Gladiator II

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 43,100 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

According to KFTV they will be filming in Britannia as well.

Quote from: KFTVRidley Scott's Gladiator 2 enters production
Ridley Scott produces alongside Michael Pruss, the president of Scott Free Productions for Paramount Pictures

Filming locations are set to take place in Malta, Morocco and the UK, and will run for four months.

https://www.kftv.com/amp/news/2023/06/08/ridley-scotts-gladiator-2-enters-production

Ingwar

Ingwar

UK? I was wrong then :)

ace3g

Eal

Eal

Yeah, this stuff is pretty normal. Just publicity.

Kradan

Kradan

But is Sir OK ?

Eal

Eal

Sir Jones is fine.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: VarietyGladiator 2' Stunt Accident Leaves Several Crew Members Injured (EXCLUSIVE)

Several crew members were injured on the Morocco set of the sequel to "Gladiator" on June 7 while filming a stunt sequence for the action film.

"While filming a planned stunt sequence on the set of the 'Gladiator' sequel, an accident occurred during which several crew members experienced non-life-threatening injuries," a spokesperson for Paramount Pictures, the studio behind the film, said in a statement. "The safety and full medical services teams on-site were able to act quickly so that those who were impacted immediately received necessary care. They are all in stable condition and continue to receive treatment."

A total of six people received treatment, four of whom remain in the hospital. All of the impacted crew members were treated for burn injuries, according to an individual with knowledge of the production. Two other crew members were treated locally and then discharged. The accident occurred towards the end of the shooting day. No cast members were harmed.

The sequel to the 2000 epic stars Oscar-nominee Paul Mescal, Pedro Pascal, Denzel Washington and Connie Nielsen. Ridley Scott, who directed the first film, is returning behind the camera, with David Scarpa writing the script.

"Gladiator" was one of the highest-grossing movies the year it debuted, going on to win the Oscar for best picture, as well as a best actor prize for Russell Crowe. The sequel is slated to hit theaters on November 22, 2024.

The spokesperson for Paramount added:  "The well-being of the cast and crew is of the utmost importance to us, and we have strict health and safety procedures in place on all our productions. We will continue monitoring the situation and taking all necessary precautions as we resume production."

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/gladiator-2-stunt-accident-crew-members-injured-1235639302/amp/

I suspect that was probably for a siege scene similar to this one that was also filmed in Morocco:

You always have a lot of burning fires, catapults hauling burning rocks, napalm/burning pitch being thrown down on the besiegers, flaming arrows - lots of potential for fire related accidents.

Ridley likes to live dangerously. From the Napoleon set last year. Dangerous Days indeed:

QuoteHillingdon fire: Hollywood film workshop damaged by blaze 'didn't have planning permission'

A blockbuster film workshop damaged by a blaze in West London was built without planning permission, the local council has confirmed. The workshop at Pield Heath Road in Uxbridge caught fire on the evening of March 10 along with two shipping containers.

Documents show that planning permission to build five temporary workshops on the site of an old garden centre was refused by Hillingdon in June 2021. The company wanting to build the workshops, Locate Studios, also applied for permission to use the space for commercial filming at the same time.

According to Hillingdon Council, the workshop that caught fire was one of several on the site that did not have planning permission at the time of the fire. A council spokesperson said: "Some of the buildings damaged by last Thursday night's fire did not have planning consent. At the time of the fire, the council had an active planning enforcement investigation on the site and the council will now need to carefully consider next steps in light of the incident."

According to the documents, the workshops would be used to create props and sets for a film being produced at nearby Pinewood Studios. Planning permission for the workshops was refused after the council was concerned they would harm the environment in the surrounding Green Belt and disturb residents by being too noisy.

Speaking to MyLondon, a source confirmed that the workshops were built to support the new Ridley Scott epic 'Napoleon', a Napoleon Bonaparte biopic, starring Oscar-winning actor Joaquin Phoenix and produced by Apple TV.

The source, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "All I can say is that it's all been destroyed, the workshop. They're working there for a film called Napoleon, they've got various other workshops as well as this location. As for how the fire started they don't know at the moment."

SiL

SiL

Quote from: caffeine4671 on Jun 10, 2023, 03:57:09 AMYeah, this stuff is pretty normal. Just publicity.
Crew being hospitalised with burns is not normal, and shouldn't be considered normal. Crew staying in hospital for burns means they were pretty bad.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Some more details emerging:

QuoteStars Paul Mescal and Denzel are said to have 'watched on in horror' as the set went up in flames.

An investigation is now claimed to be underway with a ruptured gas pipe the suspected cause of the horror incident.

A source told The Sun: 'It was terrifying — a huge ball of fire flew up and caught several crew members in its path.

In years of filming I've never seen an accident so scary. Six production staff had to be rushed to hospital for treatment. Hopefully everyone will be OK, but it was a serious accident.
'Everyone involved, from the lowliest runners to the star names, has been shaken up by this.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/09/gladiator-2-crew-rushed-to-hospital-after-fireball-explodes-18927785

T Dog

T Dog

So my friend who worked on The Last Duel knows someone working on this. They said that there are serious issues on set and that it sounds like a War zone from what they've heard.

Hoping for the best for those crew members.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Wow, Scott is usually quite strigent on crew safety. Can you find out more?

From Deadline:

QuoteUK outlet The Sun first reported the news as an explosion, but we hear it was a planned stunt. The Sun reports included "onlookers speculating that a gas pipe on the set may have ruptured." It also noted that the production is in Ouarzazate, where temperatures can routinely hit 95 degrees Fahrenheit

Looks like this is where they are currently filming and where the accident occurred. You can see the production tents, camera cranes and a helicopter in the background.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2023, 12:53:02 PMSome more details emerging:

QuoteStars Paul Mescal and Denzel are said to have 'watched on in horror' as the set went up in flames.

An investigation is now claimed to be underway with a ruptured gas pipe the suspected cause of the horror incident.

A source told The Sun: 'It was terrifying — a huge ball of fire flew up and caught several crew members in its path.

In years of filming I've never seen an accident so scary. Six production staff had to be rushed to hospital for treatment. Hopefully everyone will be OK, but it was a serious accident.
'Everyone involved, from the lowliest runners to the star names, has been shaken up by this.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/09/gladiator-2-crew-rushed-to-hospital-after-fireball-explodes-18927785

Okay, wow. When I skimmed through the article (unless I read a completely different article and I'm insane), I got the impression that: A set construction collapsed, 9 people were injured immediately, EMTs arrive on scene, people are determined to be okay and have non-life-threatening injuries.

SiL

SiL

That's also not normal.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: SiL on Jun 10, 2023, 10:40:56 PMThat's also not normal.

It's abnormal for accidents and set collapses to happen in general? I was under the impression that with the amount of movies being made this year and that have been made over the years that injuries and set accidents happened quite often. Not anything like a ruptured gas pipe, but with all the accidents over the years, like the killing of a DP by a misloaded prop gun; that's sort of where I'm coming from.

The gas pipe rupture as a cause is incredibly odd and abnormal as it wasn't just a set collapse or a poor crew member being overworked. In certain contexts, I suppose a natural gas pipe rupturing could be normal, but not on when anticipating what to expect accident wise, working on a film set.

SiL

SiL

A major incident of any origin hospitalising multiple crew is neither normal nor something to be dismissed as just publicity when published.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed