Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 145,059 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Any nice screencaps going around?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/status/855881606527148032

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 22, 2017, 08:10:43 PM
Any nice screencaps going around?

Don't kill me!! These came from ATI of scified.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

that fassbender quote.

told you they weren't engineers. bunch of wise*sses.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I wonder who he says that line to? I would assume Shaw.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

We've known about that line for months. It pertains to both, which is why he kills the Engineers to salt the earth.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

also, i didn't expect that there would be a bunch of survivors to get boarded on the platform ship that tennessee is piloting. cool. loving the xeno minimouth scene.

that mass-murder civilization murder scene looks effin amazing. extremely unethical, morbid morally maniacal, absolute horrible to bare through for sure. this is going to be crazy.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:29:57 PM
We've known about that line for months. It pertains to both, which is why he kills the Engineers to salt the earth.

yeah you just keep believing that man.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I didn't know about that line.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 22, 2017, 09:35:07 PM

I did.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:37:04 PM

I did.
And how did you come this info?? Source/Link??

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 09:31:58 PM

I will, because some of us heard about the context surrounding that dialogue months ago. (No, I don't have the link in front of me.)
Spoiler
Apparently, David believes both humanity and their progenitors (the Engineers) are fundamentally flawed and must be wiped out to achieve the kind of 'perfection' Peter Weyland tells him about in the prologue featuring Guy Pearce. He decides they don't deserve another chance to fail. To that end, he begins by 'destroying to create' - wiping out the Engineers.
[close]

I can be a dick about certain things and I agreed to come down on this stuff less heavy, but I'd appreciate if you don't challenge me on something and then complain when I have something to say in response. None of the above contradicts the film crew calling these creatures what they are - dead Engineers, who David kills. You can believe what you want, just don't try to tell me I must be wrong and I won't do the same to you.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 22, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:37:04 PM

I did.
And how did you come this info?? Source/Link??

Is this it?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=56779.0

Edit: Yep this was from last month

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:41:21 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 09:31:58 PM

I will, because some of us heard about the context surrounding that dialogue months ago. (No, I don't have the link in front of me.)
Spoiler
Apparently, David believes both humanity and their progenitors (the Engineers) are fundamentally flawed and must be wiped out to achieve the kind of 'perfection' Peter Weyland tells him about in the prologue featuring Guy Pearce. He decides they don't deserve another chance to fail. To that end, he begins by 'destroying to create' - wiping out the Engineers.
[close]

I can be a dick about certain things and I agreed to come down on this stuff less heavy, but I'd appreciate if you don't challenge me on something and then complain when I have something to say in response. None of the above contradicts the film crew calling these creatures what they are - dead Engineers, who David kills. You can believe what you want, just don't try to tell me I must be wrong and I won't do the same to you.
Is that what you were trying to say???

I've known about that as well since it was first reported @cinemacon.
http://www.thewrap.com/new-alien-covenant-footage-reveals-link-prometheus-spoilers/

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yeah you got that right, you're really being a complete d*ck in this thread for quite some time now and it's really getting old.

you can believe whatever the *** you want, but stop telling the rest of this board to bend to your will and thoughts just because you have such a gigantic ego problem. so you can start putting that sentence above firstly and firmly to yourself, because you have been the one constantly pushing your views to others because in your mind, it doesn't fit. it's getting out of control like some sort of trollish controlfreak that doesnt let people breath outside of an amount they can barely survive because you feel like it.

it's reaching the points of harrassing forum members and hijacking every single thread in here. get a grip with yourself, for real. and yes, i'm speaking up here about it because it's absolute annoying and yes, i have also reported it.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That's part of it, yes. But there was a similar description floating around from a screening last year, I think, where
Spoiler
David says the same thing essentially - that both humans and Engineers have f**ked it up, and the only way to perfect new life is to destroy both flawed species.

He begins with the Engineers, in the scene we now all know well. His next presumed step (against humanity) is to begin work to either create or reverse-engineer the alien.
[close]

rabidranger

rabidranger

That Engineer mass exodus looks like something out of Game of Thrones. It makes me wonder about their society. Did they turn their back on technology or just dig an old school aesthetic for their day to day life?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed