Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 146,308 times)

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Apr 03, 2017, 12:52:39 PM
I hate how people are calling the Xeno a "Proto-morph", it's not. That's bullshit created by scified.
Neca already confirmed it's the Xenomorph, it's just a different design, jeez

Those new alien movies are telling the origin of the Xenomorph,how they were probably created,in this movie we see that this is not yet true Xenomorph that we know,it dont have biomechanical parts,so its logical to assume this is a PROTO version of classic Xenomorph,and that this will evolve into alien we know,at the end of the movie or in the next movie.

zoidy

zoidy

Nope, I'm not buying that alien as cgi. It's a practical closeup with practical lips as far as I can see, is there CGI water or embellishments? Possibly.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's 2017. Forget that 100 + million R-rated blockbuster will fully base on practical effects. Don't be naive and romantic. Neomorph head scene is taken out of the context. We need to wait and see for  the whole sequence. And believe me, if it was practical a lot of people would have complained why it hasn't been done as CGI. Some scenes simply cannot be done in old-school way. You cannot satisfy everyone.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 03, 2017, 01:02:54 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:01:04 PM
i think that was mentioned by the actors stating they had fun running from these giant aliens. i dont think the neomorph or xenomorph qualifies as giant. big, sure. giant? no
the classic alien and the warrior variants were 3 meters tall, like the engineer in Prometheus basically. If that ain't giant for ya..

The adul deacon and Neomorph should be just as big as the classic alien. eight to nine foot+

Is that from the novelization? Lambert is not 7 ft. plus tall :laugh: (Veronica Cartwright is 5'5")

KillCrites

KillCrites

They definitely got me excited for the film again.

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 03, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
Is that from the novelization? Lambert is not 7 ft. plus tall :laugh: (Veronica Cartwright is 5'5")

Quote from: KillCrites on Apr 03, 2017, 02:16:06 PM
They definitely got me excited for the film again.
yeah definitely

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 02:07:25 PM
It's 2017. Forget that 100 + million R-rated blockbuster will fully base on practical effects. Don't be naive and romantic. Neomorph head scene is taken out of the context. We need to wait and see for  the whole sequence. And believe me, if it was practical a lot of people would have complained why it hasn't been done as CGI. Some scenes simply cannot be done in old-school way. You cannot satisfy everyone.
Sure, many shots will be cgi. But we know from the recently published articles from last years set visits that it's a combination of everything - cgi, lots of practical effects, actors eg the French (?) guy who did the creature in REC and others, so it's not a case of practical being a romantic irrelevance. It's still used, and Ridley appears to be using all the techniques. I don't deny the neomorph is CGI, but the Big Chap closeups will be practical I'm sure. Of couse wider shots won't be, they will be CGI or a mix with the motion actor I mentioned.

Richman678

Richman678

Sorry but the Neomorph CG is laughable. I would rather see the movie delayed rather than them release the movie with the Neomorph looking that way.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: zoidy on Apr 03, 2017, 02:19:29 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 02:07:25 PM
Sure, many shots will be cgi. But we know from the recently published articles from last years set visits that it's a combination of everything - cgi, lots of practical effects, actors eg the French (?) guy who did the creature in REC and others, so it's not a case of practical being a romantic irrelevance. It's still used, and Ridley appears to be using all the techniques. I don't deny the neomorph is CGI, but the Big Chap closeups will be practical I'm sure. Of couse wider shots won't be, they will be CGI or a mix with the motion actor I mentioned.

Absolutely agree. Everything depends how CGI is used. I would love to see practical staff as well. I don't thing we have seen meaningful one yet in the trailers.

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 03, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Sorry but the Neomorph CG is laughable. I would rather see the movie delayed rather than them release the movie with the Neomorph looking that way.

Laughable? I like it. It grows up on me. How would you execute that scene? Besides, we don't know if it's the final CG. They might look better once movie is released. And if you really want to see a laughable CG then watch King Arthur: Legend of the Sword trailer.

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 03, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Sorry but the Neomorph CG is laughable
if you say so

Stolen

Stolen

The neomorph with his mouth closed is scary as hell! I love it !!!

Evanus

Evanus

Can't say I'm fond of the Neomorph design either. But maybe it's because you can only see it from the front. I'm sure it'll look better from different perspectives.

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: SrSpinelli on Apr 03, 2017, 12:52:39 PM
I hate how people are calling the Xeno a "Proto-morph", it's not. That's bullshit created by scified.
Neca already confirmed it's the Xenomorph, it's just a different design, jeez

Those new alien movies are telling the origin of the Xenomorph,how they were probably created,in this movie we see that this is not yet true Xenomorph that we know,it dont have biomechanical parts,so its logical to assume this is a PROTO version of classic Xenomorph,and that this will evolve into alien we know,at the end of the movie or in the next movie.
Because different design means different types of creature ima right?
It's a design change, it's still the same creature, Protomorph is a FALSE name amde by a website known for spreading false information.

Ingwar

Ingwar

What's wrong about it? Looks fine to me.

Adorianu

Adorianu

From this TV Spot now i think that Neomorph will have similiar mouth to Deacon(this is why someone who said watched movie was confusing neomorphs with Deacons).

This is how he looks like with close mouths:

And when he opens them

it will(his jaws) came out like those jaws in Deacon:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed