The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 63,795 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Master Chief on May 26, 2023, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 25, 2023, 05:42:15 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nfe-Z7YmEA
This game looks fun!  Any word on a release date?

Not so far.  I'm fine with that though.  It may be one of my rare day-one purchases and I don't want it to be a buggy mess.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Speed Freeks free alpha is live on Steam.

Also, GOG.com has Epic 40k: Final Liberation for free (no idea if it's any good, but hey it's free)

Also Humble Choice has Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters for $12 through the end of the month.

40k videogamers be eatin' good right now.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2023, 03:45:42 PM40k videogamers be eatin' good right now.

Did you buy everything you didn't already own yet?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

lol, Fire Warrior is $0.89 on GOG.

And when you're done, read the book that's orders of magnitude better than the game!

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2023, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2023, 03:45:42 PM40k videogamers be eatin' good right now.

Did you buy everything you didn't already own yet?
I got Chaos Gate and some Gladius and Inquisitor Martyr DLC, and Battle Sister.

Edit-- the GOG bundle includes a promo code for a discounted month of Warhammer+ (code GOGSKULLS).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2023, 04:09:27 PMI got Chaos Gate and some Gladius and Inquisitor Martyr DLC, and Battle Sister.

Excellent.  The backlog must grow.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm starting a re-read of the Eisenhorn trilogy, followed by the Ravenor trilogy, so I can get into the Bequin books I just bought for my kindle using some Amazon digital credit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I am excited.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Test piece for recreating my old Iron Knights army with newer stuff, since I got a boatload of Primaris marines in a trade:

Also ended up with a bunch of newcrons:

And I can finally take clearer pics of my Night Goblins for 6e WHFB:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Those look awesome.

Also newcron heads look awful, I've done headswaps on pretty much all of mine to use old-school (5e or earlier) Necron heads.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 11, 2023, 05:09:07 PMThose look awesome.

Also newcron heads look awful, I've done headswaps on pretty much all of mine to use old-school (5e or earlier) Necron heads.

Newcrons are kind of shit in general, but free is free.

Dachande

Dachande

Played my Thousand Sons in a Boarding Actions game today, and they absolutely cooked everyone. Having not had any psychic phase shenanigans with my other two forces. This was beautiful.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 08:10:08 PM

I like some of them, the new Crypteks are cool, the Royal Warden is cool*, the new Overlord is cool*, the Skorpekh Lord is cool*, the Ophydian Destroyers are cool*.

*after doing headswaps on them

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 12, 2023, 03:28:48 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 11, 2023, 08:10:08 PM

I like some of them, the new Crypteks are cool, the Royal Warden is cool*, the new Overlord is cool*, the Skorpekh Lord is cool*, the Ophydian Destroyers are cool*.

*after doing headswaps on them

I'm just leaving them as-is, it's actually the whole chipped/damaged thing I dislike, given that they're supposed to be living metal. I'm aware of the post-hoc reasoning but it still grinds my gears.

I do like the new mindflayer style Deathleaper though:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

yeah I'm not thrilled with the "chipped and battle-damaged" details with the Newcrons, I think it takes the agency away from the player/painter by forcing them to deal with "damaged" Necrons. If you want to make pristine-looking Necrons, welp, too bad, you lose.

I can work with it because my Necrons are meant to be rusted and corroded, but I really, really dislike the new Necron Warriors and I'm glad I've already got like 40+ of the old 3e ones with the translucent green rods.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed