Alien Anthology in 4K?

Started by Nostromo, Jan 20, 2019, 08:18:18 PM

Author
Alien Anthology in 4K? (Read 3,578 times)

Adam802

Adam802

I'd buy it day 1, the 1080p Anthology set is currently my favorite box set that I own.  But just give me the original 4 movies, prequels should be left out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nah, no point in doing it without the prequels. If they aren't going to put everything all in one box, just do them as separate releases with original poster art and all of the appropriate bonus content on the discs.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Denial's a hell of a drug.

The Old One

The Old One

If this release is any indication, they'll simply be the 4K Discs, repackaged with the Anthology discs. There will most likely be an all-in-one 4K release including the Prequels, but there will most definitely be one for only the four original films too- because of the very recent releases of the Prequels films in 4K. If this is any indication, there will also be individual releases.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I am not sure what they can do for Aliens though, since the film grain was part of stuff that was used. Compare the blu rays of Alien and Aliens, Alien looks better.

SiL

SiL

Leave the grain. Looks better than dnr.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Personally I don't mind it, just saying its probably not something easily fixed. Considering it is an 80s action movie, it suits it.

SiL

SiL

The only way to fix it is digital noise reduction, which results in plastic, overly smooth images. See also, the original Predator's bluray.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 26, 2019, 12:54:21 PM
The only way to fix it is digital noise reduction, which results in plastic, overly smooth images. See also, the original Predator's bluray.

Jesus, that one was horrible.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 26, 2019, 12:05:00 PM
I am not sure what they can do for Aliens though, since the film grain was part of stuff that was used. Compare the blu rays of Alien and Aliens, Alien looks better.

Judgment Day 3D/4K, TY James Cameron...
Or
You can leave the film the way it's supposed to look, nevermind the fact that Aliens on Blu-ray has already been given a subtle DNR treatment.

MaxDuNord

MaxDuNord

Not sure if that't the good place to post it.
Alien Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD was announced in France today. There will be both versions included: Theatrical and Director's Cut :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed