Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,225 times)

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 03, 2017, 11:17:39 AM
Looks good but I'm not sure about the Neomorph. Looks a bit silly in my opinion.
No way. The Neomorph is looking way better than I expected it to be. Now it needs to be big like the standard alien and we'll have a damn nice non-biomech(alternate version of the classic

Bojo

Bojo

I feel the Neomorph does look a tad ridiculous,though.
The reveal was good as the creature looked like it had weight but it's the second shot where the camera pans in and he attacks,with his mouth open,that it looks like something from a cheap sci-fi production.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Semaka on Apr 03, 2017, 10:33:06 AM
Here it is man, the eye sockets and the nose piramid:

Ok,you are right guys,i did this to the picture:

And now i see subtle shape of  eye sockets,but the nose piramid is mostly lighting( reversed V that we see),because its too big.But yeah there is probably nose hole as well under this dome.So i i apologize.

Russ840

Russ840

Nice job there. Can really make out the creature in this edit.

I love this design.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2017, 11:42:02 AM
It's never worked terribly well. The closest I'd say was T'Chala in Civil War and even that was hitting uncanny valley in a lot of shots.

Didn't Del Toro use that technique in Hellboy 2 and Pans labyrinth ? 

If so. It worked really well there.

Come to think of it, was the Decon not touched up with CG.

Predaker

Predaker

I've never been keen to the deacon or the neomorph creatures. They're like a bad joke of the Alien.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 11:55:37 AM
Quote from: Semaka on Apr 03, 2017, 10:33:06 AM
Here it is man, the eye sockets and the nose piramid:

Ok,you are right guys,i did this to the picture:

And now i see subtle shape of  eye sockets,but the nose piramid is mostly lighting( reversed V that we see),because its too big.But yeah there is probably nose hole as well under this dome.So i i apology.

Great job. And finally we see the attack tongue mouth! :D

Oh, and it seems to have six fingers, or was that already clear?

Bojo

Bojo

See the problem with the Xenomorph nowadays is,because its so embedded in popular culture,that the creature/design looks less frightening and more cool.
That's not a criticism of Scott it's just unfortunately the way it is.

Russ840

Russ840

I get what your saying Bojo but the trailer that shows it head butting the screen is the scariest I have found the alien since 'Alien'.

It looks formidable and powerful. I would s**t myself if that thing was after me.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
I'm beginning to think they painted over all the practical creature stuff with CG.

Again.

Ugh... Let's hope not. The thing prequel was largely ruined because of that. I don't know why studio execs think close up CG shots are more convincing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 03, 2017, 11:58:06 AM.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2017, 11:42:02 AM
It's never worked terribly well. The closest I'd say was T'Chala in Civil War and even that was hitting uncanny valley in a lot of shots.

Didn't Del Toro use that technique in Hellboy 2 and Pans labyrinth ? 

If so. It worked really well there.
They were almost 100% suits. At most there were some slight touches to enhance them, but you're still looking at what was on set.

What I'm talking about is completely replacing the practical effect with cgi, like in The Thing.

Evanus

Evanus

So was this all CGI? Looks like CGI to me but I'm not sure. I really hope they didn't paint over the practical effects with CGI.  :-[

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 03, 2017, 12:33:44 PM
I get what your saying Bojo but the trailer that shows it head butting the screen is the scariest I have found the alien since 'Alien'.

It looks formidable and powerful. I would s**t myself if that thing was after me.
agreeded to the last full stop, although if we're talking about scariest, then we shouldn't forget the moment in alien3 when Ripley finds the alien down there, I mean the moment the alien drops down from the ceiling. That was the last true scary moment to the alien series imo

On a side note, the true "issue" I've found in these 3 latest tv spots is that we have been spoiled another member of the crew beinge dispatched,. and not only that, how/which way and by who/what

426Buddy

426Buddy

Looks great, can't wait!

May can't come soon enough!

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

I hate how people are calling the Xeno a "Proto-morph", it's not. That's bullshit created by scified.
Neca already confirmed it's the Xenomorph, it's just a different design, jeez

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:56:30 AM
i think that was mentioned by the actors stating they had fun running from these giant aliens. i dont think the neomorph or xenomorph qualifies as giant. big, sure. giant? no. so there's probably another one we haven't seen yet. which could turn out to be the space jockey?

Or they were talking about the big alien we've already seen. Anything else is kind of a huge leap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed