Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco?

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

Author
Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco? (Read 76,199 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 04, 2012, 04:09:28 PM
yes they wanted a shimmering effect and they wanted to make them look more like an insect.
Again, I've heard nothing about them wanting the Aliens 'to look more like an insect'. Alec Gillis said that they used 'shining and interesting colors', or something along the lines thereof. Again, no mention of insects.

The excerpt on Wikipedia could've easily been modified.

That, and all the Aliens of the series have had a color scheme that fluctuated depending on the light they were shot with.

Nero the Jackal

That is true all aliens have had a different colour scheme but if you look at my previous posts, one of them mentions the insect thing, its what they said on alien vs predator, wiki just used alien vs predator as a source and to be fair to wikipedia, they do try to be as accurate as possible though they are a frequent target of vandalism.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Checked AvP: The Creature Effects of ADI, and there it is:
"When she appeared again in Alien Resurrection, a blend of pearlescent paints were used, incorporating brown and green tones into her overall appearance. This gave a shimmery bug-like quality to her surface. This time around, we chose to go back toward her original color and once again created a color scheme of rich blacks in the deeps and blues and silvers for highlights."

But it goes no further than that.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 04, 2012, 07:15:41 PM
Checked AvP: The Creature Effects of ADI, and there it is:
"When she appeared again in Alien Resurrection, a blend of pearlescent paints were used, incorporating brown and green tones into her overall appearance. This gave a shimmery bug-like quality to her surface. This time around, we chose to go back toward her original color and once again created a color scheme of rich blacks in the deeps and blues and silvers for highlights."

But it goes no further than that.

yes that is what i meant, when you look at a blue bottles or beetles their colours change in a different light or angle so they appear with a l blue or green tint to the brown or black body. the adult aliens were a brownish colour though and it is from that point on that xenomorphs walked mostly on all fours instead of being bipedal despite its origin.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

In reality, the Resurrection Aliens did walk in a bipedal fashion - see the one walking over Elgyn's corpse. When they walked on all fours it was either in the duct when Vriess sees one or when one crawls in an escape pod. Nothing the Hadley Aliens haven't done.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 04, 2012, 07:31:35 PM
In reality, the Resurrection Aliens did walk in a bipedal fashion - see the one walking over Elgyn's corpse. When they walked on all fours it was either in the duct when Vriess sees one or when one crawls in an escape pod. Nothing the Hadley Aliens haven't done.

hmm i will rewatch it again soon, i haven't seen the films in awhile but i do know avp made them crawl on all fours in certain scenes  (the game avp 2010 made them quadruped stance despite their human host origin) and they had a metallic black colour scheme. its also their feet that changes as well, they switch from plantigrade to digitigrade.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, in AvP they crawl and move around like the Alien3 Alien.

Their feet are digitigrade in Resurrection only.

freshrj

Hi there,
I realize I'm about 5 years late to this discussion. But I looked through this thread and don't recall seeing a Henry about  what I will call "colonist extraction theory". It goes as follows: you see Bishop performing a detailed dissection on the parasite in the colonists' lab. Wetland Yutani kept many things under raps when it came to their engagement with the derelict space craft on LV 426. In all likelihood here would have been a number of eggs or post-natal xenomorphs in their infancy on ice. Keeping in mind the colonists were there already for decades setting up he atmosphere processors (furthermore, we are not told when they engaged the ship where Kane was overtaken) so one could easily assume that aside from making the planet breathable, they were consumed with researching the xenomorphs' DNA structure (since they worked for the company) either for their own benefit or their own. It could be that if intent was in fact for the bio-weapons division...but due to their radio silence with the colony and the company hub, Burke was dispatched as a contingency plan to somehow get the animal specimens past WCC quarantine. Here comes the colonists extraction theory:
Under Burke's instruction or by his own internal, company-mandated directives, Bishop uncovered what the colonists had placed into cryogenic stasis or some kind of incubator and possibly had Farro and Spunkmeyer quickly bring it back to the Sulaco with a measure of subterfuge and plant it inconspicuously on the Sulace as a part of some company driven contingency plan for getting the species off the planet and onto a company ship (of course for this possible part of the scenario, it would depend on e elapsed time between the APC's initial landing on LV 426 and the marines' engagement with Newt and the rest of the aliens, as well as the radio transmissions between Apone/Hicks and Farro/Spunkmeyer-as it would be a broken up transmission from space). Another option is that Bishop used the "working transmitter from the APC" (if you'll recall Hudson's comment after Farro crashes that it, the transmitter for remote controlling the dropship, was on the APC) and remote controlled the other drop-ship while the marines did their thing, many hours likely went by, and did the whole thing by himself--having got the viable egg onto the Sulaco, perhaps delivering it to a company research team/or android that travelled with the marines to LV 426 for this very contingency plan. Or maybe he simply remote piloted the ship down to surface, went up to stash the egg, then returned to research the specimens in the colony labs. (Perhaps when Bishop says he can't by mission of action harm a human, this is just a cover up for all of his company programmed sub routines).
One must, in this case, have faith that the colonists had a sincere interest in he xenomorphs, though they were not warned about gem by Burke, who had knowledge they were there, and had first dibs on and monetary reward--perhaps it was this animosity that led to Burke's neglect to warn he colonists of the threat. At any rate, just consider this: how did Bishop get the face-hugger in the first place? This was quite early in the films action packed events. Bishop wasn't sent down with he other marines to engage but somehow got his hands on this parasite... How? No one has asked as far as I can tell, perhaps this s the key to unravel the whole mystery. Lets theorize that the colonists had a wide variety of specimens in their labs, somehow they got out of control and lead to their demise, as the xenomorphs are mostly uncontainable. Ergo, colonists extracted the eggs and specimens, Bishop reaped where they had sown as well as their benefits. Just a theory.
Thanks.

Rankles75

The only possible explanations for how the egg got there are:

1. An Alien wizard did it...

2. It was all a dream. This would also explain a few other inconsistencies, like the different colour lettering on the Sulaco, the different looking hypersleep chambers and the *cough*super-facehugger*cough*. Would also mean Alien 3 never actually happened, which is just fine with me... :)

3. Ripley inexplicably took leave of her senses and despite:

a) knowing how sneaky the alien is at stowing away

b) having seen the Queen Alien lay dozens of eggs on LV426

c) being responsible for the safety of three other people

and

d) having absolutely no reason to rush into hypersleep, considering the length of the journey back to Earth

failed to check the ship for any unpleasant surprises, when even a cursory scan would have probably been enough, considering the egg wasn't exactly well hidden. Let's face it, if you'd been through the things Ripley had in Alien and Aliens, you wouldn't be going to sleep until you'd checked every inch of that ship... :p

Bishop90

My own personal theory that I use as an explanation is not only did the queen get on the drop ship but a drone as well and the queen had time during the voyage back to the Sulaco to lay one last egg. After the queen got jettisoned out the airlock and Ripley and co are in hypersleep the drone moves the egg to the hypersleep area and inadvertently the drone dies in the electrical fire, I mean who says the queen can't lay one emergency egg without her sac, please correct me if I'm wrong and it is stated some where in the extended universe that she can't.

whiterabbit

While Ripley was looking for Newt, Bishop was on a Easter Egg hunt. That'swhy Hicks was sedated. The fool tried to stop Bishop when his Bruke.app booted up. This also explains why Bishop wasn't waiting on the perfectly -at the time- sound platform.

Of course considering Bishop was just half a bot; how the hell the egg got up there is another conspiracy.  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 16, 2016, 09:48:01 AM
While Ripley was looking for Newt, Bishop was on a Easter Egg hunt. That'swhy Hicks was sedated. The fool tried to stop Bishop when his Bruke.app booted up. This also explains why Bishop wasn't waiting on the perfectly -at the time- sound platform.

Of course considering Bishop was just half a bot; how the hell the egg got up there is another conspiracy.  :laugh:

Bishop had Spider-Man finger upgrades which allowed him to scale the wall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed