Another shot of Weta's Fifield

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Author
Another shot of Weta's Fifield (Read 29,652 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Well that looks fantastic. Between what we've seen previously, and now this ... I'm starting to imagine the wonderfully rendered creature in motion. In all of his tortured, embryonic agony.

I hope this translucent outer flesh of his face jiggles appropriately like jelly fish.

Nightmare Asylum

Man, I would love to see this version of the scene, and like others have said, in the correct place.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 27, 2012, 03:40:24 AM
Well that looks fantastic. Between what we've seen previously, and now this ... I'm starting to imagine the wonderfully rendered creature in motion. In all of his tortured, embryonic agony.

I hope this translucent outer flesh of his face jiggles appropriately like jelly fish.

Hell yeah...that's a great visual.

LarsVader

Blacklabel

Neato design.

Cant really decide between this one or the "belugga" head one that never left the concept art stage. They were all decent works...

maybe Ridles can use both in the sequel? Depending on how many mutants there are lol

Highland

Highland

At least with this one , it hints a little bit more at the possible outcome of infection where as the existing one still leaves you with the after thought of...

"WTF was that and why did it happen?"

samoht

samoht

This one is so much better than the one we got in the film! Ridley you moron.

The one we got looks like a zombie meatball boogie man.

This one looks more alienish. Far superior.

Marlowe

Marlowe

I don't like it.It seems too much Zombie for me ;It is not very bad either.I keep up with the current in the film.

zakzak

zakzak

It is a BETTER design. Why Ridley didn't choose this one is a big freakin mystery...

zuzuki

zuzuki

off-topic: but why the hell did he return to the ship and started to kill the poor innocent maintenance workers? what did they do wrong?

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 27, 2012, 11:52:59 AM
off-topic: but why the hell did he return to the ship and started to kill the poor innocent maintenance workers? what did they do wrong?

His brain was breaking down. Being 're-made'. But his fragmented memories probably propelled him towards the ship ... the closest thing to 'home' the old Fifield knew.

Even before the contamination, Fifield was unhinged and probably a time bomb. Add the resentment of being 'left to die' by his shipmates and the painful reconfiguring of himself at a molecular level ... I'd say he had an axe to grind with his shipmates ...

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I imagine this creature working really well with animatronic animations similar to those of Brundlefly. The eyes mainly. Picture its eyelids movig frenetically like that.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: samoht on Aug 27, 2012, 07:20:10 AM
The one we got looks like a zombie meatball boogie man.

I thought he resembled a hairy pizza with teeth, myself!  :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 27, 2012, 02:31:55 PM
I thought he resembled a hairy pizza with teeth, myself!  :D
Black goo pizza at the Engineer's!

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 27, 2012, 02:25:00 PMHis brain was breaking down. Being 're-made'. But his fragmented memories probably propelled him towards the ship ... the closest thing to 'home' the old Fifield knew.

So the alien DNA made him smarter and got him un-lost. Makes perfect sense... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed