Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 147,445 times)

Semaka

Semaka

Love the 3 trailers. I think the scene with the protomorph is the shower scene, because it looks to me that that is water that pours over it, and it looks like it has some blood on its mouth (I think it will have even more blood in the movie). That one scene with the neomorph, looks ok to me, because in the scenes where it attacks the humans, it looks good and brutal. They are still hiding the inner-jaw for the proto, so I wonder what is the design for it that it is kept out of all the trailers in which the proto appears?

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 07:30:59 AM
Why you saying this is xeno? i think this is protomorph,probably creation of xenomorph that we know we will see at the end of the movie.
And i dont think those are his "eyes" under his dome,just lighting.

No, it has eye sockets, you can see them when the alien jumps in that corridor scene, if you pause it, you can see it has 2 eye sockets and a hole where the nose is.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 07:54:15 AM
Rumors were saying that there will be two neomorphs and one protomorph,and we see that this is the truth,we saw neomorph and alien dont have biomechanical elements so yeah it IS PROTO version of Xenomorph.

If I remember from my own verified and none 4chan sources, it's actually

Spoiler
2 of each.
[close]
I will double check though.

It's simply the Alien. It just looks different to Giger's Alien because the biomechanical design hasn't been introduced to it yet. I imagine we'll get a better understanding of the design mentality when the film comes out and the designers talk more about it.

It seems more like to me that it's just intended to be in the same vein as how the Runner looks different because it had canine (or bovine) aspects integrated into its design or how the Resurrection Aliens were corrupted with the genetic mixing. They don't have many biomechanical elements. Are they completely different?

I know I'm just being pedantic to a degree about the nickname (and out of annoyance that Scified spread that Waltermorph bullshit article around so successfully) but I just wanna be clear that as far as I'm aware it was simply referred to as the Alien behind the scenes. It's clearly intended to be some sort of in-between design but it's doesn't sound like it was intended to be a completely different creature.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quoteit's doesn't sound like it was intended to be a completely different creature.

But i didnt said that this is completely different creature,i just said that this is not yet our Xenormorph,its a proto version of him and the "real" one we will probably see at the end of the movie,or in the next movies.But yeah it was nitpicking from my side,you can call it Xenomorph if you like.For me its protomorph :)

cliffhanger

Ingwar

Ingwar

Regarding Tess Haubrich and Neomorph.

Spoiler
Tess Haubrich is not killed by Neomorph as we can see it. It is just the way spot is edited. I guess she's gonna be killed by Xenomorph in the citadel. You can hear its sound. The head scene with grow Neomorph occurs in the forest. He might be the mouthburster.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 08:13:46 AM
But i didnt said that this is completely different creature,i just said that this is not yet our Xenormorph,its a proto version of him and the "real" one we will probably see at the end of the movie,or in the next movies.

Like I mentioned, I'm probably just being pedantic out of annoyance that all that misinformation contained in the "protomorph" article got spread around so much. I cringe every time I see that name used. Sorry.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

all the more reason to start using it more then :D

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 08:13:46 AM
But i didnt said that this is completely different creature,i just said that this is not yet our Xenormorph,its a proto version of him and the "real" one we will probably see at the end of the movie,or in the next movies.

Like I mentioned, I'm probably just being pedantic out of annoyance that all that misinformation contained in the "protomorph" article got spread around so much. I cringe every time I see that name used. Sorry.

Then how would you call it? It's not Xenomorph as we know it. Looks alike but it's not the same. It's not bio-mechanoid. Just pure bio. Protomorph is just an informal name so we can differ one of each other :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 08:22:46 AM
Then how would you call it? It's not Xenomorph as we know it. Looks alike but it's not the same. It's not bio-mechanoid. Just pure bio. Protomorph is just an informal name so we can differ one of each other :)

I know, Ingwar. Like I said - just annoyance at where the name from and all the misinformation contained in there (that it was a "primordial version of the Alien", for example.) I acknowledge it's just me being petty.

I call 'em Stanley.  ;) http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54862.msg2125833#msg2125833

Adorianu

Adorianu

QuoteLike I mentioned, I'm probably just being pedantic out of annoyance that all that misinformation contained in the "protomorph" article got spread around so much. I cringe every time I see that name used. Sorry.

Well im using this name because it was mentioned in same article that said about neomorphs,and later we saw that yeah,there are creatures that were called by this article neomorphs,and also there is alien who not fully looks like classic Xenomorph so hmm what  could it be? article was right with neomorphs so this must be a protomorph.I dont heard anything about this Waltermorph though.

zoidy

zoidy

Just on the alien rising (in water?), I suspect it's just the editing that has it appearing to be in the same scene as Daniels in the suit, that water is being affected by gravity, she's clearly not in gravity :-)

But on the alien itself - excellent. And I bet you that's a completely practical alien head. The set visit articles made clear the amount of effort that has gone in to practical effects, supplemented of course with CGI. THAT looks practical to me, and is exactly the shot they would use it for.

Adorianu

Adorianu

QuoteNo, it has eye sockets, you can see them when the alien jumps in that corridor scene, if you pause it, you can see it has 2 eye sockets and a hole where the nose is

Well we saw in the trailer this alien in the day light,and i dont see any nose hole or human eye sockets.

Dont think those are eye pockets from skull they  are too far,too small.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 08:36:23 AM
Well im using this name because it was mentioned in same article that said about neomorphs,and later we saw that yeah,there are creatures that were called by this article neomorphs,and also there is alien who not fully looks like classic Xenomorph so hmm what  could it be? article was right with neomorphs so this must be a protomorph.I dont heard anything about this Waltermorph though.

Actually we were the ones to reveal the Neomorphs to the world (which is mentioned in the Protomorph article anyway)  :)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/ - 24th of October.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive-new-details-alien-covenants-3-primary-monsters-spoilers - 18th December.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 08:56:07 AM
Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 08:36:23 AM

Actually we were the ones to reveal the Neomorphs to the world (which is mentioned in the Protomorph article anyway)  :)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/ - 24th of October.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive-new-details-alien-covenants-3-primary-monsters-spoilers - 18th December.

And you are the ones that brought Protomorph name.Because i remember reading this in your news.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've never mentioned the Protomorph. That was all Scified. I've never mentioned it out of disdain for that article. I've referred to Jon Spaihts' Alien template creatures as proto-Aliens (they were a completely separate creature) in various articles but never called Covenant's Aliens protomorphs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed