Godzilla
96 (74.4%)
King Kong
25 (19.4%)
I don't know?
8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,497,832 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Just a general news roundup -

Quote[3/23/22] IDW Publishing and BOOM! Studios release the first issue of Godzilla vs. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

[3/20/22] The next film in Legendary Pictures' MonsterVerse is set to film in Queensland, Australia, later in 2022.

[3/18/22] IDW Publishing releases solicitations for Godzilla Rivals: Vs. Battra, to be published on June 29, 2022.

[3/17/22] It is reported that actor Akira Takarada, who starred in Godzilla films from the Showa, Heisei, and Millennium series as well as numerous other Toho tokusatsu productions, passed away on March 14 at age 87.

[3/12/22] Godzilla vs. Gigan marks its 50th anniversary.

[2/19/22] IDW Publishing releases solicitations for Godzilla Rivals: Vs. Gigan, to be published on May 25, 2022.

[2/18/22] A casting call for extras reveals that Takashi Yamazaki will be directing a kaiju film for Toho set in post-war Japan, tentatively titled Blockbuster Monster Movie.

[1/20/22] Apple TV+ announce a new live-action Godzilla series produced by Legendary Television, set in the MonsterVerse.

Also - New Godzilla design revealed for an escape room game in Japan -

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/status/1512812076502241292

Never mind WandaVision, he also directed this particular hour of television, which I'd argue might be a bit more relevant here:

ace3g

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Fantastic but can we keep Warner bros execs out of the editing room this time?

Stitch

Stitch

I like Dan Stevens. I like Adam Wingard. I like GvK. Nice.

What's interesting is that I thought that the Toho licensing for Godzilla was over. Evidently Lionsgate have negotiated a New Deal. I wish good much that cost?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stitch on May 14, 2022, 12:02:54 AMI like Dan Stevens. I like Adam Wingard. I like GvK. Nice.

What's interesting is that I thought that the Toho licensing for Godzilla was over. Evidently Lionsgate have negotiated a New Deal. I wish good much that cost?

I'm still not entirely convinced that Godzilla is going to be any part of this. The "Godzilla vs Kong 2" descriptor being thrown around seems to just be doing a lot of legwork just to say that it's the next MonsterVerse movie, post-Godzilla vs Kong. It's been rumored for a while that Wingard would be directing a potential "Son of Kong" movie, and I'm inclined to believe that that's what this film project actually is.

Though, who knows I guess. Toho clearly did extend their license in some capacity for the MonsterVerse Apple+ TV series, so maybe that license extension is meant to apply to this particular film as well? Only time will tell!

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The next MonsterVerse movie (which they're still calling a Godzilla vs Kong sequel) is due out March 2024:

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/dune-part-two-release-date-delay-1235306925/

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

^ What a coincidence I go to post this when this news is shared...

If this isn't the next MonsterVerse film, I'll be very disappointed -

(These are just silly toys from Playmates, there's also a Ghidorah, but he only gets a chest wound - )

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 30, 2022, 03:59:46 PMThe next MonsterVerse movie (which they're still calling a Godzilla vs Kong sequel) is due out March 2024:

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/dune-part-two-release-date-delay-1235306925/
Why do you believe that's not what it is? The crew listings here on the Gold Coast are pretty blunt that's what it is.

nanison

nanison

Godzilla and Kong are a team now, meh

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Jun 30, 2022, 08:10:12 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 30, 2022, 03:59:46 PMThe next MonsterVerse movie (which they're still calling a Godzilla vs Kong sequel) is due out March 2024:

Why do you believe that's not what it is? The crew listings here on the Gold Coast are pretty blunt that's what it is.

Up until recently reports were making it seem like this next Adam Wingard-directed installment was going to be a "Son of Kong" movie and that the "Godzilla vs Kong sequel" descriptor was just a way of calling it "the next MonsterVerse movie" without actually specifying whether it would feature Godzilla, Kong, or both.

Today is the first official official word we've heard on the movie, and them sticking with the Godzilla vs Kong moniker this time around seems to be doing a lot of legwork in finally (seemingly) confirming that both monsters would be involved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed