First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 12, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Author
First Promotional Image and Logo Released for Prey (Read 20,094 times)

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 06:09:47 PMAll we know is Kyle has donned a Predator suit before, and Kyle's talent agency announced Kyle will be playing "the title character". But we'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.

What they actually meant was he's playing a character called "John Prey".

Voodoo Magic

:D

I can see the tagline now....

"Prey for Mercy"

Preydator

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:55:33 PM
Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 05:48:30 PM

Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 11:54:05 AM
Is Kyle Strauts left-handed? Because I assume the wristblades placement has to do with the dominant arm/side.

Also, why are some people thinking that Dane DiLiegro is playing the Yautja in the movie when Kyle Strauts is already confirmed to be in it?

Dane and Kyle appeared to be both doing costume work. Being the same height, it's quite possible they were both sharing Predator duties, but we do not have confirmation of that one way or another.

Ah I see, thank you!

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:27:10 PM
Is Kyle Strauts left-handed? Because I assume the wristblades placement has to do with the dominant arm/side.

Also, why are some people thinking that Dane DiLiegro is playing the Yautja in the movie when Kyle Strauts is already confirmed to be in it?

where has anyone from production confirmed kyle? 

He pretty much confirmed himself when he posted a photo of the "Skulls" clapperboard on his Instagram and Twitter back in september when filming wrapped.

And he even posted the new title/logo 3 days ago and said "Grateful to be a part of this undertaking" on Instagram.

my point exactly. danes been tagged by both tom woodruff and jeff cutter (when he essentially announced amber and dakota as well) - if kyle was heavily involved, i feel as though he'd be tagged too. let's be honest here. if dane was playing the bear/sashquach or even did part of the predator duties, they wouldn't just tag him and not kyle.
[/quote]

Yeah you're not wrong. Honestly the Dane situation is kind of weird since we don't know what it's about. The way I see it, Dane is creature performer and a big Predator fan who's been trying to jump on board for a while now thanks to social media, he has been showing his desire to join the franchise strongly and respectfully and he made himself known to the actual people working on the movie. I don't think he's in the movie as the main Yautja, but you never know!

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 06:39:01 PM
:D

I can see the tagline now....

"Prey for Mercy"

Urrrgh! 😅

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 06:09:47 PM
my point exactly. danes been tagged by both tom woodruff and jeff cutter (when he essentially announced amber and dakota as well) - if kyle was heavily involved, i feel as though he'd be tagged too. let's be honest here. if dane was playing the bear/sashquach or even did part of the predator duties, they wouldn't just tag him and not kyle.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't make assumptions either way solely based on social media tags. Who knows, perhaps there could even be two or more Predators featured...

All we know is Kyle has donned a Predator suit before, and Kyle's talent agency announced Kyle will be playing "the title character". But we'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.

Prey is the Sasquatch - title character. So there you have it folks, Sasquatch confirmed! #TeamSasquatch 4 life.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 07:05:31 PM
Quote from: Preydator on Nov 15, 2021, 05:48:30 PM

Dane and Kyle appeared to be both doing costume work. Being the same height, it's quite possible they were both sharing Predator duties, but we do not have confirmation of that one way or another.

Ah I see, thank you!

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 05:27:10 PM

where has anyone from production confirmed kyle? 

He pretty much confirmed himself when he posted a photo of the "Skulls" clapperboard on his Instagram and Twitter back in september when filming wrapped.

And he even posted the new title/logo 3 days ago and said "Grateful to be a part of this undertaking" on Instagram.

Yeah you're not wrong. Honestly the Dane situation is kind of weird since we don't know what it's about. The way I see it, Dane is creature performer and a big Predator fan who's been trying to jump on board for a while now thanks to social media, he has been showing his desire to join the franchise strongly and respectfully and he made himself known to the actual people working on the movie. I don't think he's in the movie as the main Yautja, but you never know!
[/quote]

Interesting. Just seems to me that the filmmakers are acknowledging Dane's presence in this film and not Kyle's.

Im just trying to colour the situation here. Danes been tagged with people involved in production. Kyle hasn't. And if i'm not mistaken, someone in the other thread pointed out that Kyle was home before the film wrapped in Canada, while Dane was still there.

I guess we'll find out once the real cast gets announced. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 15, 2021, 07:40:48 PM
Im just trying to colour the situation here. Danes been tagged with people involved in production. Kyle hasn't. And if i'm not mistaken, someone in the other thread pointed out that Kyle was home before the film wrapped in Canada, while Dane was still there.

Yes, based on what we can tell on social media, Kyle was on set a few weeks before Dane... but Dane left around one week after Kyle.

And when Kyle was at the airport, he wore a Predator pin. What does it all mean??? :laugh:

Seriously, no one can figure out this for sure. Dane can absolutely be the star creature here. Absolutely. But are there multiple Predators? A single Predator shared by two people due to the dangerous location work? What about other creatures? We know there's at least one bear in the mix. How important are these bear(s) to this Revenant-like story? What about a Sasquatch?🤞  :laugh:

It's all just a fruitless pursuit to figure out right now. Personally, I don't have a horse in this race. I just want, whoever dons a Predator suit, Dane, Kyle, or both to do a great job, in a great suit where I can finally sing ADI's praises. That's my dream.  :)

Xiggz456

Hulu hasn't had any major studio franchise films premiere on their platform so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not we'll see some sort of theatrical run or physical release with Prey. Obviously I'm hoping for both though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Nov 15, 2021, 08:36:58 PM
Hulu hasn't had any major studio franchise films premiere on their platform so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not we'll see some sort of theatrical run or physical release with Prey. Obviously I'm hoping for both though.

In regards to a theatrical release, apparently in the U.S. at least, 20th Century Studios said the film would only be on Hulu.

And I doubt a film studio would announce it this way, if they really meant "In theaters and on Hulu". (Plus they would have likely positioned a theatrical release date by now.)

In regards to a physical media release, *sigh*... I don't know. I sure hope so! They may want to keep Predator fans (and Alien series fans) on the hook as a subscriber!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Dane for president. Who is dane? Not to be pessimistic but you all need to not throw us in a rabbit hole. Because you all just derailed this OP in a off topic here.

To set this straight, this yautja better be something that reboots the franchise here or else i'm going to ballsy here.

Preydator

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 16, 2021, 03:27:06 AM

Dane for president. Who is dane? Not to be pessimistic but you all need to not throw us in a rabbit hole. Because you all just derailed this OP in a off topic here.

To set this straight, this yautja better be something that reboots the franchise here or else i'm going to ballsy here.

Oh yeah my bad, I'm the one who asked about Dane. Sorry!

Going back to the subject, I saw some people saying they noticed some kind of skull-like bio-mask when raising the contrast on the pic. I think I can see it too, maybe not really skull-like but it looks like it could be a creepy bio-mask, and a very unique one for sure.

But maybe it really is a skull inspired mask and that's why at one time the working title was "Skull" in the singular?

Xiggz456

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 15, 2021, 08:49:18 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Nov 15, 2021, 08:36:58 PM

In regards to a theatrical release, apparently in the U.S. at least, 20th Century Studios said the film would only be on Hulu.

And I doubt a film studio would announce it this way, if they really meant "In theaters and on Hulu". (Plus they would have likely positioned a theatrical release date by now.)

In regards to a physical media release, *sigh*... I don't know. I sure hope so! They may want to keep Predator fans (and Alien series fans) on the hook as a subscriber!

Yeah I don't have very high hopes for either unfortunately but as I said Hulu has never had the distribution rights to this high profile of a film so it's definitely uncharted waters for Hulu and it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. A limited theatrical run with a physical release timed around the holiday season is how I'd like to see it handled IMO.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 16, 2021, 03:27:06 AM

derailed the topic? we're 8 pages into OP topic that the promo image dropped. we can talk about anything here regarding the film, i think.

who is portraying our predator is in fact an important topic. it's about time we were given a good quality predator!

Kradan

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Nov 16, 2021, 02:11:00 PM
who is portraying our predator is in fact an important topic. it's about time we were given a good quality predator!

Hey, you can bash suits' designs all you want, but Ian Whyte was a great Predator, goddamit !

BigDaddyJohn

In AVPR yes he was !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed