Strange Shapes

Started by Valaquen, Oct 19, 2012, 03:40:59 AM

Author
Strange Shapes (Read 68,651 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And you gotta love the arguments about xeno intelligence. Because I totally buy that the horde that cut the power and circumvented the Ops perimeter is dumber than the single alien that got itself stuck in a wall. :laugh:

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 28, 2017, 03:14:10 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2017, 01:07:37 AM
Be nice but I doubt it.

If I had a dollar for every time people moan about 'Cameron turned them into bugs' and I direct them to The Insect Influence for a bit of perspective, I'd have, well, a few dollars.

Yeah, someone on Reddit was arguing this point with me today. They always come back with some rubbish, I usually end up having to ignore them. When people are adamant that Cameron ruined Alien for them then they tend to stick to it no matter what. Ridley's quotes about it being based directly on insects has them coming back with all sorts of logical gymnastics. One I got today was "But he nowhere said it FULLY imitated [insects, whereas] In Aliens everything was FULLY grounded in real life social insect biology."

Yep, some people just have their minds set no matter what. Scott can say he wanted the Alien to be like an ant , but those type of people will stills cream "aliens are not TEH bugz". Obannon calls it a natural animal, Scott an insect. In the script/novelization it get fascinated by the light, but no, it has to be a philosophical space rapist no matter what anybody who created it said

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

"Lovecraft, dammit!  >:("

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 29, 2017, 04:03:35 PM
In the script/novelization it gets fascinated by the light...
I would have loved it had the aborted airlock-jettison scene been filmed!  Each time I read it in the novelization, it occurs to me that Parker's getting sideswiped by the fleeing creature was a foreshadowing of his final confrontation with the thing and Lambert.  (Of course, assuming that latter scene would not have been cut back to allow for the former.)

The way ADF describes the insectoid parasitism that is taking place still mesmerizes me.  So much different from aliens that munch and crunch their victims.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

That Alien$ article is gold. What a story, Gordon!

Quote from: Strange Shapes
The situation brings to mind an old joke from the Alien Experience boards, where one member concocted a humorous story from the POV of James Remar witnessing Cameron, in a London nightclub in 1985, declaring that he was 'King of the World' as he displayed his disco moves.

I will always believe this to be true, no matter how much completely legitimate evidence to the contrary there is, ever.

Valaquen

Valaquen

We are back on FB, after deleting all of my social media a couple of years ago. I will have to rebuild from the ground up (the old page had over 3000 people subscribed) but you've got to start somewhere. The link is here, if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/StrangeShapesBlog

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Subd.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Mr. Trouble and I are still pining for that Strange Shapes YouTube channel.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2019, 06:40:17 PM

Me too, but my PC can't render video without sputtering and crashing. I did try. Something I'd have to save up for.

The Old One

The Old One

Your blog is definitely the best Alien centric one I must say.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2019, 06:40:17 PM

Indeed.  Until then, I have to make do with Critical Drinker's videos.

Evanus

Evanus

Resurrection, AVP or AVP: R didn't kill the franchise, neither did Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed