First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 12, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Author
First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey (Read 20,967 times)

RidgeTop

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 12, 2021, 10:00:37 PM
No release on physical media?

https://c.tenor.com/ZzXuqddCRnIAAAAC/neil-patrick-harris-nph.gif

Not necessarily, there's been a number of streaming movies and shows that have made their way to physical media.

XENOMORPHOSIS

So Amber MIdthunder's character has the name changed from Kee to Naru.

Ugh

Did people not see the end of Predator or get the whole theme about removing man's reliance on technology and using only wits and strategy to defeat a superior foe?
Did people NOT see the part where Billy, being a native american, was the only one that knew something was stalking them?
Although it may not be historically accurate, thematically the concept of this film is closer to the first than any movie so far: human using only knowledge and wits to outsmart a superior foe with knowledge gleaned from being a hunter and knowing and using their natural resources. In this case, we even have the "magic" native american sixth sense. Shoot, we might even get to see a predator use the trees again.
And go tell Ripley and Sarah Connor how woke this is. Two out of the trifecta of Alien/Predator/Terminator are built entirely around a female protagonist. Yes, John Connor is the savior, but he is ALWAYS motivated by the memory of his warrior mother.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ugh on Nov 13, 2021, 04:32:25 PM
Did people not see the end of Predator or get the whole theme about removing man's reliance on technology and using only wits and strategy to defeat a superior foe?
Did people NOT see the part where Billy, being a native american, was the only one that knew something was stalking them?
Although it may not be historically accurate, thematically the concept of this film is closer to the first than any movie so far: human using only knowledge and wits to outsmart a superior foe with knowledge gleaned from being a hunter and knowing and using their natural resources. In this case, we even have the "magic" native american sixth sense. Shoot, we might even get to see a predator use the trees again.
And go tell Ripley and Sarah Connor how woke this is. Two out of the trifecta of Alien/Predator/Terminator are built entirely around a female protagonist. Yes, John Connor is the savior, but he is ALWAYS motivated by the memory of his warrior mother.

Its just another anti-progressive non issue. The people who will complain about any "wokeness" in this movie would always find something to complain about.

Kane's other son

Quote from: Sum-ting indoestrees on Nov 12, 2021, 09:28:12 PM
So a Predator movie where the Predator is gonna look weak and the child protagonist with primitive weapons will triumphant. I'm sorry, I just can't be excited about this 🙄
Since Predators, they've really castrated the Predator.

Right on, bro. Why can't they just go back to the original movie, where the predator was beaten by superior firepower and the protagonist being all muscle and not by woke bullshit like primitive weapons and human ingenuity?

overthere

Who says Predator is going to be defeated in this one? I sense a sort of respectable alliance.
I have a feeling this is actually Jungle Predator we're going to see. Could give a new spin on why Anna was not a target.

There are many scenarios in which both the protagonist and the Predator could live.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Ugh on Nov 13, 2021, 04:32:25 PM

100%

Jakub Kowalski

Jakub Kowalski

GreybackElder

I would love for the elder in P2 to be in this but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Also the time line doesn't make sense.If it's 300 years ago and before "white men" then there's no way a greyback could have gotten a revolver from a First Nations tribe.
Having said that I'm okay with the elder not being in it.I'd love to see some references to the previous films but I'd also  love to see the movie stand on its own merits. Give me something exciting and new to expand the established lore. Please no BIGGER, STRONGER super/upgrade.Please don't give me too many homages and for god sake I don't want to hear get to the choppers.

Jay c garnet

Jay c garnet

This has gone too woke....rip predator movies

[cancerblack]

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 13, 2021, 11:06:08 PM
I would love for the elder in P2 to be in this but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Also the time line doesn't make sense.If it's 300 years ago and before "white men" then there's no way a greyback could have gotten a revolver from a First Nations tribe.

It's not a revolver. It matches up perfectly, tbh, even though I don't really want a backstory to a minor character.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: GreybackElder on Nov 13, 2021, 11:06:08 PM

Here's the official logline:

"Set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, the action-thriller follows Naru, the skilled warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator."

300 years ago was 1720, and the Comanche was definitely dealing with Spanish Colonists at the time.

We talked about it a bit here: :)

Huggs

Quote from: Kane's other son on Nov 13, 2021, 05:29:18 PM
Quote from: Sum-ting indoestrees on Nov 12, 2021, 09:28:12 PM
So a Predator movie where the Predator is gonna look weak and the child protagonist with primitive weapons will triumphant. I'm sorry, I just can't be excited about this 🙄
Since Predators, they've really castrated the Predator.

Right on, bro. Why can't they just go back to the original movie, where the predator was beaten by superior firepower and the protagonist being all muscle and not by woke bullshit like primitive weapons and human ingenuity?

To be fair, it could have been shot to death, but it's hard to hit a fast moving, invisible alien in the jungle, and you don't even know where or who or what's happening.

As for the other thing, it was first trapped by methods that required several large burly men to bend trees, and was finally beaten by that big-ass log (hehe) that Arnold Schwarzenegger was supposed to be straining to lift.

Dutch had the right training and experience, but without his size and strength, he never would've survived. In the end, it's what saved his life and won the fight.

Hope the predator finally gets a win this time. The oomans are 4-0 right now.

GreybackElder

It's not a revolver. It matches up perfectly, tbh, even though I don't really want a backstory to a minor character.

Right, it's a flintlock pistol.

What does everyone think of the possibility of retconning the backstory of the flint lock established in the comic 1718? Personally I wanted more out of that comic and if it retcons the history I'll be okay with that.

PsyKore

I like in this picture how the Predator is obscured in the mist, not standing front and centre like an idiot like most of the recent movie covers. I'm also hoping that it is a good sign for the movie: that we'll see a return to the wraith-like demon from the first film. Even though we know what they look like, having them hardly seen throughout the film is still important for the monster's identity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed