New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw

Started by Space Sweeper, May 16, 2012, 04:23:42 AM

Author
New Prometheus Viral "Quiet Eye" Featuring Elizabeth Shaw (Read 33,929 times)

marsekay

yutani intercept this video call, and replace the real shaw with a prototype yutani synthetic for a spy?

Cvalda

Wow, Noomi is such a knockout. Very interesting looking vid. Now if only I didn't have to wait til tonight to hear the audio part and actually know what the hell is going on :'(

Qwertify

The satellite connection says it is from China. Most likely, considering the name too, this is Yutani spying on all feeds sent to Weyland. They must be using this feed to stick a spy on board. It is not Shaw, but there is a clear reason why Weyland is only Weyland at this point.

Perhaps Vickers is the child of both Weyland and Yutani?

fiveways

Interesting.  Also thats the first snip I've really enjoyed the soundtrack of.

Eva

I think the Yutani Corp part of this is pure fan-viral-stuff. There's way to much going on in Prometheus storywise as it is, for them to include a Weyland vs Yutani angle and having to spend screen time explaining to the audience what's what and who's who. We the fans know the basics of course, but a large chunk of the audience will have no clue who Yutani Corp is (or Weyland Corp for that matter). Just my $0.02, you know...

The most interesting thing for me, is speculating whether the basic mission statement of Prometheus Project originated from Shaw or whether it originated from Weyland. Here it really sounds like Shaws thing with her trying to pursuade Weyland to fund her. If so, that could put an entirely different spin on what possible role Weyland will play in the film and why he's onboard the ship...

escroto

escroto

Now this is what I'm talking about. It's about time I can listen the kind of music that is supposed to be playing on anything related to alien, or well prometheus :laugh:

Weyland himself granted her desire then. I don't know why I'm thinking more on Weland's devil face/plans  while watching Shaw's request for employment rather than thinking on Yutani spies and the inevitable connection to the Vickers bitch, bitch I still want to believe It is a droid and will try to do something to Shaw eventually

Qwertify

Quote from: Eva on May 16, 2012, 04:28:44 PM
I think the Yutani Corp part of this is pure fan-viral-stuff. There's way to much going on in Prometheus storywise as it is, for them to include a Weyland vs Yutani angle and having to spend screen time explaining to the audience what's what and who's who. We the fans know the basics of course, but a large chunk of the audience will have no clue who Yutani Corp is (or Weyland Corp for that matter). Just my $0.02, you know...

The most interesting thing for me, is speculating whether the basic mission statement of Prometheus Project originated from Shaw or whether it originated from Weyland. Here it really sounds like Shaws thing with her trying to pursuade Weyland to fund her. If so, that could put an entirely different spin on what possible role Weyland will play in the film and why he's onboard the ship...

I think everything viral will tie in nicely. The TED talk, David 8 commercial and now this. As for the Yutani thing - it is enough to say they are a rival corporation - taking all of a seconds time in a brief mention i.e. "We have to make sure we beat Yutani to the punch. They have been closing the gap on us in every other area of interest."

The TED talk - the TE Lawrence reference and the 'like the change the world' parts I think will link closely to the story.
David 8 - able to do things that others may find unethical or disturbing.
Quiet Eye - rival Yutani will play some sort of sabotage to gain the upper hand and then swoop down on the planet later to claim success?

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Qwertify on May 16, 2012, 04:09:37 PM
The satellite connection says it is from China. Most likely, considering the name too, this is Yutani spying on all feeds sent to Weyland. They must be using this feed to stick a spy on board. It is not Shaw, but there is a clear reason why Weyland is only Weyland at this point.

Perhaps Vickers is the child of both Weyland and Yutani?

I'd imagine that a program like "Quiet Eye" isn't something you just download to your computer, in a similar way that I may have a website hosted in California even though I live in Kansas... perhaps the feed is sent to the "Quiet Eye" servers in China for the program to do it's thing?

NGR01

I hope the yutani angle pays off a bit.
Not especially in the movie but in some way.

Nightmare Asylum

That video was excellent! June 8th, get here now please!

Blanco

The Yutani "Quiet Eye" software maybe similar to Voight-Kampff test........?

Melack

This was a damn cool viral-video, nice to see more of Rapace in character. Loved the unsettling music and the high-tech visuals.

metalos

I watched the video again, and i noticed a thing.

On the "Quiet Eye"'s interface we can see that:

LIC Weyland Corp. - IDV User: P. Weyland

So the Weyland Corp. was LICensed the software, and Peter Weyland is using that.

Eva

Quote from: Blanco on May 16, 2012, 07:07:48 PM
The Yutani "Quiet Eye" software maybe similar to Voight-Kampff test........?
You're reading a magazine. You come across a full-page nude photo of a girl. You show it to your boyfriend. He likes it so much he hangs it on your bedroom wall. What would you... -

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed