Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2020, 02:12:58 PM

Author
Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced! (Read 11,085 times)

Corporal Hicks

What better way to celebrate Predator’s 33rd anniversary than with news of new Predator goodies?! Following the news of the Alpha Predator DLC’s inclusion in the physical figures, Illfonic has just announced a new update for Predator: Hunting Grounds that sees the level-cap raised, and a very wise Greyback as your prize when you hit the new cap!

In addition, we are increasing the level cap to 150. We have heard from quite a few of you that you have hit 100 and we want to make sure there is more for you to do. Also, congrats on hitting 100! To reward players for climbing to these higher levels, we have added chase items that will unlock at milestones throughout the journey to level 150. Platinum Predator armor and mask tints are rewarded for reaching level 100, followed by Fireteam Knives and the Hammerhead assault rifle. Once players reach level 150, they will gain access to the Elder Predator class as well as Golden Predator armor and mask tints. We have also added a special set of Elite Fireteam weapon shaders that unlock once you reach weapon level 10 for each gun.

In addition to Greyback, Dutch’s Hammerhead and knife from May’s DLC are now available to unlock through play, alongside shaders for many Fireteam and Predator items!

This month's free update for everyone will give you the ability to earn Dutch's QR5, "Hammerhead," rifle and his knife. In addition, there are many tints, skins, and shaders that once found and unlocked in the field lockers will be added to the customization experience. The customizations are the Obsidian Shader for Predator Weapons, Obsidian Tint for Predator Masks, Crimson Tint for Predator Armors, Sage Tint for Predator Armors, Ivy Tint for Default Predator Skin Patterns, Hydra Tint for Raptor Predator Skin Patterns, Blue Viper Shader for Fireteam Weapons, Digital Tint for Fireteam Outfits, Full Suite of Hammerhead Weapon Shaders, and Special Shader's for Dutch's Knife.

As always you can find the full patch notes over on Illfonic’s forums. And that’s not all! Illfonic have revealed that June’s DLC will be the Samurai Predator! This new Predator looks to be based on Prime Studio’s Sengoku Predator and will be available from the 30th of June!

Coming later this month is the second paid DLC. We gave you a new Fireteam member last month so it only seemed right that we launch a new Predator. This month we are excited to introduce you to the Samurai Predator. The Samurai Predator comes to the hunting grounds from feudal Japan, this demon from legend once hunted skilled warriors who protected the island nation. You can find more information and purchase the Samurai Predator on June 30 at the PlayStation and Epic stores. We are excited to see the Samurai lurking in the jungle very soon!

Be sure to check back in Alien vs. Predator Galaxy later today for a new episode of the podcast where we discuss the game. And keep an eye out for a new interview with Illfonic’s Chief Creative Officer Jared Gerritzen later this month!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Predator: Hunting Grounds! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Voodoo Magic

Hot damn!!!

Love it!!!

But between the Alpha Predator, the Samurai Predator, and 150 level Elder Predator, the Predator wait time is gonna be ROUGH!!!

Illfonic needed to balance this out with a Harrigan equipped with a melee smart disc or something!

brokentusk420

Someone didn't do their homework. Looks like its modeed after the hot toys figure before the accuracy changes. It's not even screen accurate.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Elder Predator for free and Samurai Predator as paid dlc? Haha. I think I will pass this DLC.

"In addition, we are increasing the level cap to 150. We have heard from quite a few of you that you have hit 100 and we want to make sure there is more for you to do. Also, congrats on hitting 100! To reward players for climbing to these higher levels, we have added chase items that will unlock at milestones throughout the journey to level 150. Platinum Predator armor and mask tints are rewarded for reaching level 100, followed by Fireteam Knives and the Hammerhead assault rifle. Once players reach level 150, they will gain access to the Elder Predator class as well as Golden Predator armor and mask tints. We have also added a special set of Elite Fireteam weapon shaders that unlock once you reach weapon level 10 for each gun."

Wasn't expecting this. Its awesome.

"The customizations are the Obsidian Shader for Predator Weapons, Obsidian Tint for Predator Masks, Crimson Tint for Predator Armors, Sage Tint for Predator Armors, Ivy Tint for Default Predator Skin Patterns, Hydra Tint for Raptor Predator Skin Patterns, Blue Viper Shader for Fireteam Weapons, Digital Tint for Fireteam Outfits, Full Suite of Hammerhead Weapon Shaders, and Special Shader's for Dutch's Knife."

Sounds great too.

Lionhart

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jun 12, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Someone didn't do their homework. Looks like its modeed after the hot toys figure before the accuracy changes. It's not even screen accurate.

Thank you

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jun 12, 2020, 03:00:17 PM

While not perfect I don't think it's too bad overall in the one shot we have of him. :)

And if it was fully modeled after hot toys, it would have smurf colored blue dreads.  :-\

SuperiorIronman

The Elder weirdly has never been completely accurate and I'm not expecting him to be here. Regardless this hopefully will shut people up about Jungle Hunter being an exclusive. I'm starting to feel like I'm cursed with the sheer amount of Elder Predator stuff I'm getting a hold of now. Samurai is also really cool, I was just thinking about that when I looked at one of the masks (I think Phoenix?) so it's kind of cool to see it pop up literally the next day,

Sidenote; Greyback has his tri-laser mounted on the gun. I know it probably wont work for the way the game handles the laser but it'd be cool if it was moved over for him.

Kailem

Kailem

Wow, so much stuff! The Samurai Predator definitely isn't something I expected, but I think it's super cool that they're adding in Predators from figures and stuff. It really makes it seem like anything is possible with regards to who might show up as DLC!

And a free Elder Predator for reaching rank 150?! That's great! I figured they'd class Dutch's knife and gun as the free DLC for this month, so it's great that they're also adding that too. It was only a matter of time before they increased the level cap, but I'm surprised (and glad) they did it so soon! And with all those shaders I'm kinda regretting not holding on to all the veritanium I got from doing the latest weekly. :laugh: Oh well, plenty more to earn where that came from!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2020, 02:52:28 PMBut between the Alpha Predator, the Samurai Predator, and 150 level Elder Predator, the Predator wait time is gonna be ROUGH!!!

Illfonic needed to balance this out with a Harrigan equipped with a melee smart disc or something!

Yeah for real. Come the end of the month I'm dreading the wait times going back to being what they were at launch. Oh well, at least we've got three new Predators incoming as a result!

EDIT: Elder stats:

molasar

It makes me more excited than anything about XSX and PS5.

Kailem

It also sounds like these fire team knives that some of us have been lucky enough to get only from loot crates up until now (sorry Voodoo ;) ) are now going to be unlockable at various points post-rank 100.

So alas! Now those of us who have been smiled on by the random number goddess are going to feel just a little bit less special now that everyone is going to able to get them! :laugh: Oh well, at least we still have the shaders (and a couple of trophies). ;)

Kradan

shadowedge

Interesting. I wonder if the Elder will not wear a mask and be able to use the plasma caster with the laser sight on the plasma caster?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 12, 2020, 06:18:43 PM
Interesting. I wonder if the Elder will not wear a mask and be able to use the plasma caster with the laser sight on the plasma caster?
Elder uses a mask, it's a undamaged but rusty version of the 87 mask

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 12, 2020, 04:10:52 PM
It also sounds like these fire team knives that some of us have been lucky enough to get only from loot crates up until now (sorry Voodoo ;) ) are now going to be unlockable at various points post-rank 100.

So alas! Now those of us who have been smiled on by the random number goddess are going to feel just a little bit less special now that everyone is going to able to get them! :laugh: Oh well, at least we still have the shaders (and a couple of trophies). ;)

Woo-hoo for this jealous bastard!

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 12, 2020, 07:21:40 PM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 12, 2020, 06:18:43 PM
Elder uses a mask, it's a undamaged but rusty version of the 87 mask

Damn! Someone level 150 already?

SuperiorIronman

Interesting to me they opted for yet another mask. The guy actually has three at this point with 1718 having the stylized take on the JH helmet and the version from the cover. And now it's just a rusty (albeit intact) JH.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed