Engineer's planet or "seed-race" that the Engineers "planted"?

Started by Ingwar, Mar 16, 2021, 01:44:27 PM

Author
Engineer's planet or "seed-race" that the Engineers "planted"? (Read 12,348 times)

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: TNF on Jul 15, 2021, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 15, 2021, 01:46:39 AM
Its possible the Engineers have outpost planets, I mean they had weapon testing planet in Prometheus.
Agreed, based on Yanek's dialogue with Shaw around 01:31:00: "This ain't their home. It's an installation. Maybe even military. Now they put it out here in the middle of nowhere because they're not stupid enough to make weapons of mass destruction on their own doorstep." (That was fun, dipping into that scene for a moment...)

Exactly, thanks for sharing that. :)

I was reading in another forum that the Engineers in Prometheus were in rebellion to the other Engineers, and Ridley Scott calls them Fallen Angels. I however, did not notice a rebellion in Prometheus and when David returns to the Engineer Homeworld (if its their honeworld  its to great fan fair by Engineers who look more civilians than military.

The_Nostromo_Files

I'd be happy to see the Engineers' story continued in some manner.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: TNF on Jul 15, 2021, 07:25:29 PM
I'd be happy to see the Engineers' story continued in some manner.

Same here, I am hoping what David destroyed was a Engineer Colony, not the homeworld. That just like humans who star colonizing planets, The Engineers did that first.

The_Nostromo_Files

Yes. I lament the loss of Shaw's POV as we discovered more about them...

Lost_Hunter

Quote from: TNF on Jul 16, 2021, 04:38:32 PM

Me too, she was the best lead we had since Aliens and an interesting character. Greatly acted and believable, not just another Ripley clone. Her religious angle mixed with the Engineers was an earned story.  Lot of potential....wasted. I do hope we haven't seen the last of the Engineers or the Jockey concept.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jul 16, 2021, 08:50:29 PM
Quote from: TNF on Jul 16, 2021, 04:38:32 PM

Me too, she was the best lead we had since Aliens and an interesting character. Greatly acted and believable, not just another Ripley clone. Her religious angle mixed with the Engineers was an earned story.  Lot of potential....wasted. I do hope we haven't seen the last of the Engineers or the Jockey concept.

I wholeheartedly agree. Covenant disrespected her arch. I really wish Ridley had stuck to his vision, exploring the Engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed