Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,215 times)

theDecline84

theDecline84

You guys think we will get a new trailer on alien day?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: theDecline84 on Apr 22, 2017, 11:44:18 PM

That seems likely.  At the very least, Fox will surely give us something new in regards to 'Alien: Covenant' on that day.  Having said that, I'm not sure that I want them to.  I think that they've already spoiled the film far too much with the copious trailers and clips, just like they did with 'Prometheus'.

First world problems...

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 22, 2017, 11:43:27 PM
I really wish that Ridley Scott wasn't taking so much influence from our own history and architecture.  I mean, I understand that he's coming from the 'we're them and they're us' angle with the Engineers but damn, I really wanted me some Gigeresque planet of unholy nightmares.

I guess that's the problem with nigh on 40 years of dreams and expectations, in regards to that mysterious space jockey from 'Alien'.

I hear you mate, but if these engineers are just some sort of aftermath culture there might be a whole Gigerian city buried underneath this Vatican simulation.

At least we can dream together!

theDecline84

theDecline84

I wanna check out the Q & A. You think it will be posted later if i miss it at 10am pst?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: theDecline84 on Apr 22, 2017, 11:54:08 PM
I wanna check out the Q & A. You think it will be posted later if i miss it at 10am pst?
Oh yes we are very consistent with stuffs like that. :)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: theDecline84 on Apr 22, 2017, 11:44:18 PM

I think they'll give us an actual scene. I'm thinking when the solider gets infected with the spores.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I really wish that Ridley Scott wasn't taking so much influence from our own history and architecture.  I mean, I understand that he's coming from the 'we're them and they're us' angle with the Engineers but damn, I really wanted me some Gigeresque planet of unholy nightmares.

I guess that's the problem with nigh on 40 years of dreams and expectations, in regards to that mysterious space jockey from 'Alien'.
Im with you on that. I definitely want more giger as it is truly alien and frightening, even today. But dont lose hope yet, there is still 2 movies coming to possibly explore that. Let it play out and see what Ridley's plan is. Its no secret how much he loves Gigers art, so i dont think he will abandon it all together. In Ridley we trust

Anthony

Anthony

Fox has also confirmed some BTS stuff on Alien Day.

acidreign

acidreign

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 22, 2017, 11:51:14 PM

I hear you mate, but if these engineers are just some sort of aftermath culture there might be a whole Gigerian city buried underneath this Vatican simulation.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Blade_Runner_unicorn.png

While that won't likely happen there *is* at least this nod to Gigeresque aesthetics:

Ever since this shot was first released I've been trying to figure out where this tunnel is located.

It's probably not part of the crashed Juggernaut since it looks pristine and the ribbed architecture is much more reminiscent of the original Derelict from Alien.

A subterranean chamber under the Citadel perhaps?

Then the pictures of the so-called Scorpionaut leaked and I think this very well might be part of that vehicle/structure.

I have a strong suspicion that the silhouetted figure might be David just before or after he emerges onto the platform to release the black goo bombs.

What do y'all think?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think it's the juggernaut.

Predaker

Predaker

QuoteI have a strong suspicion that the silhouetted figure might be David just before he emerges onto the platform to release the black goo bombs.

Isn't it one of the journalists who made a set visit?

Whoever he is, you can see what looks like an ear piece/spiral cord if you zoom in close.

acidreign

acidreign

It doesn't look like the interior of the Juggernaut though:

Perhaps it's just a section we haven't seen.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 23, 2017, 12:39:06 AM

While that won't likely happen there *is* at least this nod to Gigeresque aesthetics:

Ever since this shot was first released I've been trying to figure out where this tunnel is located.

It's probably not part of the crashed Juggernaut since it looks pristine and the ribbed architecture is much more reminiscent of the original Derelict from Alien.

Then the pictures of the so-called Scorpionaut leaked and I think this very well might be part of that vehicle/structure.

I have a strong suspicion that the silhouetted figure might be David just before or after he emerges onto the platform to release the black goo bombs.

What do y'all think?

Don't know. The new one looks quite asymmetrical, i must say. Deformation due to crashlanding, somehow turned upside down?

But is probably just another case of re-design, sadly.

acidreign

acidreign

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 12:43:19 AM
QuoteI have a strong suspicion that the silhouetted figure might be David just before he emerges onto the platform to release the black goo bombs.

Isn't it one of the journalists who made a set visit?

If I'm not mistaken it's an official still from the movie.

If the figure isn't David I'm thinking probably Crudup/Oram.

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 23, 2017, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: acidreign on Apr 23, 2017, 12:39:06 AM

What do y'all think?

Don't know. The new one looks quite asymmetrical, i must say. Deformation due to crashlanding, somehow turned upside down?

But is probably just another case of re-design, sadly.

It can't just be a re-design because the shots of the crashed Juggernaut in Covenant (such as the one I just linked to) make clear that the architecture is identical to Prometheus. Therefore the Giger-esque tunnel is either a previously unseen part of the Juggernaut or it is part of a different structure or craft altogether. That's why it's an interesting puzzle to me. Most of the structures we've seen in Covenant have a distinct lack of that biomechanical style.

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteIf I'm not mistaken it's an official still from the movie.

I dont think so. Watch closely you can see a cable coming from the left bottom and even crossing the way behind the guy. And the already mentioned ear piece. Its a set photo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed