Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 87,656 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Sep 18, 2010, 09:11:00 PM
Funny  :D

For me the AvP 1 Predator's are super easy to kill ( 1 full charged tail hit and the Pred get on his knee, then you just have to finish him)

I found the AvP 2 Predators more challenging

But i have to agree that the AvP 3 pred are the funniest ,not really the hardest, but still funny, pretty realisitic in term of resistance (health bar) and and intersting variety of attacks.
If they were more accruate (with their plasma caster). They would definitly be more intersting and challenging for me.

I was talking about multiplayer.

You're right about singeplayer, though. AvP1's DC mode was better in that respect.

AvP2010 gave the Predators silly amounts of health in the SP, but the MP Preds were reasonably resilient without being over the top.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 20, 2010, 06:53:51 AM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Sep 18, 2010, 09:11:00 PM
Funny  :D

For me the AvP 1 Predator's are super easy to kill ( 1 full charged tail hit and the Pred get on his knee, then you just have to finish him)

I found the AvP 2 Predators more challenging

But i have to agree that the AvP 3 pred are the funniest ,not really the hardest, but still funny, pretty realisitic in term of resistance (health bar) and and intersting variety of attacks.
If they were more accruate (with their plasma caster). They would definitly be more intersting and challenging for me.

I was talking about multiplayer.

You're right about singeplayer, though. AvP1's DC mode was better in that respect.

AvP2010 gave the Predators silly amounts of health in the SP, but the MP Preds were reasonably resilient without being over the top.

Yeah but it balaced they very poor IA (inaccruate Plasma caster shooting which are easily stoppable, easily redable attacks)
On hard mode i easily kill the pred boss only with my pistol (it would be the same for the preatorian if he didn't have at the same time swarm of xeno around him)
And the MP Pred health is really to low 1 single "double" shotgun shot and you're dead (while in P2 pussyface survived from 7 shotguns rounds) it a bite like killing a xeno with 1 pistol round. And 1 single 30mm pulse rifle nade and you're dead while Anytime easily survived 2 40mm (with no big damgages,) and M;Black survived (4 or 5 MKII nades, old nades but gather like this , they are much more powerfull than 40mm or 30mm nades.

Could make the same critics about xeno attacks against humans which are to weak (the xeno attacks) they should kill the Marine faster.
BUT i have to admit that makes the MP pretty balanced after all (i don't like that but they do it well)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Anytime never took a direct hit from a 40mm grenade and Tusks survived significantly less than 5 grenades... which begs a few questions. Also, P2 would have us believe that a Predator can function fine after having a limb cut off whereas P1 shows that Anytime is chuffed at taking a single hit. And to be fair, the Predators still have the most health in MP, which is 150 to the Alien's 130. Marines have 100.

I would've liked to have seen more dangerous Predators in AvP2010 SP as well. They were too easy, even on Hard mode. I used the pulse rifle against it during the Marine campaign because using the sniper rifle was boring. And during the Alien campaign, they couldn't shoot straight and were easy to manipulate in hand-to-hand combat, except when they used this fast guard-breaking attack that knocked you to the ground...

Actually, they probably did a bit too much melee damage to make for fun, tense fights. At least on Hard mode. Giving the Alien player more leeway would encourage them to stay in the fight rather than retreating after taking just a couple of strikes. Would make for a better battle

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 20, 2010, 11:07:51 AM
Anytime never took a direct hit from a 40mm grenade and Tusks survived significantly less than 5 grenades... which begs a few questions. Also, P2 would have us believe that a Predator can function fine after having a limb cut off whereas P1 shows that Anytime is chuffed at taking a single hit. And to be fair, the Predators still have the most health in MP, which is 150 to the Alien's 130. Marines have 100.

I would've liked to have seen more dangerous Predators in AvP2010 SP as well. They were too easy, even on Hard mode. I used the pulse rifle against it during the Marine campaign because using the sniper rifle was boring. And during the Alien campaign, they couldn't shoot straight and were easy to manipulate in hand-to-hand combat, except when they used this fast guard-breaking attack that knocked you to the ground...

Actually, they probably did a bit too much melee damage to make for fun, tense fights. At least on Hard mode. Giving the Alien player more leeway would encourage them to stay in the fight rather than retreating after taking just a couple of strikes. Would make for a better battle

That's not important that Anytime get a direct hit by the 40mm nades , itself the kinect power of a nade (n,ot the blast) is very poor. Only the balst effect is important. Anytime took the nade blast at only 1m for the first one (The "super-lethal" radius with 40mm nades is 10m diameter)
And Mr Black survived from at least 3 (if not more MKII nades) thoses nade gather still more powerfull than 30mm or 40mm
I mean that if the game wanted to be realsitic in MP both Predator and Aliens should be harder to kill
the Marine shotguns kills too quickly the Preds and preatorians whereas  Pussyface surivived 7 shotguns rounds. And with a good connection they takes down a preds with only 7 Pusle Rifle shots which should be the necessary number of shotguns round to take it down)

BUT i'm pretty OK with that (not so much  in truth  ;D ) on the MP cause it balance it  ( i still against balancing species on MP, but that's only my opinion  ;) )

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think pulse rifle rounds do 10 damage a pop. Could be wrong. So it should take at least 15 shots unless some of those are headshots.

Besides, pulse rifle rounds are 10mm, explosive and armour-piercing. More powerful than any standard-issue weapon currently employed, certainly more powerful than anything in Predator sans the minigun.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 20, 2010, 01:30:30 PM
I think pulse rifle rounds do 10 damage a pop. Could be wrong. So it should take at least 15 shots unless some of those are headshots.

Besides, pulse rifle rounds are 10mm, explosive and armour-piercing. More powerful than any standard-issue weapon currently employed, certainly more powerful than anything in Predator sans the minigun.

I think i have already explained many times why the 10mm aromr piercing rounds still less powerfull than a Shotguns rounds (and maybe even less powerfull than a regular 7,62x51 round),
the armor piecing ammunition already existe since WWI but were abandonned because of the uneffectiveness of the princip

-Having an explosive tiped round, very badly limited the penetrating path cause destroying the bullet during his trajectory in the victim.
The the fact it's armour piercing tip penetrate the armor (if their is one) then once the penetration is done, the round explode, causing a huge permanente cavity but without significant depth.
Those kind of ammo are today only used for anti-material role with very massive bullets like the 50BMG

-Then a regular .12gauge shotgun slug (bigger than a thump projectil) weight 35g (more or less, ), a regular OO buck charge weights 40g, And a regular 308win (7,62x51) projectil weights 150grain (9,7g) for the lightest projectil.
(The projectil weight is the most important factor in his lethality ,more than his speed, and my 7 years of hunt confirm me that)
So given the fact a Pulse Rifle magazin contain 100 rounds,  then if a single projectil (i only count the projectil weight ,not the powder weight) would weight just 9,7g like the 308win, then 1 single magazin would weight more than 97Og !!!.
Inconceivable for such futuristic weapon (and for the carrier) even a 5g projectil would make each magazin weight 500g
Then Pulse rifle projectils must be far lighter than 308win (which itself has a 810m/s speed).
The Predator minigun used this kind ammo (308win) AND the M60E3 of Mac too (and we must forget Poncho's 40mm semi-auto nades launcher)

Don't worry i'm not saying than the Pulse rilfe is crap, it's a crazy gun (i wouldn't like to take one of his rounds, even in the shoulder ;D ) I understand that Cameron isn't a firearm expert and he done a badass weapon(with his own knowledges), But he just didn't know that in reallity his firearm wouldn't be as effective as he though.

If i had to perfet the Puse Rilfe i would only change his ammo type , the 10mm armor explosive armor piercing would become the 10mm piercing projectils ,with VBR- C2F, or VRB AP style projectile (most deadly projectil kind).
And i would decrease the ammo quantity in magazins in order to increase the bullet weight to 150g (9,7).
8) Then this firearm would kick every today's firearms asses, and would be almost as lethal as a shotgun Slug

EDIT : i don't know if you feel like me but, the fact the pistol  (or pusle rifle in some case) rounds doesnt get deflected on Pred armor (or helmet) or Xeno heads really irritate me

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The pistol in this game is, apparently, a heavy variant designed specifically because a bunch of marines got their asses kicked by Aliens. And it still sucks.  :P

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 20, 2010, 03:47:31 PM
The pistol in this game is, apparently, a heavy variant designed specifically because a bunch of marines got their asses kicked by Aliens. And it still sucks.  :P

Heavier in which way? , The only difference i noticed is the presence of a front sight

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

/shrugs

No idea if it's in the instructions or whatever, but we're supposed to believe it's a heavy pistol engineered to be halfway effective against Aliens.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Oh sorry you where talking about my "EDIT part" i thought you were supposing that the AvP 2010 pulse rifle was heavier than the one in the films!

Mea culpa (for my defense i'm french , it can happen i misunderstand somethings, sometimes  ;D )

Well, about the pistol  all i can say is that a pistol with such small magazine and grib (observebale when reloading) with 18 rounds in the magazin, mustn't be very powerful . If thing that we can suppose it shot the same rounds than the pulse rifle.

If i remember well you need 12 or 15 rounds (depends of the difficulty level) to kill a xeno , then it's a bite the same stroy than with the Pulse Rifle.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You have to consider balance as well. How boring would it be if a marine couldn't kill a Predator unless he put several mags into it? Predators have cloaking, vision modes, auto-tracking weapons, faster melee responses. I know I wouldn't play marine if I didn't stand a chance.

So all the complaining about being completely accurate is for nought. The developers have a hard task of trying to make the game look and feel right (which it certainly does) while also still being a game that people can play. Which they did through minor, extremely minor liberties.

Regardless of the "who am bestest, alinez or pridetars? pridetars took on the arnze! but alinez totally killed all dem mareinz." Whatever. It's balance without sacrificing the core elements. Which it did.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 21, 2010, 11:28:03 AM
You have to consider balance as well. How boring would it be if a marine couldn't kill a Predator unless he put several mags into it?

AvP 1999 anyone? Only 2 power weapons stand a chance vs a predator in that game.. yet fans seem to hate AvP3 and go back to Avp1 where marines vs preds is poorly balanced..

Predators have auto-tracking weapons,
Uhm.. they have 1.. Cannon.. that's it.. and it's not tracking.. it just locks on and shoots in a straight line..  It\s not like it turns 180 degrees like the Disc in AvP 1999... Now that's pure BS..

Predators have cloaking, vision modes, faster melee responses.

And marines have motion trackers, rapid fire weapons - these kill preds very fast and the slower ones either stun or mess up his aim. of course shotgun secondary fire is a 1 hit kill..  Marines aren't meant for vision modes.. or melee combat really.. they are meant for guns... all the species differ.. Maybe you want marines to have a focus jump and climb walls too?   :P

I know I wouldn't play marine if I didn't stand a chance.
Well in AvP2 and AvP3 you do stand a chance. Both have their own fair set of.. balance settings.. kinda. X_X

So all the complaining about being completely accurate is for nought. The developers have a hard task of trying to make the game look and feel right (which it certainly does) while also still being a game that people can play. Which they did through minor, extremely minor liberties.

Regardless of the "who am bestest, alinez or pridetars? pridetars took on the arnze! but alinez totally killed all dem mareinz." Whatever. It's balance without sacrificing the core elements. Which it did.

Balance seems fine on the different platforms. They all have their things to work with.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You realise I was completely defending AvP 2010 here?

QuoteAvP 1999 anyone? Only 2 power weapons stand a chance vs a predator in that game.. yet fans seem to hate AvP3 and go back to Avp1 where marines vs preds is poorly balanced..

I know. AvP 1999 is fun but it's not AvP2010, for obvious reasons. It takes mag after mag to take down the Predators. As a marine, you really have to spam the nades or rockets to stand a chance.

QuoteAnd marines have motion trackers, rapid fire weapons - these kill preds very fast and the slower ones either stun or mess up his aim. of course shotgun secondary fire is a 1 hit kill..  Marines aren't meant for vision modes.. or melee combat really.. they are meant for guns... all the species differ.. Maybe you want marines to have a focus jump and climb walls too?

Not at all. I'm merely defending the nerfing of the Predators from being the more impervious creatures from films into being the more killable creatures in AvP. I think you got the wrong end of my stick here. But I did forget only the caster tracks but it is a monster, you can't recover from the hit.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Well personaly AvP 1999 is my favorite game of all time.
I just fell so much as a real Predator when playing his SP (or even MP). And the marine campgain was a great mix of fear and "let's rock" feelings
And in the xeno campaign you visit the copy of the place where Kane's Son was born

The fact it's hard to kill a Pred in 1999 MP jus make victory even more tasty or delicious
I remember that , when i used to play with my team (and friends) in AvP1999 as a Marine team. Well we were all congratulating each other when we our team work succed to kill a Pred. This was the good all time.

Now in AvP 2010, when i kill a Pred (i usualy only use a Pistol when their is only Preds on the map, otherwise it's not fun for me) that impress nobody anymore  :-\
The only time i eally have fun is when i kill a xeno or Pred by beating him to death .That's so funny and humiliating for both species, i usually laught to tears after that. And Receive some insutling messages (i'm on Xbox 360)
That the huge matter for me in AvP 2010, it just give me no more excitement (it's pretty easy to kill anybody regardless of the species he played)

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

this game is balanced perfectly... when it was first released there were so many bitchs complaining that the marines were useless and their melee is pointless. the same goes for the aliens... apparently their too week. well if people would actually give the game a chance and actually play the species like their suppose to then it wouldnt be a problem. i constantly see people rampaging into marines trying to get a random kill. its not about that. you wait for them to make a mistake and make them pay for that mistake. marines are amazing when combat gets heavy. the block and counter attack gets me in first place almost every time im a marine. god damn people playing the game like its a typical death match where you just bombard each other. yes im talking to the call of duty players amongst us all. this game is tailored towards the species characters. learn them and the game is the most fun online you'll have. the other day as an alien i pulled off an amazing stunt. 4 marines held up in a tunnel on gateway and i ran straight through them . this distracted them as my team mate SK'd the first marine. then i ran back on the roof took two out. the last guy in panick ran and on three we both pounced him. instant kill. im a huge AvP fan and alot of you need to stop living in nostalgia. this is better then the rest of them. the balance is unmatched. Now come and show me how easy you all think it is to kill people on this game. i bet i kill you more.
:-) HeavenlyBIGFOOT signing off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed