Bullets.

Started by Xhan, Apr 29, 2009, 01:59:42 AM

Author
Bullets. (Read 68,626 times)

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 08, 2009, 07:54:42 PM
Quote from: dude63 on Jun 07, 2009, 05:50:00 AM
Thats what I was wondering. Cause I imagine the Alien would struggle and eventually stab the predator...badly..

Well, we already have a Predator trophy-killing them by holding one up by the neck with one hand. It struggles for quite a while, but apparently just flails. No use of hands, feet or tail to retaliate. It 'looks' cool, because you see it only through the mask, but if you saw it from third-person perspective, it would basically be the same as that 'Requiem' sewer scene.

Realism and plausability is not this product's strong suit, to say the very least. :)

aliens arent used to getting man-handled so they flail in disgust. lol im jp

Mustafuk

Mustafuk

QuoteRealism and plausability is not this product's strong suit, to say the very least. Smiley
I still think a predator can rip off the spine of a human so easily, or to cut one of these LOL avp aliens in half (never predaliens or praetorians of course).

This has nothing to do with avpr imo, despite of the fact this game is CLEARLY straused...,It,s just that the predator can do It without any kind of problems, so I don,t get what you mean with plausability, realism, or whatever you mean.

Another story would be if you were referring to the old aliens..., then I,d accept your statement, because those were true aliens, but saying that in regards to these aliens and specially to the humans?, can,t agree there then.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Mustafuk on Jun 09, 2009, 02:49:08 PM
It,s just that the predator can do It without any kind of problems, so I don,t get what you mean with plausability, realism, or whatever you mean.

Aliens being in no way formidable or fast, running away from Predators, Predator HUD not authentic, severe AI problems, pulse rifle rounds not having the effect they should, Predators flinging grenades around, seeing in human vision, etcetera... The list goes on!

It's a game with casual gamers in mind first, hardcore fans second (or even not at all). Xhan had it right when he said that if it was aimed at the latter, then the former would follow, regardless.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Will the Pred have the DISC ? Or the Speargun ?

Heretic

Heretic

more than likely the disc. It's a more recognizeable weapon next to the speargun 

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 09, 2009, 09:28:47 PM
Will the Pred have the DISC ? Or the Speargun ?

Disc will likely be in game (CD:A preview)
Speargun will likely be DLC.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 09, 2009, 07:45:04 PM
Quote from: Mustafuk on Jun 09, 2009, 02:49:08 PM
It,s just that the predator can do It without any kind of problems, so I don,t get what you mean with plausability, realism, or whatever you mean.

Aliens being in no way formidable or fast, running away from Predators, Predator HUD not authentic, severe AI problems, pulse rifle rounds not having the effect they should, Predators flinging grenades around, seeing in human vision, etcetera... The list goes on!

It's a game with casual gamers in mind first, hardcore fans second (or even not at all). Xhan had it right when he said that if it was aimed at the latter, then the former would follow, regardless.

And entirely pred campaing in thermal or alien vision mode will be crap. No matter how hardcore you can be.

Severe AI problems? how many games have you played lately? Coz if you are waiting for avp3 to be the game with the better AI ever, its time for you to be more realistic. The 90% of the FPS have a very basic AI, and the rest has just a good one. No thing showed in this "pre-alpha" looked like crap in terms of AI, just exactly like others FSP out there (and they have said it will be imporved a bit more).

You have a point with the mine thing, its just a no-sense weapon for a pred, thats for sure.

And for the "casual game" for "casual people". Can you tell me the name of this mythological hardcore videgame based on the alien franchise, you have been playing...coz i wanna try it too.

Xhan

Xhan

it's called avpg. You might have heard of it.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 10, 2009, 01:30:17 AM
it's called avpg. You might have heard of it.

You cant be serious...

Xhan

Xhan

Sarcasm not your strong suit, is it.

Rebellion always said that engine and technology limitation prevented them perfectly replicating the completely authentic  filmic experience. Turns out it was just because they like money and will gladly water down/warp ANYTHING in order to generate sales... kinda like FOX. Perfect match.

dude63

dude63

Not entirely true about the greediness for money. They lost it with Shellshock 2 (just picked it up..not bad) and some other games. Also they have put out some quality products like I said Rogue Trooper was highly underrated. And Sniper Elite was awesome..yet barely anyone played. Also AVP. Sure the rest is movie based game of some sort..but..yea FOX does that all the time. Also have you see the new mickey rourke video where he talks of the character and whatnot. I also just started reading Richard Marcinko's book. They are implementing a lot of stuff from it in the game. While it may look like your typical FPS. Lots of previews are saying its fun. However, might be overshadowd by the other stuff coming out this fall. Anyways, don't wanna argue..just throwing in my 2 cents.

Xhan

Xhan

It's not an argument anyway. Rebellion has never tried to hide their reputation, and indeed they've picked up a lot of work because of it. At the end of the day the fans don't matter and the bottom line is it's a business.

dude63

dude63

Well they do care. They were embarressed about Shellshock 2. Also jsut because they have done some movie titles..psp titles..doesn't distract from their more quality work. The titles I mentioned are one of the reasons I have followed the company. I can't wait for a sequel to Sniper Elite and Rogue Trooper. Judging from the tech demos at their site..that dream may become a reality. Also I think the fans do matter when it comes to their games.

Especially with a source material like aliens and predator. Its obvious they are passionate about the project..and they want to bring the franchise back into the zone about. Time Jones said the biggest challenge has been for to adapt the creativety of the AVP game and expand on it(I believe thats how he worded it). Now that they are developing on higher end systems..they can make it bigger and maybe better. Only time will tell. Until then its all speculation. I can't wait until we see what they have done with the Marine and Aline campaign. Also for the multi. Anyone here buying it for PS3? My PC sucks..it couldn't even play Velvet Assassin. (tryed installing it earlier..still on my steam account though.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

They were embarrassed about Shellshock 2 because its bad for their reputation and hurts sales.

Xhan

Xhan

Seeing as they were contractually obligated to pick it up there's not much to be said really.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed