Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 146,549 times)

SiL

SiL

Why would they do a closeup of the Alien's face in CG?  Is there no practical alien in this?

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

I do wonder if they are "engineers" as we saw them before. I guess it's very possible these guys live in a low tech city, it's thousands of years after the bio-mech engineer lived - perhaps they turned their back on all their technology?

My biggest problem is that planets are huge - it will be interesting if they referred to this in the film, if there is just one city here or hundreds all over the world.

Stolen

Stolen

I am proud of myself. I have not seen anything of these  ;D

Adorianu

Adorianu

Why you saying this is xeno? i think this is protomorph,probably creation of xenomorph that we know we will see at the end of the movie.
And i dont think those are his "eyes" under his dome,just lighting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There is no Protomorph. It's just a name coined by Scified for this iteration of the Alien in one of their articles that included the completely false Waltermorph bullshit. It's not a completely different creature. Just a different looking Alien in the same vein as the Runner or the Resurrection Aliens. Just so happens this is likely to be a version that is deliberately missing the biomechanical elements we associate with Giger's Alien.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

whoa, that alien looks cool. i'm not really fond of the eyes in the skull but i think i actually like this.

not so sure about that neomorph. i do really dig it when it's mouth is closed. that looks haunting and scary.i like most how it is rather faceless. no eyes, no nose (which i think is one of the scariest looks at all, the xeno theoretically could breath through all the open stuff around its face, but this looks like a human staying alive despite having a bag on its head), and a hidden mouth. no ears. nothing. awesome.

not so much enjoying that the mouth opens so big and it attacks with it. personally i'd prefer seeing it being intelligent above animalistic. like just grabbing its opponent and crushing its head for example, against a wall, with its hands. or lifting it up on the head with its hands, and seeing it open its mouth and a goblinshark-like (deaconlike) mouth pops out, and chopping out it's throat, or lashing out it's heart. or just putting its fingers through the eyes and snapping the neck.

it looks scary as hell though.

and if i judge those sounds just before right, when looking to the face reaction of it's victim....it sounds like it fits right into the book.....oozing mass coming through a pipe. it sounds like exactly that. which would also explain how it would escape the medbay.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I used that word simply because I hate how popularized 'xenomorph' is. To me it's the alien, period. I do think it's a prototypical version of the final creature, which is why we have the 'proto' thing in the mix.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 07:36:41 AM
and if i judge those sounds just before right, when looking to the face reaction of it's victim....it sounds like it fits right into the book.....oozing mass coming through a pipe. it sounds like exactly that. which would also explain how it would escape the medbay.

Would be lovely but there is no evidence of that happening.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

btw, somebody had to do it :D

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 07:34:34 AM
There is no Protomorph. It's just a name coined by Scified for this iteration of the Alien in one of their articles that included the completely false Waltermorph bullshit. It's not a completely different creature. Just a different looking Alien in the same vein as the Runner or the Resurrection Aliens. Just so happens this is likely to be a version that is deliberately missing the biomechanical elements we associate with Giger's Alien.

So there  are no neomorphs? :D

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2017, 07:10:33 AM
Why would they do a closeup of the Alien's face in CG?  Is there no practical alien in this?

I don't think that is CG on the alien. I think it is practical.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 07:46:42 AM

There are Neomorphs and Aliens. Completely different designs and creatures. The Alien is simply the Alien, lacking it's biomechanical elements because it seems like the prequels are leading towards introducing that into the design.

They were not, as far as I know, intended to be a completely different creature. The 4chan post that all this Waltermorph and Protomorph stuff was sourced from was complete rubbish.

Neomorphs we know are a completely different creature who function in a similar way to the Aliens but are quite specifically different.

I know that the Neomorph term was used behind the scenes. I'm also aware that the Aliens in this were referred to as simply Aliens.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 07:52:11 AM
Quote from: Adorianu on Apr 03, 2017, 07:46:42 AM

There are Neomorphs and Aliens. Completely different designs and creatures. The Alien is simply the Alien, lacking it's biomechanical elements because it seems like the prequels are leading towards introducing that into the design.

They were not, as far as I know, intended to be a completely different creature. The 4chan post that all this Waltermorph and Protomorph stuff was sourced from was complete rubbish.

Neomorphs we know are a completely different creature who function in a similar way to the Aliens but are quite specifically different.

I know that the Neomorph term was used behind the scenes. I'm also aware that the Aliens in this were referred to as simply Aliens.

Rumors were saying that there will be two neomorphs and one protomorph,and we see that this is the truth,we saw neomorph and alien dont have biomechanical elements so yeah it IS PROTO version of Xenomorph.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

am i not  mistaken that i remember a comment, not sure if it was ridley himself or not, that there was another species too? its probably those humans that got fried, but could there be another alien? or is that aboat the deacon which might also pop up?

remember a rumor about a gigantic alien. i think that was mentioned by the actors stating they had fun running from these giant aliens. i dont think the neomorph or xenomorph qualifies as giant. big, sure. giant? no. so there's probably another one we haven't seen yet. which could turn out to be the space jockey?

Adorianu

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed