Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,350 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 06, 2022, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 06, 2022, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 03, 2022, 09:01:08 PMYes dicks Disney we want DICKS!

Careful with the wording there mate, you might end up with Local Trouble/Elon Musk type characters instead of psycho-sexuel imagery.

More dongs ! More DONGS !

BlueMarsalis79

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1595510390460497920

Seems like Asbell doesn't directly oversee this project, as it is for television, but it's cool to hear that he is in communication with this team.

Kimarhi

The OG design will never again be used.  No other creative team in the franchise has used it.  It is almost series tradition at this point to have your own spin on it if you are the writer/director team. 

Immortan Jonesy

Wow, I can't find a flaw in his logic  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Well... it did seem like the Covenant sequel that we're not going to get was likely going to use the original design, since Covenant was working its way towards that, intentionally withholding mechanical elements for now and saving them for down the line (that being, the next film) when David would actually finish perfecting his work.

Will be interesting to see what the two upcoming projects do, and what particular spins on the design they put forward.

Immortan Jonesy

Oh yeah, the future was supposed to be biomechanical. Too bad it didn't work  :'(

Nukiemorph

Franchise is under a new regime that makes most of its money selling member-berries... A Big Chap might be mandated in the future.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Nov 25, 2022, 04:49:11 AMFranchise is under a new regime that makes most of its money selling member-berries... A Big Chap might be mandated in the future.

I can definitely see this, although for now Alvarez will be swinging Alien 3 style and the TV show will have original designs (mostly)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

To be clear I wasn't saying biomechanical elements of the Alien wouldn't be used, just that the particular first film suit will never be perfectly replicated and reused. 

I also don't see them using the regular human style legs again. 

I know it is the OG design, and you can't argue against it, but to me personally it doesn't look balanced.  The Aliens upper half has too much weight for little bitty people legs. 

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 27, 2022, 05:53:19 PMTo be clear I wasn't saying biomechanical elements of the Alien wouldn't be used, just that the particular first film suit will never be perfectly replicated and reused.

Of course it won't; the first film's suit was a pain in the arse to work with.

It was a piece of art, it really wasn't suited to the rigours of movie-making at all. That's exactly why Cameron used vastly simplified suits on Aliens.

SiL

That was largely budget.

TheBATMAN

Id love more than anything for the original suit to return in some form.

Even the tiniest details like the almost grin on its face as it inspects Jonesy in his box gets me every time.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 24, 2022, 09:37:14 PMThe OG design will never again be used.  No other creative team in the franchise has used it.  It is almost series tradition at this point to have your own spin on it if you are the writer/director team. 

Well Aliens was probably the closest to keeping true to the original, I think only the head, hands and feet have the most obvious changes.

bobcunk

I would like it to be similar in design but long and thin like Covenant I want it to have awkward spider like movements but not look glumsy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed