Space Jockey Theories

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

Author
Space Jockey Theories (Read 127,844 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 27, 2013, 08:39:36 AM
Quote from: cloverfan98 on Dec 27, 2013, 03:59:56 AM
Did you create Monster Legacy? I really enjoy that site.
That I did. Glad you like it. :)

I noticed the Cabin In The Woods article on your site and the fact there were photos of the Giger homage creature concept art by Michael Broom. Were there any more concept illustrations such as the Alien style creature with a divided cranium shown in the Cabin In The Woods concept art book?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Very OT, but speaking of Whedon and Giger Aliens I remember these critters from Buffy...

I have zero information to proffer about their origin though. :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 29, 2013, 01:50:41 PM
I noticed the Cabin In The Woods article on your site and the fact there were photos of the Giger homage creature concept art by Michael Broom. Were there any more concept illustrations such as the Alien style creature with a divided cranium shown in the Cabin In The Woods concept art book?
Hey wmm, sorry for the late reply.

The companion book has designs similar to the final creature, as well as one with a head similar to Ripley 6, and one with a 50s esque big brain and stalk eyes. Not sure what you mean by divided cranium.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 10, 2014, 05:08:32 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 29, 2013, 01:50:41 PM
Hey wmm, sorry for the late reply.

The companion book has designs similar to the final creature, as well as one with a head similar to Ripley 6, and one with a 50s esque big brain and stalk eyes. Not sure what you mean by divided cranium.

Oh sorry, I meant on the DVD /Blu-Ray?

Well that's the one with the divided cranium. Who knows what to call it

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ah yes, that's in the book! :) I would call those horns or protuberances... a divided skull made me think of Species II. :P

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 10, 2014, 07:39:54 PM
Ah yes, that's in the book! :) I would call those horns or protuberances... a divided skull made me think of Species II. :P

yes, if Giger's Alien creature has an elongated cranium and this one by Michael Broom has it divided. I'm sure that I should have said divided elongated cranium perhaps to create even more confusion. Perhaps we ought to get in touch with Michael Broom to see if he has any further things to say on the matter. I like the idea of that because I was experimenting with a similar head for a biomechanoid.

protuberance is a good word though.

I know the Patrick creature from the Species 2 movie had a jaw that divided into mandibles and I think that got a good few people cursing away

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Indeed it did, and it was pretty freaky -- especially when its skull splits in two heads.

I didn't think of getting in contact with Broom -- neat idea. :)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 10, 2014, 08:10:17 PM
Indeed it did, and it was pretty freaky -- especially when its skull splits in two heads.

Okay, I have just seen the video of it again , yes, that division took place, and then the other head soon disappears, hmm

I didn't think of getting in contact with Broom -- neat idea. :)

Well, I can think of it but actually doing it is successfully is probably going to have to involve someone else

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

The double cranium thing reminds me of one of your predalien concepts?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 11, 2014, 06:49:04 PM
The double cranium thing reminds me of one of your predalien concepts?

Yes, it was something that I was playing around with over the years, probably because of the croissant like nature of the derelict and also Darkness from Ridley's Legend,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed