New Syfy series - Expanse - starring Thomas Jane

Started by viendammage, Jul 13, 2014, 05:09:19 AM

Author
New Syfy series - Expanse - starring Thomas Jane (Read 8,113 times)

Stitch

I have 5 episodes ( and mini episodes) left of the whole series. Watched it all within the last few months. It's pretty good stuff.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 15, 2022, 06:10:09 PM
I have 5 episodes ( and mini episodes) left of the whole series. Watched it all within the last few months. It's pretty good stuff.

Nice! Yeah I've especially wanted to watch since Alex White said in a podcast that the license holders were keen on creating a political climate similar to "Expanse".

Just started season 2 and the Martian Marines have suit guns that reminded me of the UPP Commandos.

Xiggz456

Finished the series yesterday! This is definitely some of the best sci-fi on screen that I've seen and I really hope that the upcoming Alien series turns out to be on a similar caliber to this show.

Turns out that the authors of the original novels said that their number one influence was Ridley Scott's Alien and while watching I noticed several Easter(facehugger) eggs throughout the series.

Needless to say I'm sad that it's over (even though I only started the series a month ago) so I may just need to read the novels to see where the story continues. Regardless 6 seasons of a relatively expensive show is nothing to scoff at. Both SyFy and Amazon did a great job at bringing the year 2350 to life.

BlueMarsalis79

I'm hoping for even better personally.

bb-15

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 16, 2022, 02:50:09 PMFinished the series yesterday! This is definitely some of the best sci-fi on screen that I've seen and I really hope that the upcoming Alien series turns out to be on a similar caliber to this show.

Turns out that the authors of the original novels said that their number one influence was Ridley Scott's Alien and while watching I noticed several Easter(facehugger) eggs throughout the series.

Needless to say I'm sad that it's over (even though I only started the series a month ago) so I may just need to read the novels to see where the story continues. Regardless 6 seasons of a relatively expensive show is nothing to scoff at. Both SyFy and Amazon did a great job at bringing the year 2350 to life.

I also enjoyed The Expanse quite a bit as serious science fiction.
Makes sense that parts of the story were influenced by "Alien" in terms of infection concepts and big company corruption.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed