New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw

Started by Space Sweeper, May 16, 2012, 04:23:42 AM

Author
New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw (Read 33,723 times)

Qwertify

Quote from: metalos on May 16, 2012, 08:02:26 PM
I watched the video again, and i noticed a thing.

On the "Quiet Eye"'s interface we can see that:

LIC Weyland Corp. - IDV User: P. Weyland

So the Weyland Corp. was LICensed the software, and Peter Weyland is using that.

No - that is just his number he is calling. He doesn't even have to be on the other line and nothing suggest the material was licensed. If anything - the program is most likely a spy tool - for why would Weyland need a 3rd party program to look at incoming messages? And if he did - why the hell would they call it Quiet Eye? It seriously sounds like a spy tool.

Mechafist

Mechafist

Well, Benedict Wong will work in this movie.Maybe he is the Yutani spy  ::)

-----
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/fullcredits

Shaw Father? Young Shaw? what the hell  ???

Cvalda

Quote from: Mechafist on May 16, 2012, 08:21:45 PM
Not likely. He dies crashing the ship into the Derelict, which doesn't seem like something a duplicitous spy would do.

Mechafist

Quote from: Cvalda on May 16, 2012, 08:24:30 PM
Not likely. He dies crashing the ship into the Derelict, which doesn't seem like something a duplicitous spy would do.
So i guess it was just a viral video with no connection with the movie  :P
I really doubt Vickers is a spy but who knows uhn?...Maybe she turns to be.

I guess we will need to wait to know more about it...

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

So the Weyland Corp. was LICensed the software, and Peter Weyland is using that.

No - that is just his number he is calling. He doesn't even have to be on the other line and nothing suggest the material was licensed. If anything - the program is most likely a spy tool - for why would Weyland need a 3rd party program to look at incoming messages? And if he did - why the hell would they call it Quiet Eye? It seriously sounds like a spy tool.

The same reason Apple purchased SIRI, only if Yutani is large enough, purchasing them outright might be hard thus the merger that happens at some point in the future. 

It may be called "Quiet Eye" because the program simply watches the person being interviewed to determine if they are lying... it doesn't interact.

metalos

You think that, i think this. There is a trademark sign, and trademark text next to the 'Quiet Eye' name. This is not number: LIC Weyland Corp. - IDV User: P. Weyland

Qwertify

Quote from: metalos on May 16, 2012, 08:48:56 PM

You think that, i think this. There is a trademark sign, and trademark text next to the 'Quiet Eye' name. This is not number: LIC Weyland Corp. - IDV User: P. Weyland

Yes I saw that. The LIC is the troubling thing. Does it mean licensed or something else? Most likely case is that it means licensed. I won't argue against that. However - the name is still problematic. Why quiet eye? If you want stare back at the video without anyone knowing you don't need the program. The program focuses on using facial characteristics to determine certain things about them. Why not True Eye, or Lens of Truth? Besides - if LIC does not mean licensed then the fact that it has Weyland on there could just mean that the account is Weylands, just like an e-mail account is yours, but if it is being tracked by an outside source, the name will still appear under your name, but within the program being used to get into your e-mail.

Anyways - it is not clear. I am not going to say one way to say one way or the other. I understand why you want to draw a conclusion on the LIC and the IDV USER bit at the front. I agree that it is strongly indicative of Weyland using it at that end. Like I said though, the name doesn't fit, and if you hack a program - it still will carry over a lot of the original users data over to that program and the screen it is being operated from.

Could it be that there will be a merger. Absolutely. Will it be that Yutani is being malicious and will try to take down Weyland by some devious means and force a merger? Or will it all be benign? Or is something much larger at play going on here. I am far from certain. Not going to read any more into this for now.

metalos

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 09:12:05 PM
Quote from: metalos on May 16, 2012, 08:48:56 PM

Yes I saw that. The LIC is the troubling thing. Does it mean licensed or something else? Most likely case is that it means licensed. I won't argue against that. However - the name is still problematic. Why quiet eye? If you want stare back at the video without anyone knowing you don't need the program. The program focuses on using facial characteristics to determine certain things about them. Why not True Eye, or Lens of Truth? Besides - if LIC does not mean licensed then the fact that it has Weyland on there could just mean that the account is Weylands, just like an e-mail account is yours, but if it is being tracked by an outside source, the name will still appear under your name, but within the program being used to get into your e-mail.

Anyways - it is not clear. I am not going to say one way to say one way or the other. I understand why you want to draw a conclusion on the LIC and the IDV USER bit at the front. I agree that it is strongly indicative of Weyland using it at that end. Like I said though, the name doesn't fit, and if you hack a program - it still will carry over a lot of the original users data over to that program and the screen it is being operated from.

Could it be that there will be a merger. Absolutely. Will it be that Yutani is being malicious and will try to take down Weyland by some devious means and force a merger? Or will it all be benign? Or is something much larger at play going on here. I am far from certain. Not going to read any more into this for now.

Yeah, we will see it, hope they are explain that what we see on that video.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 16, 2012, 08:31:09 PM

The same reason Apple purchased SIRI, only if Yutani is large enough, purchasing them outright might be hard thus the merger that happens at some point in the future. 

It may be called "Quiet Eye" because the program simply watches the person being interviewed to determine if they are lying... it doesn't interact.

Qwertify

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 16, 2012, 09:56:44 PM

I read that before posting. A lot of programs run without interacting with other users, especially those used to monitor other people i.e. facebook twitter.
If it was just supposed to watch - the fact that it doesn't alert you to its presence would seem redundant, especially considering this is a one way transmission she's been sending out for some time. If you disagree - then we'll just be at a disagreement.

Glaive

Glaive

Has anyone checked out what the Japanese is for 'Private'?
...and if it has ANY OTHER MEANINGS/TRANSLATIONS...?

...just a suggestion...

What I'm saying is MANY cultures don't have a word for 'privacy'...so 'Quiet Eye' could be translated as 'Private Eye'.

Which opens a whole new can-o-worms...

VickersAsh

Quote from: Cvalda on May 16, 2012, 08:24:30 PM

poor guy, always sacrificing himself for the sake of the mission

Qwertify

Very clever Glaive. Would they go so far?

Maybe Eye can also be like a Dick? So maybe the program is like a Private Dick. Like Dick Tracy.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 09:12:05 PMCould it be that there will be a merger. Absolutely. Will it be that Yutani is being malicious and will try to take down Weyland by some devious means and force a merger? Or will it all be benign? Or is something much larger at play going on here. I am far from certain. Not going to read any more into this for now.

I wouldn't bother reading too much into the viral stuff. It's a mess of contradictions IMO.

ThisBethesdaSea

I still think the Tyrell corporation will tip its hat the us...I'm betting on it, especially with all the all the talk from the makers that they've always thought that both universes were connected...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed