TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5

Started by skhellter, May 16, 2022, 01:17:21 PM

Author
TEASER TRAILER is here / Release Date is August 5 (Read 23,145 times)

VincentVegaFFF

Not much to go on but its nice to finally see some footage!

Hello

Hello i forgot my password but cant find the option to recover it?

Jacku

It's a shame this isn't a cinema release. Why is that?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Jacku on May 17, 2022, 01:19:02 AMIt's a shame this isn't a cinema release. Why is that?

The Predator underperformed last the franchise was in theaters. Risks would be taken given the pandemic and while things have been going back to normal, that's still a considerable risk despite even Disney's own success during this.

Going right to streaming is less financial risk. It also gets the film in everyone's hands the minute it comes out. So long as you have Hulu, you can watch it. So even if Covid shuts things down again, you don't have to worry about butts in the seats when said seats are in the customers own home.

Engineer

Quote from: Jacku on May 17, 2022, 01:19:02 AMIt's a shame this isn't a cinema release. Why is that?
The studio (formerly fox), has decided to go with the straight-to-streaming model because it allows them to put out more content more quickly, and take some risks with that content that they wouldn't otherwise be able to take with a mainstream theatrical release. For example, a predator movie set in the past focused around a Native American character. I applaud them for taking this approach and I'm genuinely excited for this film.

Samhain13

It's not worth anymore.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 17, 2022, 01:54:56 AM

The Predator underperformed last the franchise was in theaters. Risks would be taken given the pandemic and while things have been going back to normal, that's still a considerable risk despite even Disney's own success during this.

Going right to streaming is less financial risk. It also gets the film in everyone's hands the minute it comes out. So long as you have Hulu, you can watch it. So even if Covid shuts things down again, you don't have to worry about butts in the seats when said seats are in the customers own home.
Yet they put the recent Doctor Strange film in theaters? Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Wished they did it both ways so that if there is no future shutdown, people can go see in in theaters and have the choice of seeing it at home. Wanna experience this in a theater honestly, but hey, ordering pizza with 20 hot wings and a coke on the side is way better then expensive ass popcorn and soda at least right?  :laugh:

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 17, 2022, 03:36:03 AM

Yet they put the recent Doctor Strange film in theaters? Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Wished they did it both ways so that if there is no future shutdown, people can go see in in theaters and have the choice of seeing it at home. Wanna experience this in a theater honestly, but hey, ordering pizza with 20 hot wings and a coke on the side is way better then expensive ass popcorn and soda at least right?  :laugh:

Dr. Strange 2 was a lot less riskier. They knew that would fill seats regardless of whether it was actually good or not.

Some Old Dude

Good teaser, the sound design is on point. I love that Amber feels like a huge underdog compared to the hard ass protagonists of the other four films.

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on May 17, 2022, 03:36:03 AM

Dr Strange is going to make almost a billion dollars because it's a PG 13 Marvel movie. This is an R rated entry in a franchise that's never been considered a huge money maker in perhaps the worst cinema attendance drought in history. Seems pretty clear.

[cancerblack]

Projectors are looking like a good investment for the future of both the Alien and Predator franchises, and are dirt cheap these days.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2022, 11:08:37 PMI for one welcome the exodus of people who describe things as "woke crap" from the fandom.

They don't leave. They cling.  :(

I'm still upset that I wont get to see this in the cinema without organising something myself, but I'm still glad we're getting new content. It's not like the majority of my watching of the Alien and Predator films isn't on my TV at home anyway...  I just hope it actually ends up good, and I'll not prejudge it wholly based on 45 seconds of footage and what we know of the film. I'm excited about the setting. I've been wanting something in the past for ages and I hope it lives up to the franchise!

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2022, 07:12:48 AMThey don't leave. They cling.  :(
But they keep promising to  :-\

I'm actually glad it's straight to streaming but that's 100% because I'll have a 6 month old by then and my ability to actually get to a theatre will be about 0.

GreybackElder

Decent teaser. Nothing too special overall but definitely excited to see some media presence on Prey. I wouldn't say it looks "cheap" per se but it does appear like streaming service movie. which is totally fine with me. Fox spent 80 million on the predator and it didn't work out so it only makes sense prey would be a smaller budget. To echo what User SIL said  I too will have a young infant by release date so I'm happy it's going to Hulu. I'm sure it might take a few takes to get through it but I'll enjoy it regardless! I also am looking forward to the discussions and trailer breakdown that AVP galaxy will cover.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Dachande's brother on May 16, 2022, 02:36:19 PM"The filmmakers were committed to creating a film that provides an accurate portrayal of the Comanche and brings a level of authenticity that rings true to its Indigenous peoples."

I sure hope the filmmakers are also committed to provide an accurate portrayal of the Yautja.

May 22, 2022, 07:22:18 AM

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 16, 2022, 08:51:13 PMIt's a good teaser. I kind of want to see someone edit it with a hundred laser beams a la the Predators trailer.  :laugh:

May 22, 2022, 07:21:54 AM

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 16, 2022, 09:30:36 PMIt feels like a budget difference between it and the last film.

How does one tell? I mean, there may well be a gaping budget differential, but we got a teaser of basically trees, grass, primitive weapons and garb. The depth of focus and framing looks good to me cinematography wise. Is it the lack of color saturation that's making you see a budget difference?

May 22, 2022, 07:21:48 AM

Quote from: Wysps on May 16, 2022, 11:28:21 PMBeautiful...but looks like tick central!  :o

I just genuinely love that this was your reaction to that photo. ;D

May 22, 2022, 07:21:42 AM

I would say Covid had nothing to do with this one though. They were casting early 2020 for Skulls originally, then the shutdown happened, Canada had major restrictions due to the pandemic and casting got rolling again a year later.

We saw this coming prior when Disney acquired Fox. Upon the acquisition, the news was out that Disney Execs went through Fox's theatrical slate, slashed projects, and with the films they kept, sent half of them over to streaming. And many of us surmised it included Alien and Predator, because they are the lesser of franchises, where franchises are concerned

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed