Something I Threw Together Ages Ago

Started by SiL, Jun 09, 2007, 10:48:51 PM

Author
Something I Threw Together Ages Ago (Read 6,112 times)

SiL

SiL

I present to you, in all its crappy black-and-white glory, 'Lego Alien', a film shot in about twenty minutes and edited together in about five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXaVVhhgzLg

That be the 'Assembly Cut', and goes 4 minutes and 4 seconds (originally 10 seconds, but YouTube cut it off). I didn't quite like it, though, so I took it and hacked it down to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOgOfwoUtI

The 'final' version, which runs 3 minutes 23 seconds (originally 30 ... again, YouTube).

I had some sort of story planned for it when I shot it in February 05, but I couldn't really remember it. I knew it had something to do with some dude going somewhere after something had happened. Not knowing what the story actually was, I threw something together on-the-fly as I edited it.

Looking back there's a lot I'd like to change, but as it is I'm pretty happy with it. It could be a lot worse. I'm currently making another short, this time with Medieval figures, with story, sound, dialogue, and an actual plot. Should be better.

BTW, at the end ... the guy's supposed to be shooting. But I could never be assed putting it into Flash and animating it. So it's stuck like that for all eternity, or until I get around to it. Either/or.

BTW 2 - The reason there are subliminal flashes of 'Those that had died were buried' during the short version (about 3 in all) is because Windows Movie Maker sucks. Without frame-by-frame editing, I simply couldn't get rid of that title card, and it was the only viable piece of black frame I had. Sorry.

topman

quality mate!!! :D ;D

SiL

SiL

Heheh, thanks :P

Darkness

Darkness

I think I've seen this before. Why's it black and white? How did you film it?

EDIT: Just seen your other video. Can't believe PavP's link was in that Beautiful Monsters book.

SiL

SiL

It's black and white cos I wanted it to be. The next one will be black and white to avoid the conspicuous patches of red and yellow in the sets.

I shot it was a digital video camera one afternoon when bored. You may have seen it when I posted it on Freaks ages ago.

Nightmare

is it about avp?

my net connection is 56Kps so ill watch later when im in a pc with faster connection

The Ultimate Predator

Very, odd.

SiL

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2007, 08:05:03 AM
I shot it was a digital video camera one afternoon when bored. You may have seen it when I posted it on Freaks ages ago.

But how did you film it? You had to stop the camera each time you wanted to move something? How long did this take you?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2007, 03:54:29 PM
But how did you film it? You had to stop the camera each time you wanted to move something? How long did this take you?
The camera has a 'frame record' function. Records about 5 frames at a time. Record, move, record, move. I rushed it, hence the shoddiness of it all, and I think it may have taken about an hour - Maybe two - to get done. The one I'm doing now has considerably more frame-by-frame stuff and is taking me forever.

Little trivia; when I knocked down the mast at the end, it smashed the Alien but completely missed the guy. How you see it in the hand-held shot is how it actually landed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed