Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 161,041 times)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

There were some fantastic sequences in Riddick though.

The converter burning in the sunlight.
The race from the sun, that was excellent.

Some CGI did look incredibly bad though, like the spikey dogs.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Yeah, there was some cool stuff in CoR, but I'm taking issue with the large arc of the plot and the direction it went.

Speed37

Speed37

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Jun 05, 2008, 01:23:43 AM
Chronicles was fun, not much else.

Supposedly the sequel deals with King Riddick taking on the necromonger empire.
That what i heard and that Riddick make it there.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

I liked the direction they took Chronicles in. Pitch Black was good, but I don't see them being able to make a series like movies off of it. I felt it was bit too much like Aliens in some aspects anyway. I think Chronicles helped to deepen and make more interesting Riddick's character. In Pitch Black your wondering, who is this guy and why is he like this?

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

The end sequence wasnt all that good either, I mean we all know its hard for riddick to see in the daylight (hence the shades or whatever that thing is) so why was he able to fight in broad daylight so perfectly??

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: wolfboy22 on Jun 05, 2008, 01:47:36 AM
The end sequence wasnt all that good either, I mean we all know its hard for riddick to see in the daylight (hence the shades or whatever that thing is) so why was he able to fight in broad daylight so perfectly??

He was inside a Necromonger ship wasn't he? I doubt indoor light is as harmful to his eyes as being outside in the daylight.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 05, 2008, 01:50:19 AM

He was inside a Necromonger ship wasn't he? I doubt indoor light is as harmful to his eyes as being outside in the daylight.

There was no differece between the light inside and the light outside. Actually it looked much brighter inside the ship than outside.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 05, 2008, 01:37:25 AM
Yeah, there was some cool stuff in CoR, but I'm taking issue with the large arc of the plot and the direction it went.

It didn't feel like a sequel. I mean, it didn't have any major plot ties to Pitch Black other than having three of the same characters in the film again.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I didn't mind that it didn't follow PB so much. In fact, I like the notion of following Riddick. I just think the plot of CoR pushed the series too big and epic too fast. An uber undead militant religion conquering the universe that Riddick becomes the king of? A bit too much. Thats the sort of thing you build towards.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The plot in general was a bit outlandish, I agree. But at least Dark Fury did a great job of tying the two films together.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: wolfboy22 on Jun 05, 2008, 01:54:16 AM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 05, 2008, 01:50:19 AM

There was no differece between the light inside and the light outside. Actually it looked much brighter inside the ship than outside.

::)
Just because it looked brighter doesn't mean anything. The light inside and the light outside is still different do to UV rays and such. Same reason you can sit inside your house all day with all the lights on and not get sunburned and go outside in what seems like equal light and come in a crispy critter.

QuoteThere were some fantastic sequences in Riddick though.

The converter burning in the sunlight.
The race from the sun, that was excellent.

Some CGI did look incredibly bad though, like the spikey dogs.

I like the pangolin looking cats. I think they looked great!

superfabpredfan420

superfabpredfan420

I actually enjoyed both Riddick movies so far, Pitch Black reminded me so much of Alien, only they were against predatory bat creatures, also liked the diverse crew, Chronicles was even better, movie really showed how much of a badass Vin is :)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 05, 2008, 03:56:28 AM
I didn't mind that it didn't follow PB so much. In fact, I like the notion of following Riddick. I just think the plot of CoR pushed the series too big and epic too fast. An uber undead militant religion conquering the universe that Riddick becomes the king of? A bit too much. Thats the sort of thing you build towards.

i agree, i find it fun to see the universe from riddicks point of view..

nexus

nexus

I say RVP

riddick vs predator....to me thats a match made in heaven

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That'd work in the comics, I doubt many folks would go for a movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed