Bullets.

Started by Xhan, Apr 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM

Author
Bullets. (Read 68,654 times)

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 10, 2009, 05:49:12 AM
Seeing as they were contractually obligated to pick it up there's not much to be said really.

Well the project was given to them when Rebellion acquired Core Design. Core already had half of the game done. Also I really doubt Shellshock 2 was worked on by a big fraction of the team. Rebellion owns 3 studios..at most Shellshock 2 was developed in 1 of them with a handful of people. Either way..they are embarressed by it. Im liking the game so far. I just played this one level inside a wrecked mansion in the midldle of the jungle. The lighting effects were nice. Once the infected came into the picture..it was nerveracking.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=9868

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 10, 2009, 02:12:37 AM
Sarcasm not your strong suit, is it.

Rebellion always said that engine and technology limitation prevented them perfectly replicating the completely authentic  filmic experience. Turns out it was just because they like money and will gladly water down/warp ANYTHING in order to generate sales... kinda like FOX. Perfect match.

Perhaps sarcasm its not my strongest point, but definely you have no clue about the meaning of objectivity. Your hate about Rebellion its hilarious, and your arguments ridiculous.

"The wicked and covetous Rebellion trying to rape the alien franchise...but dont worry, Xhan , the true harcore fan, its out there"

Xhan

Xhan

The only hater here is you, as you're the only guy sticking to the same opinions AFTER contradicting proof is posted. My opinions are fixed after getting as much of the picture as possible and and if a differing opinion is dissected they aren't so polarized they extend to the person holding them, unlike you.

I don't hate Rebellion in any sense. AvPG was a fine game (and not without flaws), and Sniper Elite was a great game. The rest of their fare has been hit or miss and in many cases, outright awful. I sincerely doubt Rebellion sits around planning how to make bad games, but the fact it they have made bad AND good, and nothing is certain until this product is in the hands of players.

dude63

dude63

Exactly. Rebellion has made some quality stuff. They also have made some mediocore stuff. This comes with any development studio however that has been along for a long time. There will always be people that enjoy a game and others will not so much enjoy it. I for one am enjoying Shellshock 2...others hated it. Their coming products aren't done. They have the new Star wars PSP game coming out in fall. They made Rogue Squadron which was pretty much liked by the star wars community. Rogue Warrior is coming out in October. Its looking good. I started reading the book..its nice to see they are keeping true to the 80's setting and with Richard Marcinko as a character. Then AVP(3). This is all we know of. Of course their has to be more in development.

Kingsley has shown interest in developing another Rogue Trooper and Sniper Elite game..and others based on their owned IPS. They also own 3 studios with 280 employees so something else is going on. We won't know until anything is announced. But I sure as heck can't wait for another Rogue Trooper or Sniper Elite. Kingsley has also stated they like to have 5 projects in development at one time. So...we know of 3..whats the other 2..who knows. If you go to their site they have tech demos up. One looks to be with Sniper Elites universe..the others im not to sure. They own 2000 AD magazine book thing..so theres definetly more IPS to expand upon if they see fit.

Either way they will always have products in development. AVP isn't finished so we can't judge..like I said until its out its pure speculation. Oh BTW Im almost finished watching Aliens. Great movie. I can definetly see the stuff they included from this movie in the AVP walkthrough. Which is nice.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 10, 2009, 06:59:25 PM
The only hater here is you, as you're the only guy sticking to the same opinions AFTER contradicting proof is posted. My opinions are fixed after getting as much of the picture as possible and and if a differing opinion is dissected they aren't so polarized they extend to the person holding them, unlike you.

I don't hate Rebellion in any sense. AvPG was a fine game (and not without flaws), and Sniper Elite was a great game. The rest of their fare has been hit or miss and in many cases, outright awful. I sincerely doubt Rebellion sits around planning how to make bad games, but the fact it they have made bad AND good, and nothing is certain until this product is in the hands of players.

Nice to know, coz thats your only possitive post this week.

Im not in love with AVP3, i really dislike some things, like preds using mines, the counter animations, the lack of different marine types, the the plasma caster making marines explote...but the game have strong points, and rebellion know how to make a good avp game.

kvon17

kvon17

There are smartgunners and pulse riflers and shotgunners. Isn't that different marine types?

dude63

dude63

Maybe he means different people. Like biscep man, attractive woman, typical black man, scared white dude, wimpy winy b@#$%, dude with s stick up his a$$,  ETC. I was kidding by the way. I would count different people with different weapon a variety. Plus they have different skin tones, hair(if any) and different gender. So..I don't know what they want?

Xhan

Xhan

Technically no, that's two.

IF and IF Rebellion is following Brimmicombe-Wood's suggested make up, the Shotgun Troopers and PR Troopers are both Rifleman. The Smartgunner is Squad Suppport. Now as far as the Alien and Pred are concerned yes, that's three different opponents because the weapons do three different things.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Well, in the most recent video I've seen, the guide refers to what we have seen of the demonstration as being "pre-alpha" and that the Aliens shall supposedly have massive upgrades to the AI. These are good things, if so. It means that neither visuals or behaviour are yet at a definite stage (aso, that certain props were just place-holders).

However, they also claimed it was being run in God-mode, yet needed to restore health after a combat encounter... That makes me uncertain if they were properly informed.

Aeus

Aeus

Don't forget that the guy also said he died 4 times already at that Alien encounter. Not much of a God Mode if you ask me... :D

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 10, 2009, 11:58:31 PM
Well, in the most recent video I've seen, the guide refers to what we have seen of the demonstration as being "pre-alpha" and that the Aliens shall supposedly have massive upgrades to the AI. These are good things, if so. It means that neither visuals or behaviour are yet at a definite stage (aso, that certain props were just place-holders).

However, they also claimed it was being run in God-mode, yet needed to restore health after a combat encounter... That makes me uncertain if they were properly informed.

I think they did those healing animations just to show it, not because it was needed.

Xhan

Xhan

Visuals are probably pretty close to done if they intend to make launch next year.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 11, 2009, 02:45:56 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 10, 2009, 11:58:31 PM

I think they did those healing animations just to show it, not because it was needed.

In one of the vids the guy mentions that he had died doing an alien trophy kill 4 times that day.

Xhan

Xhan

Human = CombiStick.

Alien = Dart gun.

dude63

dude63

Well if its not done by the expected date...you can always delay. I mean thats what gaes have been doing for years. I mean Duke Nukem forever @#$%ed me over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed