First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 12, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Author
First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey (Read 20,093 times)

YOUNGBLOOD90

YOUNGBLOOD90

I have a sneaky suspicion that this film will be a surprising success. Really digging the logo. Unlike The predator and Predators which i always had cold feet about, I don't with this one. I think it's because they are finally trying something fresh and new. I'm all for it. The franchise is in desperate need of a new injection of life. The revenant comparisons also have me excited as it's one of my favourite survival films and was beautifully shot. Im also glad that 20th century have finally got a grip on leaks. As it's those that hurt the last film, the script leaked, people on this site went to war, the studio interfered and what we got was even worse than what was in the script.

We need to stop that AvPgalaxy, it only hurts us and our baby in the end. As The predator showed. Have a bit of faith and go in blind. That's exactly what im doing this time.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 14, 2021, 12:49:01 AM
What does everyone think of the possibility of retconning the backstory of the flint lock established in the comic 1718? Personally I wanted more out of that comic and if it retcons the history I'll be okay with that.

Can only speak for myself but to my mind the comics have never been anything beyond a fun extra, they have no bearing on the established stories or what new stories can be told.

By a similar token, I'd prefer if this movie didn't try to tie into Greyback and the pistol. No need at all other than masturbatory fan-service.

SiL

Masturbatory fan service is Hollywood's bread and butter these days.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 14, 2021, 01:31:17 AM
I like in this picture how the Predator is obscured in the mist, not standing front and centre like an idiot like most of the recent movie covers.

Oh don't worry, they're saving that for later

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2021, 05:12:12 AM
Masturbatory fan service is Hollywood's bread and butter these days.

Mmm, bread and butter

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 12, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Nov 12, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
#predator is currently trending #12 on Twitter as of 11:25 AM Central Standard Time in the U.S. It seems to have gotten a lot of people's attention.

Awesome!!!

So is that a sword on the Predator's back?

An Elder's Sword?

Does it look like Berserker Predator to anybody else ? I swear, I can almost see his trademark jaw

SiL

I think I can make out a skull looking face but the image is purposefully too vague to tell.

I'm more worried about those smooth, sloping shoulders. Where my trademark Predator repeating shell pattern at? Mostly I just don't want The Predator's generic sci Fi gear look again.

Really looking forward to seeing it out of the mist

Master

The plasma caster also look kinda smallish, very much like the one from last movie. I really hope the visual language of The Predator isn't repeated ever again.

BigDaddyJohn

You mean body language ? Or general looks ?

GreybackElder

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 14, 2021, 02:40:32 PM

Oh man, I agree. Please no written predator language on screen. Give me the clicks and body language from the end of Predator 2. Sprinkle in a tiny amount of mimicry from P1.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Nov 14, 2021, 03:38:54 AM
Im also glad that 20th century have finally got a grip on leaks. As it's those that hurt the last film, the script leaked, people on this site went to war, the studio interfered and what we got was even worse than what was in the script.

To be fair, the leaks didn't hurt the last film, the nature of the Black & Dekker original script did. But for fans of that original script, at least the Predator puppy pet, dna hybridization, and autism as the next step of evolution was still left intact.

Xiggz456

HYPE TRAIN!!! CHOO CHOO MUTHAf**kAS  :laugh:

LSL

I really liked "Skulls" name, but also enjoy the fact that they don't use "Predator" in this new title. "Prey" it's good too, and can make a new beginning for our so badly treated and beloved franchise.
It's a low-budget movie, released straight to streaming, and depending on what the script needs, it can be pretty bad at the end. There are still some points in this movie that make me apprehensive, but I'm hoping for the best, so that our favorite hunter will have more luck this time. It's been 31 years since Predator 2, the last really good movie in the franchise.

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 14, 2021, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: YOUNGBLOOD90 on Nov 14, 2021, 03:38:54 AM
Im also glad that 20th century have finally got a grip on leaks. As it's those that hurt the last film, the script leaked, people on this site went to war, the studio interfered and what we got was even worse than what was in the script.

To be fair, the leaks didn't hurt the last film, the nature of the Black & Dekker original script did. But for fans of that original script, at least the Predator puppy pet, dna hybridization, and autism as the next step of evolution was still left intact.

The words Skulls and Prey are in this moment enough for me to remain positive about this film. Stays true to what we love about Predator. None of that hybrid/DNA crap we got last time.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2021, 12:57:56 PM
The plasma caster also look kinda smallish, very much like the one from last movie.

It possibly might be a sword. (Pulled an image of the Grayback Elder sword in "Predator Hunting Grounds" just for comparison)

Also we can see some wrist blade action going on in high contrast.

Leto2

looks pretty good so far. although, am i the only one who finds the predator looks kinda bulky ??

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 14, 2021, 02:40:32 PM

I mean the whole choice of designs and aesthetics - the visual languge of the movie. From ships to armour, masks, blades etc., I was so smoth, sleek and this goddamn small autocaster in the mask. All of it was so out of order, oh my...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed