Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,148 times)

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: locusta on Apr 04, 2017, 09:55:50 AM
Wow, guys. No need to freaking go into a fight because of something so obvious in all the business these days.

These trailer materials are some times month apart from creation. All latest movies teaser, first and second Trailer and then the final film have huge differences. Especially the CGI.

As an explanation, why the Xeno looks not only different because of the updated lightning of the scene, is the level of displacement mapping (look it here up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping)

The first renders have to be done quick and high settings of displacement are heavy on render time. Even my models differ by settings from half an hour per frame up to 4 h! Of course a house like MPC has huge render farms and can facilitate data we can´t even imagine, but this process takes just huge amount of time and marketing is doing it´s own thing along that.

Other reason as well, sometimes they even change the render engine. So the first footage might have been on a more light level (some even use Unreal Engine and similar) and the end render in final quality is Render Man. Huge difference of appearance.

For example, Guardians of the Galaxy use two different CGI studios to do Rocket Raccoon and Groot. As well they used different render engines. Trick is the end comp and grading.

And for the guys wondering why the ship changed, this is full CG scene. No ship, no sky, no Alien. Full out of the tin. And there will be plenty of those.

And now let´s enjoy the last 45 days of waiting time :D

Amen.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Love the music in this one... very fitting. 8)

x-M-x

x-M-x

They turned on/activated the hologram recording, and find a human woman (shaw) working the controls of that chair (obvious) getting orders help from David - the crew don't know it's shaw though (not yet anyway)

she steps in the pilot chair and takes off.

Maybe this could only be the cameo of shaw (a hologram)  :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Honestly I'm thinking they might have added too much detail, kinda just looks like exposed muscle now. Yes, I'm being nitpicky, but looking at that close up comparison, those muscle fibers are pretty prominent.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 10:16:42 AM
Honestly I'm thinking they might have added too much detail, kinda just looks like exposed muscle now.

What??

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 10:16:42 AM
Honestly I'm thinking they might have added too much detail, kinda just looks like exposed muscle now.

I think it will look great in motion. There's probably more differences that will be present in the released movie.

Saying that. Some parts do look fiberous

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Just noticing it, not forming an opinion on the design or anything yet. Before it looked like it had "skin" now it looks like exposed musculature.

Quote from: AXOR on Apr 04, 2017, 09:35:10 AM
ARE WE ACTUALLY ANALYSING THE WIDTH OF THE ALIEN'S WRIST, OR HOW DEEP IT'S ELBOW GOES....PLEASE. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. I am a huge fan, and much prefer it when the design of the creature stays closer to that of the first two movies, ideally the first one. But really, I mean really picking apart details mentioned by me previously, that's ludicrous.

Well, we do happen to be Alien nerds. Remember Anchorpoint Essays? That was speculation and analysis of the Xenomorph on a molecular level. Shit got deep. 

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

I don't know if this one has been posted it seems to be a longer version of "Take me Home" and it show a little bit more of Shaw.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSci8qrFfH3/?hl=en

Evanus

Evanus

Yep, that was already posted.

Man, it's actually really creepy. I wonder what exactly happened to Shaw.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

probs she trying to escape the planet after david landed on it, given the fact that she couldn't pilot it from lv-423. anyways im mildly pissed off about her being killed off.

zoidy

zoidy

Has anybody worked out where the vinyl is actually playing? The scene shows the valley outside. But the only ship that lands in that location as far as we know is the Covenant lander. So is that on the Convenant lander? Seems unlikely? Is it on the juggernaut? I'm confused.  ;D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: zoidy on Apr 04, 2017, 11:04:36 AM
Has anybody worked out where the vinyl is actually playing? The scene shows the valley outside. But the only ship that lands in that location as far as we know is the Covenant lander. So is that on the Convenant lander? Seems unlikely? Is it on the juggernaut? I'm confused.  ;D

Pretty sure that's a cabin on the lander.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Not sure whether it's just a full detail render or a specific cosmetic choice - I suspect the latter - but I preferred the smoother head on the alien. Reminded me of the original film and Badejo's suit design.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: zoidy on Apr 04, 2017, 11:04:36 AM

Pretty sure that's a cabin on the lander.
Makes sense, not sure why or even how they are then playing the same record. I'm probably over thinking it. Just go with it!   ;D

fernandito

fernandito

hadn't seen the instagram longer version. Yes it is indeed Shaw, but does she look changed or something?

I can't see it full size on instagram though. Is that the way in that web?, how can you watch it full size?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed