of yet, though it would certainly be useful in MP even if only utilized as a taunt.

3. Focus is like a real time version of Samus' visor from Metroid. You get a threat level assessment of the weapon the target is carrying, an option whether the target can be attacked via ariel pin (which might lead to auto trophy kill if successful), and the usual target highlighting, and all that's in addition to the Focus Jump ability for traversing terrain.

Brother

Brother

HE BE BACK!

Evil_Crawling_eye

Evil_Crawling_eye

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 18, 2009, 07:47:29 PM
Xhan

QuoteCQC

Close quarters combat?

Hey ECE, long time no see.

1. Yes.

2. Unknown as of yet, though it would certainly be useful in MP even if only utilized as a taunt.

3. Focus is like a real time version of Samus' visor from Metroid. You get a threat level assessment of the weapon the target is carrying, an option whether the target can be attacked via ariel pin (which might lead to auto trophy kill if successful), and the usual target highlighting, and all that's in addition to the Focus Jump ability for traversing terrain.

Hey! Not prowl GG anymore?

so CQC, is that going to be an option for the pulse rifle or something? I dont get it.

ah cool, i get you now on the focus, thats sweet.

Xhan

Xhan

Nah, since McCabbe dialed down his posts and his epic stubble and Tarefson went awol, I've had little reason to post anything of merit. Most of us Usual Gang of Idiots are all over here now anyway.

Well, we know from the Pred walkthrough that Marine can deflect the Pred's pin attempt with his rifle, it's pretty likely that'll extend to the Alien as well, in addition to the Marine kicking the Alien off in the Marine glamor clip. Whether the Marine can initiate a back attack or smackdown is still unknown.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 18, 2009, 10:53:06 PM
Nah, since McCabbe dialed down his posts

Eh?

Quoteand his epic stubble

Huh?

Quoteand Tarefson went awol

Whaaa?

???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed