Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 74,397 times)

predxeno

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2015, 07:11:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, I will watch the film and I'll be happy to see Hicks back and if it's an awesome film, all the better. But I'll always be disappointed at taking this particular angle.

To be fair, were you happy with A:CM's revive Hicks angle?  I figure this film will still be better received than that game no matter what. ;)

Corporal Hicks

I wasn't. I hated the way it was hand-waved in the campaign and I thought the DLC was contrived. Poor story telling all around.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 10, 2015, 01:53:39 PMTo be fair, were you happy with A:CM's revive Hicks angle?

You say that as though that's the only alternative we have...

predxeno

What with Fox's stand on the game's canon status, it kinda is.  Though I suppose fans could once more go back into their shell and say every story they don't like isn't canon. :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 10, 2015, 02:08:16 PMWhat with Fox's stand on the game's canon status, it kinda is.  Though I suppose fans could once more go back into their shell and say every story they don't like isn't canon. :-\

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying your bringing up ACM in response to Corporal disliking a retcon is completely pointless, because I'm willing to bet hard cash the game will have zero influence on the movie Blomkamp is making.

The game would likewise have zero influence if they chose to simply do something new without Hicks and just avoid the whole continuity clusterf*ck altogether. ACM is a moot point.

predxeno

That wasn't the point I was making at all, I'm just saying that in either universe fans seem to dislike where the Alien franchise is heading though it's safe to say that Alien 5 will fare much better than A:CM.

HuDaFuK

But that's not the point at all. The point is we dislike the whole cocnept of a retcon. Being better than ACM is irrelevant in that regard, it's still a retcon (supposedly).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 10, 2015, 03:46:59 PM
The point is we dislike the whole cocnept of a retcon.

And that's fine. But if Blomkamp saying that he wasn't going to undo Alien 3 and Resurrection but is not following those movies, then what else can you call it? I don't see it as a retcon. So then, what is it?

Look, guys... I understand your frustrations. I do. I truly do.. But I'm just trying to see a silver lining in all of this.

HuDaFuK

Like I've said a bunch of times - until the studio outright tells us what's going on, I reserve the right to hold off calling it anything.

I also reserve the right to complain about it being a retcon until we know 100% for sure that's what it is.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 10, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
I also reserve the right to complain about it being a retcon until we know 100% for sure that's what it is.

No one is taking away your right to complain!

Born Of Cold Light

ACM may never be officially retconned but you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be completely ignored in the future.

Xenomorphine

It's discussions like these which make me relieved I'm in the 'wait-and-see' camp.

Honestly, it's a much less stressful way to live your life when it comes to films. :)

Corporal Hicks

There's no fun in that though.  :P

Tough little S.O.B.

As long as Neil Bluffcamp is writing it, its most likely going to be crap.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Apr 21, 2015, 01:23:34 AM
As long as Neil Bluffcamp is writing it, its most likely going to be crap.

Not really. 2 good films and a bad one doesn't guarantee it'll be bad. I agree his writing isn't his strong suit but he recognizes that himself. Hopefully he'll be letting someone else write it based on his story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed