Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 145,070 times)

Xeno_from_Chino

Xeno_from_Chino

The Aliens are going to look more realistic in the actual movie, right? I'm a little concerned from what I've seen so far. It looks very CGI up to this point, bordering on Alien 3 CGI, and I don't mean the rod puppet effect.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

3 new TV spots for Alien: Covenant, to sink my teeth into.   

Audio might be slightly out of sync. Sorry about that.

Spoilers galore! :)

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 19, 2017, 12:51:12 AM
I want to see more scenes with the facehugger.  The scariest creature in the Alien films, yet we rarely see them.  That scene in Aliens with the 2 facehuggers is the most suspenseful scene in that movie.
Dude, I agree. That part was so intense.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 18, 2017, 07:37:58 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 18, 2017, 07:29:42 PM

Look at how the left wall bends around the facehugger as it leaps into the shadows.

Alien spacetime warping confirmed.

It's not a wall. It's just rag-alike curtain :)

That was hilarious until someone pointed out reality.  :laugh:

I think we've seen enough TV spots now though. It'd be nice if we don't get any more.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2017, 06:57:07 AM
I think we've seen enough TV spots now though. It'd be nice if we don't get any more.

Yeah, I agree. It's a lot, but they need it to do well. Kinda crazy that we only just got the first trailer three months and three weeks ago!

I expect a heavy push for promo material on Alien Day, though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 19, 2017, 07:10:07 AM
I expect a heavy push for promo material on Alien Day, though.

Me too. It'd be silly for them not to. We'll probably get the last proper trailer, the theatrical one then.

Pauli

Pauli

The work on that little snapshot of the Face-hugger darting away is very well done.So well done I initially thought it was a puppet.Certainly has a weight and physicality about it, especially in its movement.

The Xenomorph also has a physicality about it and would go as far to say,especially with it's back tubes jerking about,that it is a guy in a suit with CGI added touch ups.

Either way those two shots look particularly well done.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Everything we've seen so far looks CG to me. I think we've yet to see a single practical shot in action which is kind of worrying. Although the Alien looks a marked improvement from recent outings, it still doesn't look to me like it's actually there.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 19, 2017, 12:10:50 AM
Spoiler
[close]

If this is CG then it is good. I'm calling it a guy in a suit though. Check how the back tubes kind of bounce like they are rubber. Seems odd they would do that with CG.

Spoiler
[close]

Definitely CG. And awesome.

So many aliens. So darn happy. ;D

I would have to agree with you on all of the above. IMO, this is the best the alien has looked in a very long time.

Jht

Jht

I hate the dorsal tubes, they look odd and seem to flop around

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: Xeno_from_Chino on Apr 19, 2017, 01:00:53 AM
The Aliens are going to look more realistic in the actual movie, right? I'm a little concerned from what I've seen so far. It looks very CGI up to this point, bordering on Alien 3 CGI, and I don't mean the rod puppet effect.
But it doesn't. The CGI is solid.

John Doe

John Doe

Look what i found:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I spy some brief new footage of the spores infecting someone.

Split off and merged with existing TV spots thread.

Ingwar

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Cloaking device activated.  :P #PredatorsConfirmedInAlienCovenant

Someone drop Scified an email.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed